I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 46 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

We've been watching Big Shot on Disney+. It's really good. John Stamos plays a disgraced college basketball coach (kind of meld of Bobby Knight and Rick Pitino is the vibe) that gets blackballed from college hoops and ends up coaching a high school girls team. Each episode is solid, they deal with some pretty heady stuff and have a great "how the old and new navigate each other" tone. Supposedly it will get another season.

ZeroZeroZero on Prime was outstanding. Follows three storylines: cocaine supplier in Mexico, broker in New Orleans, and “end buyer”organization in Italy.

Apparently it won’t have a second season, it was made to be a mini-series. Too bad because it was fantastic and they left off on what I thought was a great lead into the next chapter. Maybe the showrunner(s) change their mind.

I saw people mention Outer Banks. I just binge watched the first two seasons. Really kept my attention.

I've never seen teenagers so easily able to dodge unsuspecting axes, machetes and hooks coming at their head, or developing a plan in 30 seconds to avoid certain death, but they work it out!

Can't wait for season 3. P4L.

I saw people mention Outer Banks. I just binge watched the first two seasons. Really kept my attention.

I've never seen teenagers so easily able to dodge unsuspecting axes, machetes and hooks coming at their head, or developing a plan in 30 seconds to avoid certain death, but they work it out!

It's wildly entertaining.

ZeroZeroZero on Prime was outstanding. Follows three storylines: cocaine supplier in Mexico, broker in New Orleans, and “end buyer”organization in Italy.

Apparently it won’t have a second season, it was made to be a mini-series. Too bad because it was fantastic and they left off on what I thought was a great lead into the next chapter. Maybe the showrunner(s) change their mind.
Loved it.

The White Lotus has gotten good.
Was easily my favorite thing on tv the last 2 months. Nothing remotely close. Nothing compares to HBO Sunday nights. Moved right from Mare to White Lotus and both were the best thing on tv.

We just got talked into giving Outer Banks a shot. We'll start this week

Was easily my favorite thing on tv the last 2 months. Nothing remotely close. Nothing compares to HBO Sunday nights. Moved right from Mare to White Lotus and both were the best thing on tv.
Great finale!

I just started Mare. I’ll follow up with White Lotus. And that should hopefully be the bridge to Succession season 3.

Just started it. The first couple episodes are a little slow.

For those needing some comedy, I recommend "The Chair" on Netflix. Hilarious performance from Sandra Oh. For those working in higher ed, lots of relatable stuff. Some great one-liners.

The Chair, is anyone watching this? Funny, perceptive. A little maddening as well for those who are totally intolerant of the wokester crowd.

Enjoying “Wu-Tang: An American Saga”.

NOT a doc. Some aspects are flat out made up for entertainment purposes. But it’s generally telling their story, and is fun as hell.

Not perfect. Meth’s character is too stiff. Surprised at how Ghost is always brooding and angry. Wish my guy Deck got more screen time. But it’s good. ODB and Rae are dead on and RZA captures the spirit. The Easter eggs are good and the story is compelling, especially once the music industry stuff starts.

8.jpg

Currently watching Start-up on Netflix and it’s pretty good .. save for the fact that one of the main characters voice is a complete impersonation of Bill Hader …

finished The Bureau recently .. a French series with 5 Seasons and I’m pretty sure it’s the best series I’ve ever watched .. including The Wire and Sopranos