I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

Did you go into it thinking she's a "narcissist," or do they portray her that way?

No, they're friendly to her. But she comes across that way. It's hard to explain any of her actions otherwise. I will say I love Barbara Mikulski in it.

Little fires everywhere on hulu is decent. I am catching up on the most recent season of Better call Saul, and it is great. Mike is one of the best characters of all time. I want to start on season 3 of Ozark, but there is not enough time in the day.

FYI starting Friday HBO is making a lot of their content available for free.

FYI starting Friday HBO is making a lot of their content available for free.

True for many of the pay channels now. I'm finally going to get caught up on Homeland!

We've watched Babylon Berlin on Amazon. Arty, progressive and decadent Weimar urban culture in Berlin (1929) just before things went historical. Many complain about dubs - I kinda like the odd, American noirish, detective accent; subtitles are no more accurate. As good as Peaky Blinders. Lack of English in German accents kinda fresh.

We've watched Babylon Berlin on Amazon. Arty, progressive and decadent Weimar urban culture in Berlin (1929) just before things went historical. Many complain about dubs - I kinda like the odd, American noirish, detective accent; subtitles are no more accurate. As good as Peaky Blinders. Lack of English in German accents kinda fresh.

Interesting, thanks, I'd like to check that out.

Because on a related note, as the virus is driving us increasingly batty, we've discovered that our 2.5-year-old son loves the music from Cabaret. It's been awhile since I've watched the film, but I think the full movie is probably inappropriate (I remember a decapitated dog), but Youtube's been solid for all the Liza/Joel Grey dance numbers. The kid goes nuts for it, it's terrific.

So this show sounds perfect for continuing to explore that era.

I'm driving into Tales From the Loop tonight, something new on Amazon Prime, because WHY NOT?

Season 3 of Ozark is excellent...arguably the best season yet. Highly recommend it.

It's such a great show. I binge watched the last 6 episodes of season 3 the other day. Couldn't stop.

Ben was a great addition this season, and Ruth just makes that show tick.

It's such a great show. I binge watched the last 6 episodes of season 3 the other day. Couldn't stop.

Ben was a great addition this season, and Ruth just makes that show tick.

Absolutely. Ruth has to be one of the best characters going at the moment.

I am watching Dispatches from Elsewhere not even sure I really like it but feel like I committed to it so have to see it thru..

Has anybody watched Killing Eve? The promos for the new season are definitely attention grabbing. I'm curious about the show.

Has anybody watched Killing Eve? The promos for the new season are definitely attention grabbing. I'm curious about the show.
love it. one of the best shows on television

and i have an entirely unseemly crush on villanelle

iu

love it. one of the best shows on television

and i have an entirely unseemly crush on villanelle

iu
By the way, we've been digging Lego Masters. Finally caught up.

Lego masters was a dangerous watch in our house. Inspiration can be expensive when you are stuck in the house. Luckily the weather is turning and taking care of our humble 2 acres on the mountain will keep me busy. Not soon enough before some Lego orders went out.

On a separate note if not mentioned check out TURN- Washington's Spies. I'm a history buff but it's very well done based on the Alexander Rose novel. Read the book first if you can but if not it's still an awesome series. It's been around since 2017 but I never realized it till quarantine had me searching. Great book and great series. Very real vs glorifying it as good vs bad.

Makes my Top 10 over the past year I've discovered - terms of being entertaining (and getting our minds off of Armageddon for a while). other entries include Ozark, Peaky Blinders (that one's been around for a while), Better Call Saul

Finally catching up with the second season of Barry on HBO (free for the time being). Hilarious.

My wife hated it for some reason (1 show), but I'll try to get her to reconsider. It's cool that Henry Winkler found a way back into the acting game after decades that convincingly.

My wife hated it for some reason (1 show), but I'll try to get her to reconsider. It's cool that Henry Winkler found a way back into the acting game after decades that convincingly.

He's solid in this, I'm happy for him. For someone of my age group, I'm aware that he was the Fonz and I've seen Happy Days, but it's easy to see him in another role. If anything I appreciate him more from Arrested Development. But he does this well.

Season 1 took awhile to gain momentum, my wife was kind of bored for half of it. I really enjoyed 2. And one of the episodes (very different in tone) was the hardest I've laughed in 2020. So it was worth it for that.

Currently binging The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Just about done with season 1. Love it!

Alex Bornstein (voice of Lois Griffin on Family Guy) is fabulous.

Currently binging The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Just about done with season 1. Love it!

I loved the first season, was the best thing I'd seen in years. Didn't care for the second, and bailed on the new season after I fell asleep during episode 2 or 3 and didn't care that I'd missed stuff. But a lot of people seem to disagree with this take. And I can't put my finger on how it's fallen off. I think the performances are mostly excellent (Kevin Pollak is a little over the top in the second season).

This is one I've been meaning to get to.

Watched Unorthodox on Netflix, a 4 episode mini series about a young Orthodox Jewish woman named Esther who leaves her new husband in Brooklyn and escapes to Berlin. It was a really great short series based on a true story, Netflix has the trailer you can watch

I loved the first season, was the best thing I'd seen in years. Didn't care for the second, and bailed on the new season after I fell asleep during episode 2 or 3 and didn't care that I'd missed stuff. But a lot of people seem to disagree with this take. And I can't put my finger on how it's fallen off. I think the performances are mostly excellent (Kevin Pollak is a little over the top in the second season).
the yom kippur episode in season 2 is one of the funniest single sitcom episodes i've ever seen

Last edited: