I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 78 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

From what I recall, I thought the first episode, maybe 2, were a little slow, but then it really ramps up. Great contrast of dark and funny.

I love it. As Zelda said, season 3 was a bit meh. For me, I'm watching mostly for Noho Hank now. He steals the show.

This season's episode 2, Dave & Buster's scene, was a kidney pain laugh.
Who knew that Chechens could be funny?

I was bored to death by the first episode. It felt like a bad West Wing. Does it get better?
I’d say so. The first episode is setting up the character development and broader storylines about foreign policy. I’d recommend watching the second episode a chance to see where you come out afterwards. I like the interesting characters they’ve developed and strong banter/dialog. Also a plus… you get David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap as President of the USA!

I was bored to death by the first episode. It felt like a bad West Wing. Does it get better?
It's very talky. Mostly sharp, subtexty, strategic dialog, and then some interesting political twists and barbs interspersed. But, it's about the dynamics of relationships—personal and political. It's not really a spy thriller. Maybe check out The Recruit (Netflix) for more action? I just finished (boo) The Diplomat and watched the first two episodes of that last night.

It's very talky. Mostly sharp, subtexty, strategic dialog, and then some interesting political twists and barbs interspersed. But, it's about the dynamics of relationships—personal and political. It's not really a spy thriller. Maybe check out The Recruit (Netflix) for more action? I just finished (boo) The Diplomat and watched the first two episodes of that last night.
I’m definitely not looking for more action, just good dialogue and character development.

I’m definitely not looking for more action, just good dialogue and character development.
I think it's up there in dialog quality. Maybe not GoT/HoD or Succession-level, but up there. Not sure the characters 'develop' much in season 1. It's more about the machinations.

Just watched the first two seasons of Lupin on Netflix. Caper type of show, based upon the character Arsene Lupin, Gentleman thief, from French literature. (I did not read the books, but I may need to.)

Enjoyed it very much. Season 3 comes out in October.

Night Agent.

‘Nuff said.
I watched that like two weeks ago and already can't remember anything about it. Not sure if that's a reflection of the show or my age/horrific memory. It must have been decent for me to binge it, but i don't think it's 'great.'

You might like The Recruit. They seem to be sorta on the same level.

Just watched the first two seasons of Lupin on Netflix. Caper type of show, based upon the character Arsene Lupin, Gentleman thief, from French literature. (I did not read the books, but I may need to.)

One of my favorite shows on Netflix. Was wondering when the new season was coming.

Lupin was pretty good.

I think someone else mentioned it But Rabbit hole did a lot of nice things. I mean if Tulsa king can get a season 2 I hope Rabbit hole does.

Love&Death (Max) — Elizabeth Olsen is really good.

There’s more realism in a Marvel movie than the Diplomat.
1683503814964.png

Just started Jury Duty on Freeview/Freevee, or whatever its called. Premise is a behind the scenes documentary on a trial. However, everyone is an actor except for one of the jurors.

Several years ago, there was a Big Brother type show with a similar actors and patsy setup.Will have to see how ridiculous this one gets.

Just started Jury Duty on Freeview/Freevee, or whatever its called. Premise is a behind the scenes documentary on a trial. However, everyone is an actor except for one of the jurors.

Several years ago, there was a Big Brother type show with a similar actors and patsy setup.Will have to see how ridiculous this one gets.

It was quite entertaining.