I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 100 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

Watched the documentary Enormous: The Gorge Story over the weekend. Pretty interesting, and looks like a fun place to see a show. Curious if any of our PNW posters have seen shows there. SeattleCuse cuseattle cuseinseattle
A little more VT... I was busy this morning.
Just a beautiful venue. No bad spots and tiered seating in nature. The sun sets behind the artists.
I haven't been for 20 years or so. It's about a 2 and a half hour drive, so unless you're going to camp there's some real travel time. I never went to Lollapalooza out there in my 20s, but I wish I did. Check out the lineup.

I am not loving The Penguin. Nice tone and atmospherics, but if not for the astounding transformation of Farrell, it’s a very drab, by-the-numbers, standard crime family story. The inclusion of the kid seems forced and sometimes bothersome, even though I don’t dislike him. He just seems incongruous. I’ve always like Cristin Miliotti and even wrote something with her in mind, but I don’t think she’s ‘big’ enough for this. I don’t think she’s a lead. Carmen Ejogo is wasted. Maybe there’s more in store for her later?

I’m not super into the whole Batman lore and whatnot, though I’ve seen all the films, and I haven’t even looked into this, but… isn’t this storyline immediately subsequent to the film The Batman? And there are no references to Batman and the crime families are moving massive quantities of drugs in Gotham and Batman isn’t a concern?

I keep hoping the show is ‘ramping up,’ but… it’s all just more of the same and predictable. Acting is all pretty good. Looks good. But, it is not captivating.

Tell me how I’m wrong and what I’m missing.

Tulsa King...Anyone else enjoying Season 2?
There are a lot of different sub stories going on (Bevilaqua, Chickie, Thresher, the Dana Delaney character, the Asians, his sister, his daughter, the smoke shop, the wind farm, the bar owner, the Max Casella character, Tyson and how the last episode ended). So you never know which way the show is going to go. It's a lot, and I almost feel they need to get some law enforcement characters back involved, especially if people are going to be blowing up cars, so we will see which direction the show goes. And to see if they close up some of the stories.

What We Do in the Shadows is back and just as good (based on S6E1).

Been watching Dark Winds on Netflix and enjoyed the first season. Nice drama with supernatural elements to it.

I am not loving The Penguin. Nice tone and atmospherics, but if not for the astounding transformation of Farrell, it’s a very drab, by-the-numbers, standard crime family story. The inclusion of the kid seems forced and sometimes bothersome, even though I don’t dislike him. He just seems incongruous. I’ve always like Cristin Miliotti and even wrote something with her in mind, but I don’t think she’s ‘big’ enough for this. I don’t think she’s a lead. Carmen Ejogo is wasted. Maybe there’s more in store for her later?

I’m not super into the whole Batman lore and whatnot, though I’ve seen all the films, and I haven’t even looked into this, but… isn’t this storyline immediately subsequent to the film The Batman? And there are no references to Batman and the crime families are moving massive quantities of drugs in Gotham and Batman isn’t a concern?

I keep hoping the show is ‘ramping up,’ but… it’s all just more of the same and predictable. Acting is all pretty good. Looks good. But, it is not captivating.

Tell me how I’m wrong and what I’m missing.
It started out strong and has become a little stagnant. If it continues on the current trajectory, then it will be a dud.