I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

bozophobe

Starter
Many are disappointed or outraged by Season 5 of Black Mirror, but its 3 episodes were entertaining and still got some messages across. The Ashley episode with Miley Cyrus as both a captive pop star and an Alexa-like doll was a hoot. It was campy like a Disney movie, but eviscerated all that stuff, and the pop music industry. Good fun.

Smithereens sent the usual message about social media, but it trolled the shows most obsessive purists with that ending, and they didn't get it.

The first one asked the age old questions - do video games make you gay?

upperdeck

Living Legend
anyone watching Good Omens on Amazon? watched the first 3, interesting take on the Arnageddon thing and really solid cast.

chugg21

Gritty, High IQ, Scrappy, Gym Rat, Lunch Pail Guy
City on a Hill is pretty good so far.
Heard the same thing from 2 friends. Not a Kevin Bacon fan at all so I'm reluctant but will probably start it up soon because there is nothing else I'm currently watching outside of Big Little Lies.

Zelda Zonk

Hollywood Liberal Elite Globalist
Heard the same thing from 2 friends. Not a Kevin Bacon fan at all so I'm reluctant but will probably start it up soon because there is nothing else I'm currently watching outside of Big Little Lies.
He’s quite good in it.

SUbear

Starter
I don't have Prime, they screwed me on The West Wing when I was right in the middle of the 4th season which is how I ended up with Netflix. Fargo however my brother tells me he watches and is good, with Ted Danson. another good one on the list
You might want to try "Banished" a BBC series about the penal colony in New South Wales circa 1788. I watched it thru Amazon Prime but it might be available through Netflix.

justgold315

Starter
Just finished Umbrella Academy. It's weird in good ways. I was entertained.
I am about 3 episodes in. I thought I figured it out after the first 1-2 episodes, and I hope it does not become that predictable. I had high hopes for this show based upon people that I know that have watched it.

OttoinGrotto

Professor Irwin Corey
I am about 3 episodes in. I thought I figured it out after the first 1-2 episodes, and I hope it does not become that predictable. I had high hopes for this show based upon people that I know that have watched it.
I'd be impressed if you predict it.

tbonezone

Living Legend
anybody watching FLEABAG ? NPR recommends it. put it in my watchlist.
have yet to view an episode so no spoilers.

bozophobe

Starter
anybody watching FLEABAG ? NPR recommends it. put it in my watchlist.
have yet to view an episode so no spoilers.
Saw the first season last year. Only 6 episodes long (many British tv shows only have 6 episodes per season). It was pretty good, but often unconvincing; especially the first episode. You'll see why in the first scene. Better after that.

Other good 6-episode U.K. shows include Car Share, and many goofy comedies. I will try to get back with specific names. I've never been to England, but we love U.K. shows. Derry Girls (Ireland) is entertaining

justgold315

Starter
I'd be impressed if you predict it.
I figured a lot of it out. Obviously, there were some twists and turns, but I figured out who was responsible for the apocalypse halfway through the second episode. It was definitely entertaining but did not live up to the hype

justgold315

Starter
Jessica Jones season 3.
I'm going to finish it no matter how sad and dark. Halfway done.
We just finished the third episode. I already like it better than the second season. It is a little slow so far.

KellySyracuse

All American
My recent interests:
PEN15 — so much fun
Luther, season 5 — some silly bits, but i love 'Alice Morgan'
re-binging VEEP
re-binging "24" — many silly bits
True Detective, season 3 — crushing on Carmen Ejogo
Russian Dolls — some good bits
Maniac — i love Sonoya Mizuno

I really enjoyed BARRY and Get Shorty.

Mrs. Maisel, season 1 was entertaining, but i heard season 2 was a disappointment.

Is Black Monday worthwhile?
I just finished Pen15, this is a good series and I'm glad they renewed it. I'm not sure all the guys that post here would find it entertaining as the leads are 2 women playing their 12 year old selves in middle school in the year 2000. It's pretty realistic though and damn funny, especially the AOL episode.

Zelda Zonk

Hollywood Liberal Elite Globalist
I just finished Pen15, this is a good series and I'm glad they renewed it. I'm not sure all the guys that post here would find it entertaining as the leads are 2 women playing their 12 year old selves in middle school in the year 2000. It's pretty realistic though and damn funny, especially the AOL episode.
I totally didn't know, until i googled them after watching half of the second episode, that they were in their 30s. They really did a fantastic job of 'juvenilizing' themselves.

I don't know why, but i loved the intro to episode 2 where they're roleplaying with the Sylvanian dolls. The milkshake thing—i can't explain it, but it killed me. And Maya... she's kind of a psychopath. That's awesome.

KellySyracuse

All American
I totally didn't know, until i googled them after watching half of the second episode, that they were in their 30s. They really did a fantastic job of 'juvenilizing' themselves.

I don't know why, but i loved the intro to episode 2 where they're roleplaying with the Sylvanian dolls. The milkshake thing—i can't explain it, but it killed me. And Maya... she's kind of a psychopath. That's awesome.
The thong episode did that to me, I was dying. I'm sitting here laughing about it right now

Top Bottom