In case you felt slightly bad for destroying Prov for the umpteenth year | Syracusefan.com

In case you felt slightly bad for destroying Prov for the umpteenth year

Tried to post, but discovered I was banned. How can that be? I never cared enough about PC to ever post there. Hope they (and the rest of the C7 clowns) rot. FC7

I do feel bad for Providence.

Who'll sell out the Dunk for them now? :p

Maybe I'm blind, but where does Jimmy say something bad about Prov or VC?? The "I'll summarize" quote is in someone else words...

He indicated that no one would have broken Sherms record if he had played a full four years and not sit a season behind Pearl.

Pete Rose
14,053 At Bats
4,256 Hits

Ty Cobb
11,434 At Bats
4,189 Hits

Rose is still considered the all-time hits leader, even though he had 2,619 more at bats than Cobb. Which means that Council is the all-time Big East assists leader, even if Douglas was a far better player.

There is such an insane amount of stupid in that thread, but this might be my favorite because Syracuse was a solid top 20 program in the 90's that went on one great run. Really from 94-09, we were a solid top 20-25 program with a few great teams sprinkled in. The last four years have been quite a joy to experience. Now we just need a Final Four.

Enjoy:

"To even imply that Syracuse hasn't underperformed compared to the talent brought in is laughable.

Back in the 90s when SU had year after year of stacked teams with sick talent and great seeding in the tourney, I would regularly pick them to have an early exit and was rarely disappointed.

They are the ARod of college basketball."

There is such an insane amount of stupid in that thread, but this might be my favorite because Syracuse was a solid top 20 program in the 90's that went on one great run. Really from 94-09, we were a solid top 20-25 program with a few great teams sprinkled in. The last four years have been quite a joy to experience. Now we just need a Final Four.

Enjoy:

"To even imply that Syracuse hasn't underperformed compared to the talent brought in is laughable.

Back in the 90s when SU had year after year of stacked teams with sick talent and great seeding in the tourney, I would regularly pick them to have an early exit and was rarely disappointed.

They are the ARod of college basketball."

A better number is the career record of SU vs Prov one of there fans mentioned in another thread, SU absolutely owned them, its something ridiculous like 41-9 or something like that.

Pete Rose
14,053 At Bats
4,256 Hits

Ty Cobb
11,434 At Bats
4,189 Hits

Rose is still considered the all-time hits leader, even though he had 2,619 more at bats than Cobb. Which means that Council is the all-time Big East assists leader, even if Douglas was a far better player.
I think the case where they used the * would be acceptable in this instance. You don't want some joker taking down an all-time great based on the technicality of an extended season.

Pete Rose
14,053 At Bats
4,256 Hits

Ty Cobb
11,434 At Bats
4,189 Hits

See also Brown, Jim, and Sanders, Barry on the NFL rushing yards list, considering both guys only played nine years, yet Barry is only 3000 behind Emmitt and Brown is only 6000 behind him and played several fewer games per year.