I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

Currently watching Start-up on Netflix and it’s pretty good .. save for the fact that one of the main characters voice is a complete impersonation of Bill Hader …

finished The Bureau recently .. a French series with 5 Seasons and I’m pretty sure it’s the best series I’ve ever watched .. including The Wire and Sopranos
Definitely adding this to my list.

American Rust on Showtime is solid through 2. Tough timing coming right after Mare and being similar but I'll take it.

Better than the original Pefect Strangers with Balki and Cousin Larry ?
My wife used to have a thing for Pierce Brosnan back in the day. When she told me I mistakenly thought she meant Bronson Pinchot. She made it clear in no uncertain terms that I was incorrect. I made sure that after that I confused the two each and every time he was mentioned.

s
My wife used to have a thing for Pierce Brosnan back in the day. When she told me I mistakenly thought she meant Bronson Pinchot. She made it clear in no uncertain terms that I was incorrect. I made sure that after that I confused the two each and every time he was mentioned.
it would have been just so much a cooler if she did indeed mean the Balki dude

Just finished The Monster Inside the 24 faces of Billy Milligan. Wow he was one sick dude. Honestly I think he was faking it and he is just brilliant.

s

it would have been just so much a cooler if she did indeed mean the Balki dude
While true from a comic viewpoint, it would just make me question so many things about her. Primarily, why she chose me?!

Not sure if anyone has ever recommended it and we have a different F1 thread in the Other Sports part but given that everyone here is a sports fan then should probably give the highest recommendation to Drive to Survive on Netflix. It's basically like a Hard Knocks or 24/7 type of show about F1 racing. Each season is from a different year. Season 1 was 2018, Season 2 was 2019 and Season 3 covers last year. If you want to just prepare for the current season going on then you can start with Season 3. If you want a lot more detail and get to know the drivers and teams more thoroughly then start at Season 1 and cruise through all 3. This show has created a ton of new fans which is pretty cool as I've never really had too many friends with any interest in F1 at all and now have a handful.

You simply MUST watch 'Summer Of Soul' on Hulu.

Less a musical documentary than an invigorating view of a unique time and place that heralded a broad and burgeoning Black movement in America and throughout the world. Footage that inexplicably had been locked away somewhere for 50 years b/c some idiot must have decided it wasn’t commercial. (Thank you, Questlove, for liberating it.) This vibrant recounting of the 1969 Harlem Cultural Festival (which I had never known even took place) is incredibly relevant and, yes, deeply moving.

Currently watching Start-up on Netflix and it’s pretty good .. save for the fact that one of the main characters voice is a complete impersonation of Bill Hader …

finished The Bureau recently .. a French series with 5 Seasons and I’m pretty sure it’s the best series I’ve ever watched .. including The Wire and Sopranos
Is the Bureau similar to Homeland?

Is there any cheesier and more useless character then “the artist” on Billions ?

the final scene , season 5, episode 8… some of the most unintentionally funny stuff I’ve ever seen

Last edited:
10-Year-Old Tom is pretty good. It’s better than The Life & Times of Tim for some reason.

Midnight mass anyone? 2 1/2 episodes in and heavy Stephen King feel. Directed by MIKE Flanagan

Midnight mass anyone? 2 1/2 episodes in and heavy Stephen King feel. Directed by MIKE Flanagan
Yeah, it wasn’t bad; perhaps better than Hill House and whatever the second one was called.

We started watching Imposters. I think we're on episode 5 or 6. Really interesting.

Just finished The North Water on AMC+ after hearing about it a while. Colin Farrell is pretty spectacular as a harpoonist on a whale hunting ship in the 1850's. If you can get a 7 day free trial or something it's worth it, only 5 episodes.