impact of CM leaving | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

impact of CM leaving

IF true, makes getting Bryant stickier and would be dependent upon the appeals process and timing of everything.
At this point, Bryant becomes even more critical. McC is a blow but there will be 2 capable replacements on deck... and honestly if he doesn't want to be in college then he was never going to be a cohesive force for the team anyway. Without TB on the other hand, we'll have shaky knees to go along with shaky potatoes. We're not going to scare anybody if DC2 has to see major minutes. He plays below the rim on both sides of the court.

We hardly knew you!

Well I hope it works out well for Chris. There are a few teams with enough stock piled picks to take him somewhere late first round. No doubt he is a very talented player with great measurable's and a very high possible ceiling.

The fact McCollough is leaving just makes no freaking sense. I mean he isn't getting picked in the first round. He is either being pushed out or really hates school. This decision makes me scratch my head and ask why?

Isn't a kid allowed to test the waters and get information from scouts and evaluators once and then return if he doesn't hear what he wants to? I think CM should do this, even if it is just to see where he stands right now and what he needs to work on. And if he gets information that he likes, he should leave. Honestly, I don't think he will hear that he will be a guaranteed first round pick, due to his injury. But, if he comes back healthy, he can play himself into a top 5 pick.

This makes less sense than Michael Frazier leaving Florida or Davente Smith-Rivera leaving Georgetown.McCollough was a mid-round first round pick in December pre-ACL tear. Now the kid is hurt and decides to declare. No team in the first round is picking this kid. He is now a second-round pick and will need to earn his career.

Isn't a kid allowed to test the waters and get information from scouts and evaluators once and then return if he doesn't hear what he wants to? I think CM should do this, even if it is just to see where he stands right now and what he needs to work on. And if he gets information that he likes, he should leave. Honestly, I don't think he will hear that he will be a guaranteed first round pick, due to his injury. But, if he comes back healthy, he can play himself into a top 5 pick.

If you declare, you are in...no going back.

jekelish said:
If he's going to go pro... Can't he at least wait to declare until after everything plays out with Bryant, so we can still make sure we get to defer?

That's where I'm at. If he declares would we be considered at 10 and thus can't bring anyone else in and must start sanction next season. The appeals process, both whether the sanctions are on hold, and when the appeal is finalized is now the driver of what we can do.

If McCollough leaves it has to be the kid doesn't like school. Which is fine, but declaring now is just dumb what team is going to gamble a 3 year guaranteed contract on a kid who played 1/2 of one year and was trick or treat. The kid has talent, but any GM using a first round pick before this kid is healthy is completely stupid.

If you declare, you are in...no going back.
Oh, I wasn't aware of that. I am out of touch with all that, because it used to be where a kid could declare without hiring an agent and then return.

Didn't realize he went to high school in Connecticut. News to me. Ha.

If true, most disappointing recruit in SU history.
McC leaves, yet Justin Jackson stays...only us

The backlash Donte Greene got won't even scratch the surface of the backlash Chris McCollough is going to get. Greene atleast put up really good numbers as a freshman. He showed he could put the ball in the basket. McCollough showed potential in a few games but looked unprepared in lots of other games.

I supported Greene's decision I typically support 99% of all players leaving, but this case is just stupid.

Alsacs said:
If McCollough leaves it has to be the kid doesn't like school. Which is fine, but declaring now is just dumb what team is going to gamble a 3 year guaranteed contract on a kid who played 1/2 of one year and was trick or treat. The kid has talent, but any GM using a first round pick before this kid is healthy is completely stupid.

One possibility and I have no real idea, but he was a one and done. No doubt about that and everyone knew. It's possible he didn't take school as seriously knowing he was going after his freshman year. It's possible that he had eligibility issues now and there's no way we will try to do anything that isn't by the books with the sanctions hanging over our heads.

rrlbees said:
One possibility and I have no real idea, but he was a one and done. No doubt about that and everyone knew. It's possible he didn't take school as seriously knowing he was going after his freshman year. It's possible that he had eligibility issues now and there's no way we will try to do anything that isn't by the books with the sanctions hanging over our heads.

I'll buy this. I think he makes Melo look like a Rhodes Scholar.

Was hoping he'd return, but Ive never been a fan of his game.

No team is taking this kid in the first round. 9ppg, 6rpg and rehabing an ACL tear. If this isn't school related it is the dumbest declaration of alltime and I support kids leaving.

pearl31 said:
Per Donna D "SU coach Jim Boeheim said today he had not heard that McCullough was declaring for the draft."

Yikes.

For what it's worth, I remember thinking to myself how odd it was that CM chose to have his ACL surgery outside of SU's physicians/network. When I heard this, I thought to myself, he gone. I realize others here have said it wasn't that uncommon, etc., but I couldn't help to think that this wasn't a good sign for SU. To me, it just seemed that SU's doctor's, experience, resources, etc. would have been a no brainer decision, unless an ulterior motive possibly existed. I don't know, just my thinking of course, but how many young people of that age have access to better care, treatment, etc. than SU would've afforded?

I hope the best for him, but really find this one hard to understand. I guess he really wants to get money right away? I'm guessing he must have heard something about where he could go in the draft. I could see some team like San Antonio or another late 1st team taking him and basically redshirting him like a Euro or something. If he falls to round 2, then this seems like a mistake.

He could have come back and had a great 3 month run next year, vaulting his stock into the lottery and earned a lot more money. Now, I don't know what to think of his stock. I get the feeling he didn't spend as much time in the classroom as was necessary and he's basically saying F it to class and trying to make a go of it at a pro career now. Good luck CM.

Per Donna D
"SU coach Jim Boeheim said today he had not heard that McCullough was declaring for the draft."
JB's next PC is going to be delicious. Again, if McCullough's academics didn't disqualify him from being eligible this would be the worst player declaration of all-time.

Per Donna D
"SU coach Jim Boeheim said today he had not heard that McCullough was declaring for the draft."
This program is crumbling before our eyes:oops::eat popcorn:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom