Indoor Facility Update | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Indoor Facility Update

Am I reading this correctly that less than 30% will be based on private funds? I assume the rest is from their own revenue sources (including Pac-12)?

Yes and no. The paragraph says;

"CU will rely on $50 million in private support to execute the project, and a significant effort to raise funds from donors will now begin to support it. In addition, other athletic revenue sources will be used to finance this major initiative."

So $50 was trhe seed money to get it started and now they will have a effort to raise funds. I bet the part that says using other revenue sources means for the academic parts of the $170. I can see a school using their own funds, even athletic revenue, to build academic factilites for athletes, but as to the IPF and other strictly athletic related structures, it will come from the $50 already committed and their fund raising campaign.

$50mm in private donor funds. Good for them.
They will likely borrow a lot to fund the rest. Their 2003 upgrades were partly financed and payments are about $4M annually still.

Phat, are you also a Buffs fan? They are my #2 team. I used to live in Boulder and took some classes at CU after I graduated from SU.

I am and I did the same thing you did. After LeMoyne I moved to Boulder, took a few classes at CU. Bartended at Taylor's Bar & Grill and was an assistant coach for the Buffs club lacrosse team.

Taylor's was a bar right next door to the Fox Theater. Someone told me it's not there anymore.

Nope not there anymore. 5 minutes of googling and discovered it's now a 5 Guys with loft apartments on top. I guess the apartments go all the way down to the Sink on the corner. Pretty sweat. Good to see The Sink is still around.

1.jpg

Nope not there anymore. 5 minutes of googling and discovered it's now a 5 Guys with loft apartments on top. I guess the apartments go all the way down to the Sink on the corner. Pretty sweat. Good to see The Sink is still around.

1.jpg

Sweet! Haven't been back in way too long. I worked for StorageTek and Access Graphics while I took classes. Lived briefly on Madison Ave in a condo and then on Pearl Street for the rest of the time I was there. Miss Boulder a lot. Hope this upgrade goes through!

Sweet! Haven't been back in way too long. I worked for StorageTek and Access Graphics while I took classes. Lived briefly on Madison Ave in a condo and then on Pearl Street for the rest of the time I was there. Miss Boulder a lot. Hope this upgrade goes through!
uh yea lets get back to SU please and the indoor practice facility.

Yeah, I got the same solicitation from Colgate a couple weeks ago: http://news.colgate.edu/2013/02/col...-approves-plan-for-new-athletic-facility.html

Mostly donor-funded.
wow that is pretty damn pathetic that colgate that pretty much gets zero!!!! help from the conf. there in and they and doin things like this. Good for them but what does this say about SU and the backing for the athletics dept by the BOT.
I still think the ipf will happen but like everyone else where is the damn announcement or somethin to let us know whats goin on! i guess that thes downfall for me bout SU bein a private school dont have to announce anything,least thats what i heard. I really just want them to hurry up and build the damn thing,that is the last thing holding us backin recruiting. Im dying to see what we can do when we build it cause we'll pretty much be on level ground as far as facilities and take the next step in recruiting!!! :)

Everyday that goes by that they don't announce the IPF and start soliciting donations from the general population is another day wasted in fund raising.

I know people are saying that you can already donate but the average non syracusefan.com member has no clue that there is such a thing as an IPF let alone the fact that they can donate.

wow that is pretty damn pathetic that colgate that pretty much gets zero!!!! help from the conf. there in and they and doin things like this. Good for them but what does this say about SU and the backing for the athletics dept by the BOT.
I still think the ipf will happen but like everyone else where is the damn announcement or somethin to let us know whats goin on! i guess that thes downfall for me bout SU bein a private school dont have to announce anything,least thats what i heard. I really just want them to hurry up and build the damn thing,that is the last thing holding us backin recruiting. Im dying to see what we can do when we build it cause we'll pretty much be on level ground as far as facilities and take the next step in recruiting!!! :)

What Colgate is doing doesn't say a thing about SU's BOT.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Maybe SU needs to adopt some of these Duke Alums...

Former Duke University trustee Roy Bostock and his wife Merilee will give $5 million to the Duke Athletics Department, school officials announced Thursday.

Their gift is in support of Duke Athletics' "Building Champions" fundraising effort, whose goal is to raise $250 million to support annual needs, upgrade facilities and endow scholarships and programs. "Building Champions" is part of the $3.25 billion university-wide fundraising campaign, Duke Forward, launched in September.

Roy and Merilee Bostock are both 1962 graduates of Duke. Roy Bostock also earned an M.B.A. from Harvard.

"We're very grateful for this gift, which continues the wonderful tradition of philanthropy that Roy and Merilee Bostock have established at Duke," said Duke President Richard H. Brodhead. "From the libraries to athletics, their generosity has enriched and elevated the student experience at Duke."

"Roy and Merilee's impact on Duke is well documented and, quite frankly, immeasurable," said Duke Vice President and Director of Athletics Kevin White. "In particular, Roy's unqualified dedication to Duke Athletics is exemplified by his commitment to the institution as a student-athlete and, of course, by his extraordinary service and generosity since graduating in 1962. To be sure, both Roy and Merilee are Duke University treasures. We sincerely thank Roy and Merilee for their phenomenal support of Duke Athletics, as well as the entire university."

The Bostock gift is the third commitment of $5 million or more announced by the Department of Athletics in the past five months. Dr. Steven Scott and his wife, Rebecca Scott, and Duke Forward co-chair David Rubenstein each pledged $10 million gifts to Duke Athletics in October and December, respectively.

What Colgate is doing doesn't say a thing about SU's BOT.

of really. well it does to me, it says to a point to me that there makin a commitment with alot less comin in from conf. affiliation than me get. Im not really tryin to make a big deaL about it cause frankly its not a big deal at all but simple stating there needsa to be more of a commitment to football and spend some money to get to the level that people want them to be. Most of the time ya make the money back in the long run anyway

of really. well it does to me, it says to a point to me that there makin a commitment with alot less comin in from conf. affiliation than me get. Im not really tryin to make a big deaL about it cause frankly its not a big deal at all but simple stating there needsa to be more of a commitment to football and spend some money to get to the level that people want them to be. Most of the time ya make the money back in the long run anyway

Colgate is paying for it with donations. This stuff gets discussed ad nauseum.

OrangePA - it was my understanding that the official announcement was going to be just before the May/June groundbreaking date. If you have newer info that its coming sooner than that's great with me. Honestly, I was surprised by your original post but my sources have never been 100% accurate - more like 80% as Bees puts it well that there are many moving parts so no one really knows with certainty.

It is still my understanding that the IPF groundbreaking will be this year (May/June) but that the official announcement would occur after basketball & lacrosse seasons are over with and be closer to the Spring game time period. To me that makes more sense as nothing much else is going on at that time and its still before potential recruits start committing and summer camps. Just more marketing bang for the buck to wait until then IMO.

EDIT - ok I just re-read your original post - you didn't state when the official announcement would be made (my bad). Where did or who said the announcement was coming soon or should have already happened? I haven't been following the forum so again people shouldn't be expecting any announcement until spring practice/spring game time - anyway according to my sources.

OrangePA - it was my understanding that the official announcement was going to be just before the May/June groundbreaking date. If you have newer info that its coming sooner than that's great with me. Honestly, I was surprised by your original post but my sources have never been 100% accurate - more like 80% as Bees puts it well that there are many moving parts so no one really knows with certainty.

It is still my understanding that the IPF groundbreaking will be this year (May/June) but that the official announcement would occur after basketball & lacrosse seasons are over with and be closer to the Spring game time period. To me that makes more sense as nothing much else is going on at that time and its still before potential recruits start committing and summer camps. Just more marketing bang for the buck to wait until then IMO.

EDIT - ok I just re-read your original post - you didn't state when the official announcement would be made (my bad). Where did or who said the announcement was coming soon or should have already happened? I haven't been following the forum so again people shouldn't be expecting any announcement until spring practice/spring game time - anyway according to my sources.
BAD NEWS
I feel like this is turning into a wvu fan prediction of the destruction of the ACC type thread. the prediction keeps getting pushed back.

GOOD NEWS
That said, I do think that it will eventually happen, unlike WVU predictions. Furthermore, I do think that this will happen this year. There is too much upside and too much momentum for it to not happen. The coming ACC payout doesn't hurt either.

o

The announcement has been put off but will be made.

This is happening.