I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 98 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

I’m looking for additional Scandinavian crime series. Anything new out I’m missing?

my wife watched season 1 just this week and seems to concur. there is a new dark comedy series on NETFLIX called DECAMERON about life during the plague. sunday NYT gave it mixed reviews. but they did give a thumbs up to DARK HORSES (appletv) and @CHEF REACTIONS (online)
Slow Horses

I’m looking for additional Scandinavian crime series. Anything new out I’m missing?
there's a few good ones. BJORN TO KILL , BJORN TO BE WILD and NATURAL BJORN KILLERS .
Spoiler ALERT : this pyscho swede , this dangerous dane is able to walk and escape conviction on all charges due to some minor prosecutorial malfeasance . apparently a sloppy clerk left off the J on all the search warrants . so yes he is indeed to this day...BJORN FREE. as free as the wind blows...

tenor.gif

Last edited:
my wife watched season 1 just this week and seems to concur. there is a new dark comedy series on NETFLIX called DECAMERON about life during the plague. sunday NYT gave it mixed reviews. but they did give a thumbs up to DARK HORSES (appletv) and @CHEF REACTIONS (online)
I’ve been watching Decameron. “Mixed reviews” is pretty accurate. It’s fun at times, and then it sorta ran out of steam. It’s from the woman who did Teenage Bounty Hunters, which I really liked. This is very, very different.

I have mixed feelings about Slow Horses, too, though. I like the atmosphere and a few characters, but it just doesn’t really seem as ‘eventful’ as it feels like it should be.

I watched the first episode of the new Batman series on Amazon Prime. It's solid. Looking forward to watching the rest of it.

Batman's such a versatile character. The range that works is nuts.

Prolly because Batman's nuts.

Anyway. Watch it.

Finally desperate enough to watch the Jason Statham The Beekeeper movie. It is all sorts of stupid.

There are many instances that illustrate that actors don’t always have the sensibilities to ‘bee’ producers. Put this one at the top of the list. And yet… I’m still watching it. It’s not boring. It’s just badly written and… dumb.

Finally desperate enough to watch the Jason Statham The Beekeeper movie. It is all sorts of stupid.

There are many instances that illustrate that actors don’t always have the sensibilities to ‘bee’ producers. Put this one at the top of the list. And yet… I’m still watching it. It’s not boring. It’s just badly written and… dumb.
It's absolutely what I like to call a good bad movie.

It's not good. It's entertaining. It's really stupid. But it's watchable.

I watched it on a plane and thoroughly enjoyed wallowing in the stupidity for a couple hours to pass the flight.

The only thing that could have made it better/worse was more bee puns.

I have mixed feelings about Slow Horses, too, though. I like the atmosphere and a few characters, but it just doesn’t really seem as ‘eventful’ as it feels like it should be.
i did finally watch season 1 slow horses and i'd concur with your assessment. it's lacking action and pace. i'll watch S2 and see if those bloody wankers can't chop chop buckle it up a bit.

Anyone watching The Lady in the Lake (AppleTV)?

I’d be interested in your thoughts on the show and also on Natalie Portman and her career, as well.

Anyone watching The Lady in the Lake (AppleTV)?

I’d be interested in your thoughts on the show and also on Natalie Portman and her career, as well.
We've been debating it because it's set in and was filmed in Baltimore which is 20 mins away but reviews haven't been so good so it remains on the to watch list but at the bottom.

THE SERPENT QUEEN
Amazon Prime/Starz
“Queen Catherine summons a servant girl and begins to recount the story of her young life as an orphan before being rescued by her uncle, Pope Clement, who has negotiated her marriage to Prince Henri, second in line to the French throne.”

Quite good. It lacks the dragons and violence of GoT/HoD, but it is similar in other ways. Some really good actors.

I only discovered it a few days ago, despite an acquaintance being in it…. Gotta binge the first season as it’s leaving Amazon Prime in about a week.

Last edited:
THE SERPENT QUEEN
Amazon Prime/Starz
“Queen Catherine summons a servant girls and begins to recount the story of her young life as an orphan before being rescued by her uncle, Pope Clement, who has negotiated her marriage to Prince Henri, second in line to the French throne.”

Quite good. It lacks the dragons and violence of GoT/HoD, but it is similar in other ways. Some really good actors.

I only discovered it a few days ago, despite an acquaintance being in it…. Gotta binge the first season as it’s leaving Amazon Prime in about a week.
Samantha Morton is great!

Anyone ever see the show 'Powerless' that aired for about a season back in 2017? Thinking of finding it and watching it.

The premise sounds pretty funny and I don't even like comic stuff all that much.

I guess initially it was about just normal people living/working in the DC universe. They were people at an insurance company, denying claims that stemmed from damage caused by the Penguin or whatever and just doing normal office comedy otherwise, I'd guess? I think it got changed a bit after a rewrite (that seems to have weakened the plot), but just curious as the premise seems kinda hysterical.

Anyone ever see the show 'Powerless' that aired for about a season back in 2017? Thinking of finding it and watching it.

The premise sounds pretty funny and I don't even like comic stuff all that much.

I guess initially it was about just normal people living/working in the DC universe. They were people at an insurance company, denying claims that stemmed from damage caused by the Penguin or whatever and just doing normal office comedy otherwise, I'd guess? I think it got changed a bit after a rewrite (that seems to have weakened the plot), but just curious as the premise seems kinda hysterical.
If you find it, let me know. I was thinking about writing something sorta similar. Different enough, and from the opposite angle, but I should still find out if there’s overlap.

Just finished the third and last season of Star Trek: Picard.
I enjoyed it and was happy to see Terry Matalas directed a few episodes including the final two.
A nice swan song for the TNG crew.

I finished the first season of Hit Monkey on Hulu last night. Absolutely loved it.

Disclaimer that it's not for everybody, and I tried it on a whim. It's animated, extremely violent, and occupies a small corner of the Marvel Universe. It's about a monkey that becomes a "killer of killers" assasin. But the story is a wildly original take on the hero's journey, and is just gripping through the whole series. Jason Sudeikis does amazing voice work throughout every episode. Nobody plays a funny a hole better and he serves as a running narrator since the monkey's communication abilities are limited. Btw, Jason Sudeikis plays a ghost companion to the monkey. I know, it sounds crazy, but it makes sense in the show and really works.

Anyway, the show is nuts in the right ways and is extremely entertaining, with some great mysteries and twists. The writing is top notch. They stuck the landing on the first season's finale too, which unfortunately is rare.

Anyone got some shoes for me? Lol. I actually need to watch the sopranos