I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 80 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

First season of Lost was one of my favorite all time seasons of any show.

And it slowly went down a hill from there, until it crashed when it got to the bottom.
I never even finished it. I don’t think I even made it to the last season. But yeah, I really enjoyed the first season.

The overly dramatic and weird backstories got repetitive to me, and I really got sick of guys popping up from behind to knock somebody out before tying them up. How many times can that possibly happen?

Just started Jury Duty on Freeview/Freevee, or whatever its called. Premise is a behind the scenes documentary on a trial. However, everyone is an actor except for one of the jurors.

Several years ago, there was a Big Brother type show with a similar actors and patsy setup.Will have to see how ridiculous this one gets.
you're thinking joe schmo. very funny. they did a bachelor type spoof which was hilarious. the "actor" juror this season was the bachelor on that show. during the bachelor schmo series the female mark caught on pretty early and they had to pivot hard to include her in the cast. so far this jury guy seems gullible enuf but yet is beginning to sense somethings up.

now there's a show called FOUR WEDDINGS or something where 4 brides attend and rate each others wedding for a grand prize. i always thought this would be the perfect setup to schmo somebody. the crazy family possibilities and wacky wedding venues are endless.

Last edited:
Anyone have any horror/thriller series recommendations by any chance?
I’ve just started INVASION on Apple TV+. So far it’s a very slow build up and I think it’s trying to be too many things but it has some pretty scary moments. Will let you know as I watch more if I recommend it

Wrong Side of the Tracks [Netflix]….. wooo it’s intense and messed up. Think Clint Eastwood and Liam Neeson character and type plot

Series finale of Maisel was one of the best in a long, long time. Pitch perfect.

Now let’s see what Ted Lasso can do.

Spoiler alert.

I had seen Bill Simmons retweet that 4 or 5 days ago and thought it was highly unlikely from a British writing team...

I had seen Bill Simmons retweet that 4 or 5 days ago and thought it was highly unlikely from a British writing team...
Interesting - I hadn’t thought of that angle. So there’s no obscure former English Cricketeer by the name “Wambsganss” who made a similarly improbable play about a hundred years ago?

Interesting - I hadn’t thought of that angle. So there’s no obscure former English Cricketeer by the name “Wambsganss” who made a similarly improbable play about a hundred years ago?
Knocked down 3 sticky wickets with one bowl.

It's a shame that the final episode of Barry took place the same night as Succession.

They stuck the landing. Twice. First, the ending, then the ending AFTER the ending.

I know that some people didn't like the dark turn of the show in Season 4, but it made total sense and was inevitable. Just brilliant vision and execution by Bill Hader, and what a cast! NoHo Hank, Henry Winkler, and especially Sarah Goldberg as Sally Reed.

The episodes are only a half-hour long. If you haven't already watched it, I can't recommend it strongly enough.

Predictions for the season finale of Succession?

I think Marcia is named the new CEO.
The finale fell short. I know they had to do something like this so the show wouldn't go on forever. I felt the final season as a whole was good, with chaos and great acting.

The finale fell short. I know they had to do something like this so the show wouldn't go on forever. I felt the final season as a whole was good, with chaos and great acting.

I liked it. It hit both extremes of the central theme of the show. How the siblings can get along so well and how they can tear each other apart.

Tom & Greg deliver as always, loved that bathroom slap fight scene.

It's a shame that the final episode of Barry took place the same night as Succession.

They stuck the landing. Twice. First, the ending, then the ending AFTER the ending.

I know that some people didn't like the dark turn of the show in Season 4, but it made total sense and was inevitable. Just brilliant vision and execution by Bill Hader, and what a cast! NoHo Hank, Henry Winkler, and especially Sarah Goldberg as Sally Reed.

The episodes are only a half-hour long. If you haven't already watched it, I can't recommend it strongly enough.

Loved this finale too. At some point, they had to face up to all the dark stuff.

I've said it in this thread, but NoHo Hank will go down as one of my all time favorite TV show supporting cast members. Loved him going thru the boxes last week, "oh poor Isiah, even dead he's an absolute fox!"

I liked it. It hit both extremes of the central theme of the show. How the siblings can get along so well and how they can tear each other apart.

Tom & Greg deliver as always, loved that bathroom slap fight scene.
I liked it as well. It made sense, didn't go off the rails. Man, I wonder about the budget that the show must have had. They missed very few luxury hot spots during the run.

Loved this finale too. At some point, they had to face up to all the dark stuff.

I've said it in this thread, but NoHo Hank will go down as one of my all time favorite TV show supporting cast members. Loved him going thru the boxes last week, "oh poor Isiah, even dead he's an absolute fox!"
His delivery, body language, and facial expressions are and were priceless.

FUBAR is ridiculous.

Can anyone comment on:
Fatal Attraction
Platonic
Class of '09

Knocked down 3 sticky wickets with one bowl.
lead_960.png

and he don't come around here no more