I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

Better Call Saul season 5 and Atlanta season 3 both pushed back to 2020. Ugh. The only two current shows that I’m caught up on and really care about and am anticipating the next season, and it’s a long wait for both. Cast availability issues with both, it seems.

On the positive side, at least the delays should help ensure that things will continue to be done right.

watched HIGHWAYMEN on netflix. kevin costner and woody harrelson hunting down bonnie and clyde.
not a lot of chemistry betwixt there but the back story is good. costner playing an eliot ness type again and woody being woody. two old texas rangers tasked with bringing down the notorious and mass popular headline killers. this story is seen thru the eyes of the hunters unlike the beatty /dunaway flick which focused on the criminal duo and their love story . in fact you barely even see the fugitives bonnie and clyde (kinda like the best monster flicks like jaws, alien or the thing) . only brief glimpses of their violence . the film is shot beautifully retro style showing us depression americana and the pockets of poverty but to me fails to deliver the goods. ending is somewhat anti climatic. SIDE NOTE. i remember as a child going to a car show where they had on display several classic vehicles including the original BATMOBILE and the car bonnie and clyde were gunned down in.

Last edited:
Maybe I’ve missed it in this thread... but anyone catch Peaky Blinders?

Looks like it might be right up my alley, but I haven’t caught it yet.

Maybe I’ve missed it in this thread... but anyone catch Peaky Blinders?

Looks like it might be right up my alley, but I haven’t caught it yet.

Really enjoy that show. Waiting for the next season. Been watching Bosch whitch I have really enjoyed as well

I really like Bosch.. they have done a great job of weaving the books stories into a show and the chars are playing pretty close to the book versions as well.

wondering if the Reacher Tv show ever gets done and is done nearly as well

Reactions: FAL
Just finished the first (only, so far) season of Jack Ryan. Very disappointed! I really liked the first five episodes. Interesting story and villain. For the most part, good writing and dialog (maybe a few throw-away lines of dialog). Starting in episode six, Jack turned into a completely different person. Went from unwitting hero to being a jerk. Also, the amount of nonsensical dialog increased. There was some unprofessionalism on his part and other military people that you didn't see in anything Clancy ever put out (or that I've seen done on his behalf).

The story continued to be interesting and the finale (ep. 8) was actually pretty good. Through the middle of the season, I was gung ho for next season but now I'm not so sure.

I just watched both seasons of Atlanta for the 3rd time. Easy to do when it’s 10-11 episode seasons with most of the episodes under 30 minutes.

Considering running through Breaking Bad AGAIN. Not even sure how many times I’ve already done it. 3 or 4?

I’ve got like a small circle of shows that I absolutely love and get way too into, but it’s hard to crack that circle. There’s nothing new that’s really intriguing me, and the numerous shows that I’ve watched a few seasons of I don’t really care to continue with at the moment.

I just watched both seasons of Atlanta for the 3rd time. Easy to do when it’s 10-11 episode seasons with most of the episodes under 30 minutes.

Considering running through Breaking Bad AGAIN. Not even sure how many times I’ve already done it. 3 or 4?

I’ve got like a small circle of shows that I absolutely love and get way too into, but it’s hard to crack that circle. There’s nothing new that’s really intriguing me, and the numerous shows that I’ve watched a few seasons of I don’t really care to continue with at the moment.
Please try an episode or two of People Just Do Nothing (Netflix). I'd be interested to hear what you think. It's a goofy (The Office-style) show about cheesy pirate radio djs/rappers in England.

Other good things:
Green Wing
Extras

I'm going to have to wait another 6-12 months to watch Breaking Bad or The Wire again... The only time i'm 'grateful' for having such a bad memory is when it comes to rewatching shows and films...

Anyone keeping up on Cobra Kai, second season came out. Honestly, I am surprised how interested I still am in this show, really good writing

That last episode of BARRY (s02e05) was sick.

I know its not for everyone but Bonding on netflix actually had some pretty funny stuff in it. very short 7 episodes less than 20 min each..

netflix has cancelled both "one day at a time" and "santa clarita diet" after 3 seasons despite both performing fairly well. i've read that netflix is doing this to many of their shows to keep residual payments low.

Started black summer couple days ago. Giving it a run through. Odd apocalypse show with zombies.

Anyone watch umbrella academy?
Umbrella Academy is on my list. The wife told me to wait to watch it, so it might be a while before I get to it.

Started black summer couple days ago. Giving it a run through. Odd apocalypse show with zombies.

Anyone watch umbrella academy?
Umbrella academy was fun and I am looking forward to more seasons.

it was weird and completely out of character with the series so far
Yeah. Did you see the conversation with Alec Berg and Bill Hader afterward? Hader talked about how people would either love that episode or think, WT F? I thought both.

It definitely was different. No whiny girlfriend, no Fonzi. Very self-contained. I thought it was kinda Tarantino-esque. Or something.

Yeah. Did you see the conversation with Alec Berg and Bill Hader afterward? Hader talked about how people would either love that episode or think, WT F? I thought both.

It definitely was different. No whiny girlfriend, no Fonzi. Very self-contained. I thought it was kinda Tarantino-esque. Or something.
it has always been a show based on a version of the "real" world. injecting a supernatural element into it changes that & now i can't trust whether anything we see is actually real. it wasn't fonzi on skis but it may prove to be a shark jumping episode

RIP VEEP. The most hilarious, and, sadly, honest look at American politics in quite some time.

RIP VEEP. The most hilarious, and, sadly, honest look at American politics in quite some time.
Veep has been really good for a long while, but I’m now happy to see it end. Last night’s episode was the first time I’ve ever seen JL-D as “unlikeable.” And I have a crush on her. I just want it to end so that she can (hopefully) begin another great series.

Loved season 1 of Sneaky Pete and tolerated season 2, but can't recommend the show anymore. The level of ridiculousness in season 3 is off the charts.

Veep has been really good for a long while, but I’m now happy to see it end. Last night’s episode was the first time I’ve ever seen JL-D as “unlikeable.” And I have a crush on her. I just want it to end so that she can (hopefully) begin another great series.

I’m glad we don’t have to hear about the so-called Seinfeld “curse” anymore. In reality, it’s gotta be really difficult to get out of the shadow of such a well known character from such a massive show. She pulled it off.

I’m glad we don’t have to hear about the so-called Seinfeld “curse” anymore. In reality, it’s gotta be really difficult to get out of the shadow of such a well known character from such a massive show. She pulled it off.
She really is amazing. She did it with Veep, but also with The New Adventures of Old Christine. She's like Mary Tyler Moore to me. MTM did Dick Van Dyke and then her own show, and in each, she looked exactly the same, but just was such a different person even without 'acting' like a new character. She was just organically 'other.' Same with Julia. I still binge Seinfeld, and recently found Christine online and i'm into Veep, and i just see such different people, but all effortlessly, without anything to hide behind. I love how she has very small, subtle character habits in each, and they don't follow her from character to character. And then i watch Pacino and constantly notice little things that he always does, no matter what kind of character he's playing. She gets some credit, but maybe not enough, possibly because her characters aren't 'large' and loud?

[Kinda funny when Jason Alexander played her gynecologist in one episode of Christine.]