I'm not usually into "Ifs" | Syracusefan.com

I'm not usually into "Ifs"

T

tee1222

But could you imagine this board if we lost tonight?
Oh, lawwwwwwwwwd!

Pug fug ugly tonight. But we still dancin. We dancin.
giphy.gif

But could you imagine this board if we lost tonight?
Oh, lawwwwwwwwwd!

Pug fug ugly tonight. But we still dancin. We dancin.
giphy.gif
I'd still give you a "like"

2-0 in conference both road wins.

You can be unhappy with the win. But don't be unhappy we did win.

Fools gold. Great that we won, but in the grand scheme, this win will not help us get in the tourney. Its not who you lose to, its who can you beat. we've beaten one good team this year.

2-0 in conference both road wins.

You can be unhappy with the win. But don't be unhappy we did win.
Believe it or not, a W isn't the only thing. Sometimes what happens in those 40 minutes is actually worth fretting over, because you realize "oh hey, we're 2-0 against two crappy teams, we're in serious trouble when we play anyone halfway decent."

Fools gold. Great that we won, but in the grand scheme, this win will not help us get in the tourney. Its not who you lose to, its who can you beat. we've beaten one good team this year.
You're right. But we will have plenty of chances to beat some decent times in that ugly stretch towards the end. If we keep winning these early ACC games, playing into that tough stretch and squeaking out a few might turn out ok. Just want to get in the tourney.

Believe it or not, a W isn't the only thing. Sometimes what happens in those 40 minutes is actually worth fretting over, because you realize "oh hey, we're 2-0 against two crappy teams, we're in serious trouble when we play anyone halfway decent."

My feeling. Just beat the teams were better than like the Georgia Tech's, Virginia Tech's of the ACC. And beat most of the teams were on level with this year. Maybe win a game in the Conference tournament to be safe. And we'll be good and in. I am telling you we will pull off and upset again one of the big boys this year in the ACC. I am saying Virginia at home.

My feeling. Just beat the teams were better than like the Georgia Tech's, Virginia Tech's of the ACC. And beat most of the teams were on level with this year. Maybe win a game in the Conference tournament to be safe. And we'll be good and in. I am telling you we will pull off and upset again one of the big boys this year in the ACC. I am saying Virginia at home.
I will be stunned if we beat Virginia. Absolutely stunned. You really think this team, with its woefully inept offense, is going to beat one of the best defensive teams in the country? We make it hard enough on ourselves to score, and then you factor in a great defensive team...yikes.

I will be stunned if we beat Virginia. Absolutely stunned. You really think this team, with its woefully inept offense, is going to beat one of the best defensive teams in the country? We make it hard enough on ourselves to score, and then you factor in a great defensive team...yikes.

I just like the timing of the game though in the season.

I think we can beat any team in the country. I also think we can lose to any team in the country. Nearly all the time do we seem to play down to poor team, up to great team. This is a team with talent just the same as the big boys with the exception of 'Turkey, but I don't count them to begin with. Let me throw out my cajillionth cliche with the "we can only beat ourselves" bit. It's true. We're so much better than tonight and I'm not quite sure we've played two halves of basketball in one game yet. Work in progress. Can make the tournament. Can make noise. But we're not even close to there yet. I will take 2-0 giggling like a baby with the way we've executed thus far.

BludOrange said:
We play to the level of the other team.

You think Cal is that much better than us?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom