I'm so burnt out on SU football | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I'm so burnt out on SU football

We are missing our starting QB... I believe we beat NC state and play FSU close with him. It is such a difference.
and possibly beat Pitt too. Also got to remember starting center out plus missing Steve Clark on D and other secondary kids as well.

we are not competitive in this league. and that's a fact. it tough to watch these ass whuppings.

we are not competitive in this league. and that's a fact. it tough to watch these ass whuppings.

This is the weakest football league out of the P5 so we are lucky to be in this one in all honesty.

I think we are competitive actually vs our peers. Just many fans don't understand who are peers are and expect us to compete with the big boys and it's just not happening. We just were stuck with morons running the ship for so long the hole we are in is very very deep to climb out of. Need Dino here 5-10 years anything less and its the same ole cycle starting again.

When it comes to football SU missed the boat big-time about 20 years ago. That's when all the big boys schools invested EVERY LAST DIME into football, we didn't. We got left behind. Easy comparison...in basketball we are a big boy. We look down on the likes of Depaul and St.Johns these days as they were left behind about 20 years ago in the basketball world. They will never ever catch us or get equal to us in basketball. In the football world, we are the "St.Johns and Depaul" of the sport.

This is the weakest football league out of the P5 so we are lucky to be in this one in all honesty.

I think we are competitive actually vs our peers. Just many fans don't understand who are peers are and expect us to compete with the big boys and it's just not happening. We just were stuck with morons running the ship for so long the hole we are in is very very deep to climb out of. Need Dino here 5-10 years anything less and its the same ole cycle starting again.

When it comes to football SU missed the boat big-time about 20 years ago. That's when all the big boys schools invested EVERY LAST DIME into football, we didn't. We got left behind. Easy comparison...in basketball we are a big boy. We look down on the likes of Depaul and St.Johns these days as they were left behind about 20 years ago in the basketball world. They will never ever catch us or get equal to us in basketball. In the football world, we are the "St.Johns and Depaul" of the sport.

So the ACC is worse than the Pac-12 and Big 12 who could possibly not have one team in the playoff between the two of them

Theres not enough foam in the dome...

So the ACC is worse than the Pac-12 and Big 12 who could possibly not have one team in the playoff between the two of them

Maybe Clemson is the Top team in all 3 of those conferences combined. But if you look at the bottom teams (BC, WF, Syracuse, UVA) I think those other 2 conferences have much more depth and are stronger in the middle and at the bottom. And right now today I'm not sure Oklahoma doesn't beat Clemson on a neutral field

Just my opinion.

I hear you. It's really beyond frustrating to suck this bad for so long. Agreed though Dino is the last good shot we may have for a while
I missed one game (during the GRob era) in the last 26 years and I am actually happy the season is over next week. I showed up today to support the kids. I agree that Dino is our last shot to turn this program around. If he leaves it will be us, BC, and Wake Forest as the ACC bottom feeders forever.

I missed one game (during the GRob era) in the last 26 years and I am actually happy the season is over next week. I showed up today to support the kids. I agree that Dino is our last shot to turn this program around. If he leaves it will be us, BC, and Wake Forest as the ACC bottom feeders forever.
BC and Wake Forest will both be in bowl games .

Maybe Clemson is the Top team in all 3 of those conferences combined. But if you look at the bottom teams (BC, WF, Syracuse, UVA) I think those other 2 conferences have much more depth and are stronger in the middle and at the bottom. And right now today I'm not sure Oklahoma doesn't beat Clemson on a neutral field

Just my opinion.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I vehemently disagree. Both conferences have less teams than the ACC. The Big 12 only has 10 teams and I'd still take SU, Virginia, and Wake over Kansas, ISU, and, TT. Take the ACCs 8,9,10 vs them and it's not close.

Big 12 - 10 teams
Pac 12 -12 teams
ACC - 14 teams

You're entitled to your opinion, but I vehemently disagree. Both conferences have less teams than the ACC. The Big 12 only has 10 teams and I'd still take SU, Virginia, and Wake over Kansas, ISU, and, TT. Take the ACCs 8,9,10 vs them and it's not close.

Big 12 - 10 teams
Pac 12 -12 teams
ACC - 14 teams

Yeah I don't see it that way at all

It could be worse we could he UConn.
They got embrassed in their dream "rivalry" game with Boston College.
They lost 30-0 and are in year 3 of their coaches tenure.
They don't have P5 money and have to fire the guy and can't afford a real coach or go thru another wasted year.
Please UConn keep Bob Diaco.

Conspiracy theory alert

Dome renovation won't happen because the higher ups know we won't be competitive in D1 football again. When JB leaves and we get left out of the next conference realignment the story of Syracuse athletics will be closed.

Uncle Skurey hitting the sauce again!

BC and Wake Forest will both be in bowl games .
Being in a bowl game doesn't really matter theee days other than the extra practice. You are obviously too young to remember when 7 win teams (like us) wouldn't get a bowl bid. It used to be earned. Now you can schedule 4 patsies, get two wins in conference and you go to a meaningless bowl (BC). Ask BC fans if they are happy with a bowl bid and getting The Dazzler back as coach.

Not so sure what everyone sees in Babers, but I'll give him my support for a few more years. I think it's shortsighted though to say that he's our last chance. Until the hierarchy buys 100% into the football program, not even a Vince Lombardi could build a winner here. They are TOTALLY unwatchable right now.

It's frustrating, but I have faith in Dino. It may be a few years but look at Colorado, Washington St, Washington. Good HC's got 4 years to recruit to their system and are now winning big at programs with similar built in disadvantages as Syracuse. Unlike Shafer, I really thin Dino is the man for the job. It just sucks that we are pretty much resigned to the fact that there are still more lumps on the horizon and the past few games the shots have pretty much just been rolling off the chin.

I don't know what Dino could have done to put a better product on the field today. The talent isn't there because injuries have us playing second and third stringers against teams with great talent and depth.

The investment in new recruiting staff is encouraging, no prior coach has had that support. Babers also has a fun offense that I loved when we had Dungey slinging the ball earlier this year. It's not the same old approach but I do worry that if it is not effective in the next couple years I'll lose interest.

I don't know what Dino could have done to put a better product on the field today. The talent isn't there because injuries have us playing second and third stringers against teams with great talent and depth.

The investment in new recruiting staff is encouraging, no prior coach has had that support. Babers also has a fun offense that I loved when we had Dungey slinging the ball earlier this year. It's not the same old approach but I do worry that if it is not effective in the next couple years I'll lose interest.

I refuse to use injuries as a reason for our struggles. Didn't the last 2 years and won't this year. This is Football. Look at every team at this time of the year and you will see 2nd and 3rd stringers all over the field. That's just what this game does to you. What our problem is there is no depth. These other programs have guys who can step in and be serviceable back ups. We just aren't where we need to be from a depth standpoint and something Babers really needs to build up the next 3 years. I think recruiting bigger players could be of a benefit as well.

Sorry to go off on a rant, but I just hate using injuries as an excuse to losing in football. More than any other sport it's just part of the game you expect year in and year out. I blame the depth.

I refuse to use injuries as a reason for our struggles. Didn't the last 2 years and won't this year. This is Football. Look at every team at this time of the year and you will see 2nd and 3rd stringers all over the field. That's just what this game does to you. What our problem is there is no depth. These other programs have guys who can step in and be serviceable back ups. We just aren't where we need to be from a depth standpoint and something Babers really needs to build up the next 3 years. I think recruiting bigger players could be of a benefit as well.

Sorry to go off on a rant, but I just hate using injuries as an excuse to losing in football. More than any other sport it's just part of the game you expect year in and year out. I blame the depth.
well dino has also thrown the "talent" under the bus. so its not just recruiting. or wait maybe it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom