I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 99 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

Slow Horses is back.

The Old Man is back next week or so.

Just watched Kinds of Kindness. Anyone else? Comments? I’d be very interested to hear what you thought. Yorgos (Director) is kinda like a modern David Lynch.

Slow Horses is back.

Just watched Kinds of Kindness. Anyone else? Comments? I’d be very interested to hear what you thought. Yorgos (Director) is kinda like a modern David Lynch.
Both of those shows are on my list to watch the new seasons. Also love anything Yorgos so been waiting for that to hit streaming for a few months.

The one thing I don't recall if people talk about in here is Industry. So damn good as maybe now reaching flagship status on HBO. May not be for everyone in here as there's A LOT of nudity and drug use in the 1st couple seasons. Still some now but not quite as crazy as the start.

My son and I ripped through the new Batman Caped Crusader show on Amazon Prime. I really like the take. They portray Batman as the right level of weirdo. The twists on the villains are good and interesting. I'm glad season 2 was already committed.

If you don't know, a lot of the creative people behind the classic Batman The Animated Series are involved in this, but it's not a continuation of that. It's a different take, has some horror elements to be honest. Takes place in the very early days of Batman, technology is limited and he's a bit rough around the edges.

Both of those shows are on my list to watch the new seasons. Also love anything Yorgos so been waiting for that to hit streaming for a few months.

The one thing I don't recall if people talk about in here is Industry. So damn good as maybe now reaching flagship status on HBO. May not be for everyone in here as there's A LOT of nudity and drug use in the 1st couple seasons. Still some now but not quite as crazy as the start.
Kinds of Kindness is on Hulu now. It's weird. In a way that i didn't really care for. I do like that Yorgos is a 'fresh voice,' even though i said this film is Lynchian. To be honest, i knew very little of what was to come, except for the fact that it was a triptych set of shorts with all common characters, and i was attracted to it simply from this in the early trailer:

giphy.webp

Industry—i watched the first season, and maybe some of two? But, i stopped because i really didn't like any of the characters, and the storyline was not something i needed to get involved with. There may have been something in there that i found objectionable for some reason, but i now have no recollection of what that may have been... I saw that Kit Harrington is in the cast now, so maybe i'll revisit it in the hopes of some cast/character turnover to liven things up for me. Good to know the sex and drugs are diminished.

Finally finished season two of The Serpent Queen. Really, really good. Watch it.

The Perfect Couple. Really disliked the first ten minutes of the first episode. Turned it off with extreme prejudice. But I came back to it a few days later and powered through the whole thing during the week. Didn’t like it, but half of that was the icky plastic sheen over the whole thing and the other half was Nicole Kidman’s ‘face.’ But, it’s… okay. Not something I’d recommend to anyone, but if you’re really bored….

Okay—The Penguin, episode 1. Discuss….

Last edited:
Slow Horses is back.

Slow Horses is fantastic. Great show. Gary Oldman is wonderful in it.

I'm enjoying Tulsa King on Paramount+

Only Season 2, episode 2...Stallone looks good still for 78. I'd imagine it could run for 3 or 4 seasons or spin off after Season 2.

If you have a 247 subscription Paramount is included

Finally desperate enough to watch the Jason Statham The Beekeeper movie. It is all sorts of stupid.
It's like Statham is doing the movie version of Dirty Jobs.

He's a beekeeper, with a particular set of skills.
He's a salvage diver, with a particular set of skills.
He's a Uber diver, with a particular set of skills.

Or do all elite killers have blue collar side hustles?

Finally finished season two of The Serpent Queen. Really, really good. Watch it.

The Perfect Couple. Really disliked the first ten minutes of the first episode. Turned it off with extreme prejudice. But I came back to it a few days later and powered through the whole thing during the week. Didn’t like it, but half of that was the icky plastic sheen over the whole thing and the other half was Nicole Kidman’s ‘face.’ But, it’s… okay. Not something I’d recommend to anyone, but if you’re really bored….

Okay—The Penguin, episode 1. Discuss….
The first episode of the penguin was great. I'm not sure where the plot is heading, but it is setting up nicely.

It's like Statham is doing the movie version of Dirty Jobs.

He's a beekeeper, with a particular set of skills.
He's a salvage diver, with a particular set of skills.
He's a Uber diver, with a particular set of skills.

Or do all elite killers have blue collar side hustles?
Yup Beekeeper was totally forgettable. Ok to watch for mindless, kickass drivel. Just realize it is just Formula Statham

Gotham had great characters overall.

Except for Fish. But you needed Fish to get Penguin.
I liked Cory Michael Smith as the Riddler too. Two fun quirky actors. Also liked the actors portraying Bruce, Salina Kyle, and James Gordon. I don't recall their being in anything else I've watched.
Sidenote, ever since Morena Baccarin Played "crazy eyes," that's who she is to me.

I watched Penguin today, enjoyed it. Are there other Gotham seasons? Never watched. But I really enjoyed that first episode.

I liked Cory Michael Smith as the Riddler too. Two fun quirky actors. Also liked the actors portraying Bruce, Salina Kyle, and James Gordon. I don't recall their being in anything else I've watched.
Sidenote, ever since Morena Baccarin Played "crazy eyes," that's who she is to me.
Young Selina was quite good. Young Bruce was the same actor who played Robert California’s son on The Office for an episode or two.

Morena Baccarin is kind of an odd person. I had a friend who used to do extra work as a cop at the station. She said Morena used to come on set and not make eye contact with anyone. I think she dated Ben McKenzie (Gordon) then, during filming and is married to him now. I’ll always think of her as the wife on Homeland’s first seasons. Is she in the last Deadpool?

You don't remember James Gordon from The OC?!?!?!?

But yeah the Riddler guy was great, so was Salina.

Morena Baccarin is an objectively attractive person.

Young Selina was quite good. Young Bruce was the same actor who played Robert California’s son on The Office for an episode or two.

Morena Baccarin is kind of an odd person. I had a friend who used to do extra work as a cop at the station. She said Morena used to come on set and not make eye contact with anyone. I think she dated Ben McKenzie (Gordon) then, during filming and is married to him now. I’ll always think of her as the wife on Homeland’s first seasons. Is she in the last Deadpool?
Haven't seen the new Deadpool, but she is in the cast. I first remember her from V and Serenity.

I don't know if anyone suggested "Dopesick" yet but it is phenomenal. Shows the roots of how the 'modern' opiate epidemic took off from all angles. Inspired by true story.
From the vulnerable future addicts aka workers in the mines or loggers in rural areas to the doctors there as well.
Shows the pressures of the wealthy Pharma heirs to continue to produce and how they manipulated motivated up and coming sales reps.
Honest looks from all sides, also includîng the DEA and lawyers.
Stars Michael Keaton, Will Poulter, Peter Saarsgaard, Michael Stuhlbarg and Rosario Dawson. And a few others recognizable i cant think of.
Watch the trailer...if it even piques your interest you will love it.

Deeep, real life stuff, honest, interesting, heartbreaking

Last edited:
I'm all caught up on For All Mankind, which I picked up when I grabbed an Apple trial to watch a baseball game awhile back. Fun series but like any it has its peaks and valleys. Highly recommended if you're into alternate histories, the Cold War or space exploration.