In or Out | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

In or Out

In on Out?

• In

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • Out

Votes: 103 77.4%

• Total voters
Unlike some other years, I will expend no energy arguing that we should be included. 20-13 with this group is a successful year.

Next year, the reinforcements arrive.

I agree. This could have been a cataclysmic year.

We avoided that, with about 4 healthy players. It's remarkable when you think about it.

For that reason, I would consider turning down an NIT bid. Our fans aren't going to show up, and everybody is freaking hurt. What's the point, really? Shut It Down.

FWIW Palm has us now in the 11 play-in game in newest bracket

It's too early in the weekend for that to hold. Upsets are going to happen. Happens every year.

As we say about early draft entries - Don't get your hopes up. "We gone."

I’d put the over under number of upsets at 1.5. Looking at the bubble for me or huge gaps between 10 seed and just missing , it will be fascinating to see who gets in

San Diego State looking solid. I think they steal a bid by winning the Mountain West with Nevada getting in as well.

Updated again at 7 this AM, has us third to last team in.

Out...with a 1st round loss in the NIT.

First time I've ever felt we don't deserve to be in, but I'm seeing a lot of teams in Lunardi's latest that are "LESS" deserving. While we don't pass the eye test in my opinion, on paper, we should be given more consideration than what we are given.

Louisville---No Top 25 Wins
Middle Tennessee St.---No Top 50 Wins (And lost to RPI #225 or so this week)
USC---No Top 25 Wins
Saint Mary's---No Top 25 Wins (Strength of Schedule #217)

These are all current at large teams IN the bracket. Dumb. Syracuse has 2 Top 25 Wins, including a Top 25 Road win, and a SOS 13th in the country. We have been left out previously for "too many cupcakes" (SOS 13), "not enough road wins" (two top 50 road wins this year) or "bad losses (no quadrant 4 L's). We seem to have remedied the problems, yet find ourselves right back on the bubble. St. Bonaventure and ND games will be the reason we stay home, but it's not as clear to me as some may think.

We look terribly similar to Providence on paper, with the exception that they have two great top 10 wins, offset by losses at home to Minnesota and DePaul, and a road loss to UMass. Our worst two losses are road ACC games against teams with higher RPI's than any of the 3 Providence losses.

First time I've ever felt we don't deserve to be in, but I'm seeing a lot of teams in Lunardi's latest that are "LESS" deserving. While we don't pass the eye test in my opinion, on paper, we should be given more consideration than what we are given.

Louisville---No Top 25 Wins
Middle Tennessee St.---No Top 50 Wins (And lost to RPI #225 or so this week)
USC---No Top 25 Wins
Saint Mary's---No Top 25 Wins (Strength of Schedule #217)

These are all current at large teams IN the bracket. Dumb. Syracuse has 2 Top 25 Wins, including a Top 25 Road win, and a SOS 13th in the country. We have been left out previously for "too many cupcakes" (SOS 13), "not enough road wins" (two top 50 road wins this year) or "bad losses (no quadrant 4 L's).

Syracuse won too much. People in charge will find any excuse to not include Syracuse in the big dance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom