I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

Maybe Homeland? Certainly season 1 if you haven’t seen it.
Thanks.. I haven't but will check it out. That was one that I was considering. I was reading reviews of Showtime shows and that one sounded like it was great to start, went down, and then back up.

You can probably see them elsewhere now but these were all great original Showtime shows:
Dexter
Shameless
Nurse Jackie
Weeds
Homeland
Thanks. I watched Dexter on Netflix a few years ago, but I'll check out the others.

Thanks.. I haven't but will check it out. That was one that I was considering. I was reading reviews of Showtime shows and that one sounded like it was great to start, went down, and then back up.
Yeah, that’s how I would describe it. Had a couple down seasons in the middle, but bounced back nicely. Overall, a good series.

Is Ray Donovan on Showtime? I enjoyed the first couple of seasons of that when I had a free trial for a few months.

Binge Watch Report:

Watched the first four seasons of Better Call Saul. A very ambitious series, tracing the arc of the life of Jimmy McGill, who will eventually become Saul Goodman. Flash-forwards and flashbacks, featuring some of your faves from 'Breaking Bad', most notably Mike Ehrmentraut and Gus Fring.

Be forwarned: Although there are comedic elements to it, it is not a comedy. There's an absolutely brilliant performance by Michael McKean in the largely unsympathetic role of Jimmy's successful older brother and lawyer Charles McGill. An incredibly complex character. McKean has had quite the career, starting, of course, with Lenny & Squiggy on Laverne & Shirley.

Just binge-watched the final (?) season of Bosch. Bosch remains an intriguing character with his own code of honor, which gets him in trouble. It's an easy watch, and, if you like police procedural dramas replete with big city politics, It'll go down real easy.
Bosch is done. I liked the final season but felt it ended abruptly. I think they could have had 1-2 more episodes to wrap it up better.

3.jpg

I can’t wait for season two of Ted Lasso. The only question will be do we wait for all episodes to drop and have an amazing binge weekend, or do we go old school and watch the weekly episodes….

The McCartney documentary on Hulu is solid. I like Rick Rubin's interviews (see the Broken Record podcast). He is not fishing for stories on behalf of his audience. He is serving his own curiosity. I love his genuine passion for music and specifically for the recording process.

Last edited:
We just watched the second season of Lupin. It was excellent. It would have helped to have a recap of the first season to catch us up since we're, um, old, and it's hard to remember just where things left off.

The second season (5 episodes) neatly wrapped up all the ongoing storylines from Season One and, especially in the finale, in spectacular fashion somewhat reminiscent of Hitchcock's 'The Man Who Knew Too Much'. I loved how seemingly incongruous flashbacks turn out to be so instrumental to the story as a whole.

Turns out there's gonna be a Season Three. It'll be a brand new plot starting from scratch, so I won't have to remember anything next time...