I'm so burnt out on SU football | Syracusefan.com

I'm so burnt out on SU football

Was just telling my wife the same thing. I am so over the blowout chit chat from broadcasters. You know, when the game is over, SU is getting blown out, and they discuss SUs once proud history, -and the injuries and the youth and the program building. It's like the equivalent of "coach speak" for broadcasters

These Broadcasters will have a script ready for next year when we play LSU, L'ville, Miami, Clemson, FSU. A lot more games like this on the horizon.

2018 is our year. That is the true make or break year

I'm willing to piss away my Saturdays as long as hope - and DINO - remain(s). If Babers bolts for greener pastures, however, that will be the nail in the coffin for me. I will have had my fill of " we are turning the corner", "THIS is the guy to turn us around", "wait until the next batch of recruits get here", and "we'll never face another [pick a random position] like that again this year!". It really is getting very old to be having the same conversations and false hopes for over a decade.

PJ Fleck was 1-11 his first year,

More interesting is Mike McIntyre from Colorado. 10 total wins his first three years. And now look at them in year four. Colorado was bad for about as long as we've been bad. It's hard to watch, but I have faith in Dino. We should have more depth next year and hopefully we'll hit the grad transfer market again.

I'm willing to piss away my Saturdays as long as hope - and DINO - remain(s). If Babers bolts for greener pastures, however, that will be the nail in the coffin for me. I will have had my fill of " we are turning the corner", "THIS is the guy to turn us around", "wait until the next batch of recruits get here", and "we'll never face another [pick a random position] like that again this year!". It really is getting very old to be having the same conversations and false hopes for over a decade.
Yeah, having hope every year is easy. Having faith is a completely different animal.

I have season tickets and live in NC as well. I just consider it for The sake of the program. I believe in Dino unlike the previous HC I will be patient.

We have no depth. We need 2-3 years and have a full roster.

PJ Fleck was 1-11 his first year,

More interesting is Mike McIntyre from Colorado. 10 total wins his first three years. And now look at them in year four. Colorado was bad for about as long as we've been bad. It's hard to watch, but I have faith in Dino. We should have more depth next year and hopefully we'll hit the grad transfer market again.

Funny, was just thinking the same thing while watching Colorado highlights. They have been bad as long as we have, have similar history and seemed to have turned it around, maybe there is hope.

I have season tickets and live in NC as well. I just consider it for The sake of the program. I believe in Dino unlike the previous HC I will be patient.

We have no depth. We need 2-3 years and have a full roster.
Hey maybe we can travel together next season. I am in Wilmington. Would love some company as my wife will only go if we fly.

bottom line. they suck. can't sugar coat this mess. the stench slaps you in the face.

We've been perennial losers for the majority of 15 years. I still go to games but I get it. I can see it in the waning fan base too. We look like a clown show with the blowouts and the AWFUL uniforms. I hope Dino has the patience to stick around but I have my doubts.

Conspiracy theory alert

Dome renovation won't happen because the higher ups know we won't be competitive in D1 football again. When JB leaves and we get left out of the next conference realignment the story of Syracuse athletics will be closed.

Conspiracy theory alert

Dome renovation won't happen because the higher ups know we won't be competitive in D1 football again. When JB leaves and we get left out of the next conference realignment the story of Syracuse athletics will be closed.
What next realignment? The Big XII is going to be in trouble not the ACC.

What next realignment? The Big XII is going to be in trouble not the ACC.

The Big 12 conference itself is in trouble but there are teams from that conference way ahead of us in the pecking order.

The Big 12 conference itself is in trouble but there are teams from that conference way ahead of us in the pecking order.
a bunch of the northern teams and baylor would go after us

Oklahoma and Texas are fine.
Kansas, West Virginia and Oklahoma State could be okay.
The other 5 aren't ahead of us and are closer to being in the American than another P5 league.