Im sick of this Syracuse is going to lose at Duke talk | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Im sick of this Syracuse is going to lose at Duke talk

I'm expecting one of their students at courtside to do something stupid like actually grab one of our players. Not sure why but the way crowds keep pushing I expect it it to boil over.

It took 15 three pointers to stay in the game with us. I am sick and tired of hearing media say that we have no chance in this game and that this game will be our first loss.

Screw that tiny ass excuse for a gym. Bring on the crazies. This is our conference and we will show the nation we are the team to beat. I cant wait to hear any excuse that comes out as to why we won the game.

All in

On and ...always

Duck Fuke. 27-0 after that game.

I like the way we match up against Duke. I'd rather play a team that will actually play basketball instead of holding the ball and grinding it out. Our guys can score when we are allowed to get in the open floor and make plays. Duke is nothing to write home about defensively, and we exploited several match up problems against them the 1st game. However i'd be shocked if K played us the same way. Last game he took away both Ennis and Cooney, but that left CJ and Grant with no help defense and they each had a field day. Sure we shot a high %, but it isn't a fluke when we were taking all shots in the paint, and they were relying upon 16 three pointers. If K tries to adjust to help on CJ and Grant, then Ennis and Cooney are going to have to capitalize. Whatever way you spell it we are a tough matchup for Duke.

Moving that UNC game is really huge for us. 3 games in 5 days, along with 2 rivals in 3 days is a really tough stretch, and we come at the end of it.

It's actually I believe a 4 game stretch in 7 or 8 days for Duke with us at the end. Wonder how tired and worn down they will be. Not to mention they will just be traveling back home with minimal time to prepare.

Home vs Maryland 15th
@ GT 18th
@ UNC 20th
Home vs Cuse 22nd

The only real road trip in that span is to Atlanta on 2/18. UNC is 7 miles away.

Yeah, well, you were their all time best seller!

Comedy gold.

There are no jerk stores but your cranium called, its got some space to rent.

(Seinfeld quote offs are a great way to start the day)

i'd drape myself in velvet if it were socially acceptable

The reason it will be tough honestly is because Duke is a bad matchup for us. Coach K since working with D'Antoni in Team USA has changed his philosophy to wanting to play smaller with more athletic shooters. Duke has recruited kids who can shoot 3's and stretch defenses and then use athletic or tall bigs to crash the boards for long rebounds. These type of teams are bad matchups for us. Duke is like Villanova who has done well against our zone as well, but Duke recruits even better players than Villanova does. Duke as a result is the opposite of North Carolina who is a great matchup for us. I think it will be tough to win at Cameron Indoor just because our offense will need to be as efficient as it was at the Dome to win. If we exploit Duke's weakness which they are small at the 4/5 positions if they get one of Parker or Jefferson in foul trouble we can win. However, I expect that it will be a tough game unless Duke's shooting is off that night.

I agree with those who think it's gonna be a toss up game, slight edge to Duke cause they are at home. They're going to have trouble guarding us; we're going to have trouble guarding them. Should be awesome.

Edit: also in general, if teams play twice in a season, and the road team loses a close one in the first game, they have a very good chance of winning the home game. Here's the stat from Pomeroy

Wait, there’s more. Home teams that won by one or two points were 16-52 in the rematches, winning just 23.5% of the time.

Before anyone jumps down my throat; I'm not suggesting we have a 25% chance to win @Duke. Not even close. I do think it's an interesting stat though. The entire blog entry is interesting; few years old though.

http://kenpom.com/blog/index.php/weblog/entry/the_head-to-head_fallacy

Last edited:
Sorry, an IQ no higher than room temperature is required for that job.

room temperature in an igloo maybe

They play up tempo and are a bad defensive team. I expect Fair and Grant to have big games again.
There you have it! We scored 91 points because Duke won't slow the game down & they are an average team defensively. I don't expect a 91-89 score, but I don't see a 60-57 game either. I do expect that Duke will get calls that will make us puke, thus it will be a difficult game for us to win. But, not an impossible game to win. Keita's availability will be a huge key in this game. If we don't have his extra 5 fouls, I see trouble looming. Will Duke make 15 3's? Maybe not, but they certainly can make 8-10 & that may be enough with a little help from the zebra's. And don't kid yourself, they will get that.

We will beat Duke, and we won't even take their girlfriend and women. Duke women no bueno.

LGO

duke

The funny thing is that the talking heads give us no chance but when we win they will claim it really just another home game.

All Hail the Otto Man Empire!

It took 15 three pointers to stay in the game with us. I am sick and tired of hearing media say that we have no chance in this game and that this game will be our first loss.

Screw that tiny ass excuse for a gym. Bring on the crazies. This is our conference and we will show the nation we are the team to beat. I cant wait to hear any excuse that comes out as to why we won the game.

All in

On and ...always

I'm not sure why they are called crazies. They are a bunch of 18 year old boys that weigh 150 pounds. There is nothing crazy or intimidating about that.

All in

On and ...always

4th game in 7 days, that has to help SU.

I think it's going to be a carbon copy of the last game. They have no one to stay with CJ and Grant so they will get their front court people in foul trouble. They will once again need to shoot the ball well from 3 or I think we win. Last game they hit 15 but I also think that was our best offensive game of the year by a good margin. I would say if we keep them under 10 3's we win and I think we will do that. I think having seen them once will help us get out to their shooters. We are going to get no calls though and it will be one of those game we have to win by 10 to win by 1 in my opinion. I hate to bring this up because I know people who aren't Cuse fans that claim I complain about officiating too much so I'm trying to work on that.

I fully expect the ACC to put the fix in and the infamous Cameron home court officiating advantage will be in full force.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom