In ACC do we give up home games to MSG? | Syracusefan.com

In ACC do we give up home games to MSG?

Stern

All American
With Syracuse moving to the ACC it means no more "games" at MSG on a regular basis. I'm not sure what kind of deal St.Johns has with MSG, but would Syracuse move one or two lower level to mid-level "home" games to MSG? Keep their strong ties in NYC and their vast NYC fan base happy?

Doesn't have to be conference games, but maybe a game in November then an out of conference game in Jan/Feb or something. Wouldn't shock me one bit if we do.

You don't think we'll be playing in an early season tournament every year at MSG or Brooklyn?

You don't think we'll be playing in an early season tournament every year at MSG or Brooklyn?

Possible. Or maybe just schedule St.Johns every year as a non-conference game.

But I wouldn't be shocked if we went and scheduled one "home" or "neutral" site game in MSG middle of the season as well.

Possible. Or maybe just schedule St.Johns every year as a non-conference game.

But I wouldn't be shocked if we went and scheduled one "home" or "neutral" site game in MSG middle of the season as well.

Would the NYC crowd come out for SU vs Siena or SU vs Iona?

I can't see SU moving an ACC home conference game to NYC. If you move the Duke or UNC game from the Dome to NYC there would be a riot.

Would the NYC crowd come out for SU vs Siena or SU vs Iona?

I can't see SU moving an ACC home conference game to NYC. If you move the Duke or UNC game from the Dome to NYC there would be a riot.

Schedule a November game vs a Memphis or something. Or L'Ville maybe. Make that your 1 big out of conference game a year. Play it at MSG. Or as I said before, just play St.Johns at MSG every year.

I can't imagine them ever giving up an ACC home game to MSG, but I was thinking St. Johns, or what about a neutral site game with UConn as MSG every year?

Duke plays in MSG every year, they play either St. John's in OOC or they play the Aeropostale Classic in MSG they have played Texas, Gonzaga, Pitt, so we will play in MSG every year.

Schedule a November game vs a Memphis or something. Or L'Ville maybe. Make that your 1 big out of conference game a year. Play it at MSG. Or as I said before, just play St.Johns at MSG every year.

We're going to need a hell of a lot more than 1 big OOC game every year now. Our RPI will be in the dirt in the ACC, especially an ACC with divisions that isolate us from UNC/Duke.

I can't imagine we would not continue to play our old Big East rivals like Gtown, UConn, Nova and St.John's etc if we move to the ACC. The school is all about money coming in and playing games against those teams will attract the crowds and TV and bring the money in. Of course, we would not play all the teams every year but I have to think that we'll play at least 2 every year.

Still this whole thing sucks. Sure I understand all the reasons why SU would decide to do this but it does not mean I have to like it. And until the time the move becomes official - I say - the ACC, long live The Big East!

I can't imagine we would not continue to play our old Big East rivals like Gtown, UConn, Nova and St.John's etc if we move to the ACC. The school is all about money coming in and playing games against those teams will attract the crowds and TV and bring the money in. Of course, we would not play all the teams every year but I have to think that we'll play at least 2 every year.

Still this whole thing sucks. Sure I understand all the reasons why SU would decide to do this but it does not mean I have to like it. And until the time the move becomes official - I say - the ACC, long live The Big East!

If not us, others are going to leave whether we stay or not. Don't get the idea that people think staying in the BE would be better in the long haul.

I can't imagine them ever giving up an ACC home game to MSG, but I was thinking St. Johns, or what about a neutral site game with UConn as MSG every year?
Cuse vs Yukon in a special Coaches vs Cancer. It's a natural.

would be surprised if acc went divisions for basketball. cuse will always play at least 1 game if not 2 at msg every year. would love to see home and home with st john's continue. will never move a "home" game to msg. too much $ at stake filling the dome

2011-12 Syracuse plays in the Preseason-NIT
2010-11 Syracuse played in Jimmy V Classic
2009-10 Syracuse played in the Coaches vs. Cancer 2k Classic
2008-09 only year we didn't play a regular season game at MSG
2007-08 Syracuse played in the Preseason NIT
2006-07 Syracuse played in the Jimmy V Classic
2005-06 Syracuse played in the Coaches vs. Cancer 2k Classic
2004-05 Syracuse played in the Coaches vs. Cancer AND Jimmy V Classic

You get the point we will continue to play in MSG about every year. No worries to the NYC crowd. The real hurting is for the Northeastern crowd who would turn PC, RU, SHU, SJU, and even Nova and Gtown games into neutral to home court advantages for us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom