Indoor Facility Update | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Indoor Facility Update

how much seed money is usually required before putting the project into motion? or any idea how close we are before the actual construction will take place?

how much seed money is usually required before putting the project into motion? or any idea how close we are before the actual construction will take place?

I believe that it was in a post on this board that they are already moving forward with it. Actual groundbreaking I am not sure but I was under the impression they want it finished for the 2014 season.

That is in NYC dollars, though. Minnesota built their Retractable Roof Stadium for $791MM. http://www.prlog.org/10662081-real-cost-of-vikings-stadium-retractable-roof.html Plus, the retractable roof was only $20MM more than the fixed roof, or it would have been $771MM for a fixed roof.

That is still a significant chunk of change but a new stadium in Syrause would probably be smaller and have less amenities compared to the NFL stadia.

This...as they did before you get a Dome built around other things (housing, retail, hotel, attractions). Build it again to be big enough to host football/lacrosse and soccer. Keep the sightlines great. Build up...smaller roof. Think about attaching a hotel to it. Have easy access off I-481. Put it at Drumlins. Take over one of the courses (isn't the west one the crummier one?). Build in some premium lots with tailgate amenities. The key thing is for the University to lease land for a developer to put in the other amenities. Finally a Homer Simpson monrail or trolley connecting it to main campus, downtown, Destiny and the airport.

I like the idea about building a structure adjacent to the west wall for lockers, suites. Another money maker Cuse could think about is luxury condos somewhere on the Hill. Some rich alumni and ex-CNYers might be interested in buying 500-1500 Sq Ft condos right on the Hill. To someone from NYC or DC buying a 500 Sq Ft crash pad for say $100k is chump change.

This...as they did before you get a Dome built around other things (housing, retail, hotel, attractions). Build it again to be big enough to host football/lacrosse and soccer. Keep the sightlines great. Build up...smaller roof. Think about attaching a hotel to it. Have easy access off I-481. Put it at Drumlins. Take over one of the courses (isn't the west one the crummier one?). Build in some premium lots with tailgate amenities. The key thing is for the University to lease land for a developer to put in the other amenities. Finally a Homer Simpson monrail or trolley connecting it to main campus, downtown, Destiny and the airport.

I like the idea about building a structure adjacent to the west wall for lockers, suites. Another money maker Cuse could think about is luxury condos somewhere on the Hill. Some rich alumni and ex-CNYers might be interested in buying 500-1500 Sq Ft condos right on the Hill. To someone from NYC or DC buying a 500 Sq Ft crash pad for say $100k is chump change.
Drumlins west is a cow pasture. Like everything you said.

I always thought the perfect spot for a stadium at Drumlins would be where the 2nd and 3rd holes are. Plenty of room for parking and wouldn't be in the way of the east course.

There's no business case for that. There isn't any entity, school, state, fundraising, business that is going to sink a minimum of $500M to build a stadium on south campus.

The only thing that would have potenitally made sense was in inner harbor area leveraging the Destiny project, as it was originally intended with multiple hotels. But in this day and economy Syracuse NY is not going to become a player in the convention business.

That's more of a Shelbyville idea.

You know what? You've got spunk.

you really dont want IPF, it takes forever to get rid of
agree... the new strains don't respond well to the antibiotics. I really don't understand why they keep saying the football players need an IPF. Nasty!

34741507.jpg

Feels like we've been played by someone... days are unproductive enough already without these shenanigans.

Please pardon the frustration.

So, are they holding the announcement for the Georgetown game?

agree... the new strains don't respond well to the antibiotics. I really don't understand why they keep saying the football players need an IPF. Nasty!
Take your IPF but adjust your dosage, bro.

This is the most reasonable idea. Build a multi-story addition to the west end, roofline flush with the current stadium rim. Add some seats up top; put a level of suites in beneath the second deck; add an expanded concourse with concessions and restrooms; have a grand entry and atrium opening onto Irving with expanded lockers, press space, and loading docks on the bottom level.

And add an arch (indoors obviously) to simulate Archbold.