In the last 4 years...Only 3 ACC teams have not won 20 games in at least 1 year | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

In the last 4 years...Only 3 ACC teams have not won 20 games in at least 1 year

Another fun one...

The Army-Navy games marks the end of the college football regular season. Guess how many games the last 9 years we have played after the Army-Navy game where we were ranked? ONE, on 12-15-18 we were tied for 25th a whole 7 days after the Army-Navy game. That game was also the only game that we were ranked after Thanksgiving since 2016.

Since the 2013-14 season we have played a game after Thanksgiving where we were ranked 6 times. So only 6 games in the last 9 seasons we have played a game ranked past Thanksgiving.

Not at a computer, I wonder what it looks like if you use two 18 win seasons as the criteria

GT had two 17 win seasons.

I wonder what the four year records are

We all pick arbitrary points to make it look best for whatever we already think, I do it too

Not at a computer, I wonder what it looks like if you use two 18 win seasons as the criteria
Thats Good Robert Deniro GIF

Another fun one...

The Army-Navy games marks the end of the college football regular season. Guess how many games the last 9 years we have played after the Army-Navy game where we were ranked? ONE, on 12-15-18 we were tied for 25th a whole 7 days after the Army-Navy game. That game was also the only game that we were ranked after Thanksgiving since 2016.

Since the 2013-14 season we have played a game after Thanksgiving where we were ranked 6 times. So only 6 games in the last 9 seasons we have played a game ranked past Thanksgiving.
Zero games after January 1st.

Nine years.

Zero.

That's our cohort these days. I ran through a similar exercise to see what ACC teams haven't been ranked in the past several years. It's a larger list, but it's not good company,
We have won 24 more games than BC in that span

Frankly, I don’t believe these “all that matters is the dance”, guys.

I highly doubt they had their pitchforks out in 91 or 05 or whatever. I bet they were defending JB for having a great year, and it wouldn’t surprise me if they were lamenting over the randomness of a one and done tournament.
I do think tourney success matters a great deal. But so does the regular season. I was mostly happy with the 2016 Final Four season overall when you included the full picture of the regular season (winning the B4A was awesome) and spectacular NCAA tourney success. But it’s mostly been diminishing returns since then.

2020-21 was solid once JB figured out playing time and the lineup at the very end, but it was diminished somewhat by having no fans present for the regular season games. The tourney wins were great (same with 2018). But that’s just not enough to hang your hat on.

It’s imperative that we get back to being a top 25 fixture during the regular season. Which means we need a next generation head coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom