I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

PoppyHart

All American
Loved season 1 of Sneaky Pete and tolerated season 2, but can't recommend the show anymore. The level of ridiculousness in season 3 is off the charts.

OrangeDW

Living Legend
Veep has been really good for a long while, but I’m now happy to see it end. Last night’s episode was the first time I’ve ever seen JL-D as “unlikeable.” And I have a crush on her. I just want it to end so that she can (hopefully) begin another great series.
I’m glad we don’t have to hear about the so-called Seinfeld “curse” anymore. In reality, it’s gotta be really difficult to get out of the shadow of such a well known character from such a massive show. She pulled it off.

Zelda Zonk

Hollywood Liberal Elite Globalist
I’m glad we don’t have to hear about the so-called Seinfeld “curse” anymore. In reality, it’s gotta be really difficult to get out of the shadow of such a well known character from such a massive show. She pulled it off.
She really is amazing. She did it with Veep, but also with The New Adventures of Old Christine. She's like Mary Tyler Moore to me. MTM did Dick Van Dyke and then her own show, and in each, she looked exactly the same, but just was such a different person even without 'acting' like a new character. She was just organically 'other.' Same with Julia. I still binge Seinfeld, and recently found Christine online and i'm into Veep, and i just see such different people, but all effortlessly, without anything to hide behind. I love how she has very small, subtle character habits in each, and they don't follow her from character to character. And then i watch Pacino and constantly notice little things that he always does, no matter what kind of character he's playing. She gets some credit, but maybe not enough, possibly because her characters aren't 'large' and loud?

[Kinda funny when Jason Alexander played her gynecologist in one episode of Christine.]

4evaOrange

Anna Kendricks boyfriend.
Finished umbrella academy and very very strange.

And now I’m going back to my roots when I used to watch ncis like it was my job and I’m gonna start back up in season 12 and go from there, pretty sure I’ve seen up to 2015 maybe even 2016 but I watched the episode SWAK on my phone today at the gym and really missed it so I’m diving back in. I now the show has changed a lot but I’m ready.

4evaOrange

Anna Kendricks boyfriend.
NCIS is like comfort food. some fascinating back story episodes the last few years
Crazy watching NCIS again, I used to watch it back when I was at OCC laying on my bed procrastinating from work and it’s crazy how much I’ve missed it.
Loving catching up.

OttoMets

Living Legend
Dead to Me started off alright, but then took on a very Lifetime movie vibe (no offense intended, ladies!).
It was strange. I liked it alright, really enjoyed the female leads. But it didn't quite come together for me.

PoppyHart

All American
Luther Season 5 starts on Sunday on BBCA. 4 part season. Set your DVRs or wait another 6-12 months for it to appear on Netflix.

bozophobe

Starter
It was strange. I liked it alright, really enjoyed the female leads. But it didn't quite come together for me.
Why is it that in Los Angeles (on TV shows), even people who struggle financially seem to do so in considerable luxury?

Last edited:

Zelda Zonk

Hollywood Liberal Elite Globalist
Why is it that in Los Angeles (on TV shows), even people who struggle financially seem to do so in considerable luxury?
Would you follow an instagrammer who lived in a car and couldn't afford to do anything interesting?

KellySyracuse

All American
I'll always remember her as the Freaks and Geeks girl.
oh crap, that's right! I never made the connection watching her on Bloodline and I actually watched Freaks and Greeks the year it aired. I was also a letter writer trying to save the show too. Mind blown!

cuseattle

All American
oh crap, that's right! I never made the connection watching her on Bloodline and I actually watched Freaks and Greeks the year it aired. I was also a letter writer trying to save the show too. Mind blown!
Ha. I will watch on your recommendation. I like Christina Applegate(?) from her post Married Wiith Children stuff.

KellySyracuse

All American
Dead to Me started off alright, but then took on a very Lifetime movie vibe (no offense intended, ladies!).
it's a show with female leads and how their lives can go awry due to the dudes they hook up with. I don't watch lifetime so I can't comment on any perceived connection. I thought the plot was well written and directed.

OttoinGrotto

Professor Irwin Corey
I think I mentioned this here before, but Cloak and Dagger on Freeform is awesome. It's a Marvel show, but completely different from all the other ones and pretty much occupies its own little corner of things. Cast is great, the story is really well crafted, the cinematography is way better than you'd expect for a show on Freeform. The Mrs. and I just finished the 2nd season and it's probably our favorite thing going right now. Super cool show that really sucks you in.

justgold315

Starter
I am few episodes into season 3 of Sneaky Pete, and it is better than the 2nd season. The first was really good, and the second was still better than most shows on TV.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Top Bottom