I'm really hoping to avoid the 8/9 match up as... | Syracusefan.com

I'm really hoping to avoid the 8/9 match up as...

orangecuse

Hall of Fame
The only time in our history I recall was back in '99 as an 8 seed, and we lost to 9 seed Okie State. Also, please don't place us in Salt Lake as an 8 or 9 as that game typically gets played at like 10 a.m. local time, not to mention it's the first day (real day) of the tourney as well. I remember when we lost in '99 to OSU, it was also the very first day (Thursday) and the very first game, a 12:15 tip, before they added those Tuesday/Wednesday play in games. I remember how bummed out I was afterwards, as we were bounced and out of the tourney before even being able to enjoy any of the games.

Yeah, that was tough. I felt the rug got pulled out from under me before the fun even started. Give me a Friday afternoon or night game please! (Plus I work noon to four Saturday, hoping to avoid one of those first 2 games that day, otherwise I'll have to dip into my fastly deteriorating PTO)

Agree, I hate early Thursday games. For me, I really don't watch much of the tournament whenever we get knocked out. Maybe a game or two and that's about it.

Agree, I hate early Thursday games. For me, I really don't watch much of the tournament whenever we get knocked out. Maybe a game or two and that's about it.
On the flip side, I like early Thursday if we win because then I have two full stress free days of rooting for every upset.

In 2010, we were a #1 seed when we played Butler in the first Thursday game in the Salt Lake City Regionals. Two hours after I arrived in SLC, we lost to Butler, and we were out of the tourney.

I had a non-refund, non-exchange return ticket for Sunday (having assumed we'd be playing Saturday night).

I was one very unhappy Salt Lake City tourist for the next two days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom