I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 83 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

I'm done with Shrinking and still have more than a month of free Apple TV. The Morning Show pretty good? Or any other shows you'd suggest I watch? I've already seen all of Ted Lasso.
Tetris

Yeah, trust me, watch it with the English subtitles, by the end of the show you'll think you actually understand Japanese.

Make no mistake, you won't. But you'll think you'll will.
Bummer, I can watch but usually watch shows with my mom and she might struggle more there with subtitles

Bummer, I can watch but usually watch shows with my mom and she might struggle more there with subtitles
You can also watch it with English translated. But I don't think it's a "Mom" type of show. Unless she liked Squid Games.

I'm done with Shrinking and still have more than a month of free Apple TV. The Morning Show pretty good? Or any other shows you'd suggest I watch? I've already seen all of Ted Lasso.
I've been busy with travel and work but "Platonic" with Seth Rogen and Rose Byrne looks enjoyable. I've also heard good things about Severance with Adam Scott.

If you enjoy musicals (and maybe if you don't), the first season of Schmigadoon was fun. Haven't seen the second which came out a month or two ago.

I also only subscribe to Apple TV when there's a deal available.

Also, not Apple TV but I recommended Jury Deal earlier without really explaining it. The premise of the show is the writers create a fake trial with actors playing the judge, plaintiff, defendants, lawyers and all the jurors - except one, who is reacting to all the chaos they put in front of him. There are a few PG-13 scenes but otherwise it's a real crowd pleaser. It's free on Amazon (you don't need Prime).

Last edited:
Watched the first episode of Severance. Just not into it.

Watched the first episode of Severance. Just not into it.
I dont understand all the hype for this show.
So many people think it’s brilliant. I give it a Meh+.
And I don’t completely understand how the severance ‘program’(?) truly alleviates pain.

Regardless of that - it takes a couple episodes to get going so you may want to watch more before dropping it.

Have you seen For All Mankind? It's an alternate universe show about the space race, starting in the Sixties. The space action is epic.

this season of star trek has been really good.
Joe picket season 2 almost over
the new walking dead series has been solid
lots of people liking the Apple+ Hijac series
finished the Recruit on netflix last week.
the new sly family series has some interesting takes.
Warrior came back...
Lincoln lawyer season 2

Last edited:
And I don’t completely understand how the severance ‘program’(?) truly alleviates pain.
I’m not sure about some of the side characters, but for the main character it cuts off a huge chunk of his day after going through major trauma. He’s clearly depressed and besides for weekends, only has to deal with his real life for a few hours each day after work. From his point of view, it might also help his productivity at work to not have his memories intact during the work day.

I’m not sure about some of the side characters, but for the main character it cuts off a huge chunk of his day after going through major trauma. He’s clearly depressed and besides for weekends, only has to deal with his real life for a few hours each day after work. From his point of view, it might also help his productivity at work to not have his memories intact during the work day.
But the trauma returns every day.
He’s not getting any better going through daily temporary amnesia and it seems like he would see that his relief is fleeting.
People jump on strange bandwagons all the time but this one doesn’t make complete sense to me.

Season 2 solidified The Bear as an all-time great show.

I just caught onto The Bear. Finished season 1, almost done with season 2. Love it. I think Richie steals the show, but Fak is my favorite. All the characters are great though. And some really good cameos.

Both S1 E7 and S2 E6 gave me something close to an anxiety attack.

He’s not getting any better going through daily temporary amnesia and it seems like he would see that his relief is fleeting.
People jump on strange bandwagons all the time but this one doesn’t make complete sense to me.
Two episodes in and this show has lost interest for me, completely. I don’t get it, I don’t care that I don’t get it, and I question my friends who say they enjoyed it.

Amazon Prime/Paramount # just added in a bunch of the Showtime series. I'm starting with Heels, which after 1 episode looks like Friday Night Lights but with a pro wrestling company.

Been on an Israeli kick lately. Watched the first episode of When Heroes Fly last night. Long first episode, but compelling enough to get me to download the second one.

Agreed. Going to a therapist probably would have been a better idea but I guess there wouldn’t be a show then.

I just caught onto The Bear. Finished season 1, almost done with season 2. Love it. I think Richie steals the show, but Fak is my favorite. All the characters are great though. And some really good cameos.

Both S1 E7 and S2 E6 gave me something close to an anxiety attack.
If S2 E6 was 10-20 minutes longer, it would clean house at the Oscars. An intense, incredible hour of television.

If S2 E6 was 10-20 minutes longer, it would clean house at the Oscars. An intense, incredible hour of television.

With the best cameos this side of Molly Ringwald.