In a way, it has always been smoke and mirrors | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

In a way, it has always been smoke and mirrors

I can’t imagine anyone would argue against that.

... UNLESS... he's referring to them both, RIGHT NOW, vs. McNabb at his college prime.

In which case...

maybe still not wrong? :p

Not much, IMO.

The days of Mac and P's recruiting had dried up for a lot of reasons outside of Syracuse's control and a few within it - but it's important to put those years in context. CFB landscape and recruiting has changed and it's not favorable to a NE private school. Maybe NIL and the transfer portal helps mitigate it, but who knows. RJ Anderson, Troy Nunes, and Perry Patterson all had better talent around them.

Sophomore Ryan Nassib was ok and that was a historically easy schedule. Hunt's year is kind of amazing - full credit to that staff making lemonade out of lemons vs a difficult schedule and a bad OC.

I do think Dino should shoulder a lot of blame for not having a better backup his entire tenure outside of 2018 and this year. It's crazy that we started Mahoney, Rex, etc.
I take your opinion and put an asterisk on it. Give it up dude, you're wrong. You were wrong about last year, it wasn't covid, new coordinators,, BLM, Aliens, or mystery fungus. It's Dino. He has never built a program and as far as I can tell, that still hasn't changed as I wouldn't call what we trot out a program. Cute words, quotes, asterisks, etc...doesn't matter. No passing TDs in the first two games of this year. Dino's offense is broken. He's learning on the job and his test grades are dog vomit.

That's part of the problem. It's Dino's 6th year, and his QB recruiting has been so lousy that he's only started the guy he inherited and one other. I've been reading for years on this site about how we're "so deep" at QB, and then we end up using walkons and guys who should be TEs as injury replacements.

Even this year, we're banking on a transfer to save the season. What about all the failed QB recruits over the past 5 years? Where are they, and why shouldn't Dino be accountable for that?
He should be accountable for that. I agree.

Last year's line was so bad, he could delude himself about devito.

Most fans are scared of missing out on the guy who develops but I'm still in favor of switching faster. You wait forever and fail, it's too many years

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom