ing Cincinnati can't throw the ball in the ocean... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ing Cincinnati can't throw the ball in the ocean...

I always like it when they shoot it like that (with a lot of arc) instead of the hard line drive. I'm a pretty phenomenal free throw shooter to begin with:) , but I can shoot it an easy 20 feet in the air and hit the rim every time. It may go in more than the line drive, but it would give your big men plenty of time to push the other team under the rim.
That landed like one of my wedges...

I agree with Bilas that much of the differecne is that we were flat-footed on defesne in the firs thalf last night and Lousiville is all voer them tonight. That's not 100% of it but it's a big part of it.

Our team has four problems right now, three of which are correctable:

1) We have no power forward and good rebounding teams can dominate us on the board more than we can make up for it with blocks and steals.

2) We have been shooting the ball poorly for some time now, although our nubmers were good lasty night. I think desparation causes players to just shoot and not think about it. As I said before, hopefully the muscle memory kicks in.

3) Scoop is back in the mode of thinking that he's got to do it by himself. That's basically waht "Bad Scoop" is. He shouldn't be challenged to "step up'. He needs to be told to calm down and realize that his job is to run the offense and take advantage of opportunities when they present themselves, not go one on four on a fast break.

4) Our defesne has fallen off down the stretch. It was awful in the first half vs. Cincy but even in the second half and other games it's not producing the steals and blocks and fast breaks it once did when we were dominating teams. I'd like to see the press used more proactively, as it was being used earlier in the season. But the big thing is that we aren't playing the zone as aggreessively as we were. Where are the traps, the tipped balls, the action out front, the blocks and the steals? We were getitng 15-20 fast break points per game. We got 2 vs. Cincy.

#1 Isn't walking through that door but we've done #2-4 before this year and need to do it again to go deep in the tournament.

Throw in the fact that we've removed the center as an option on offense (thus bogging down everything in the halfcourt) over the past month and you've got it covered.

These things can be fixed; we'll see if they are.

Why does everybody say that Scoop is trying to do too much. Actually, it's just the opposite. He's not being aggressive looking for his shot or getting into the lane. He's just hanging out on the perimeter. He's got to play a lot more agressive which will also open things up for his teammates.

i tell ya, im starting to think JB tanked that one. he let them play. they sucked. now they will listen to him again.

Why does everybody say that Scoop is trying to do too much. Actually, it's just the opposite. He's not being aggressive looking for his shot or getting into the lane. He's just hanging out on the perimeter. He's got to play a lot more agressive which will also open things up for his teammates.

The one-on-three last night was an example of trying to do too much. A couple of his three-point attempts have been, too.

Really, though, he's been so ineffective in the last three games that Boeheim has limited his minutes (and the potential damage). Scoop needs to focus on three things: defense first, distributing second, and driving third. Shooting 22-footers shouldn't even be a consideration.

1) We have no power forward and good rebounding teams can dominate us on the board more than we can make up for it with blocks and steals.

I agree with this statement the most. I think our best rebounding team is Scoop-Waiters-C.J. Fair-Christmas-Melo. We need to think about using this lineup at the end of games with leads to get rebounds.

Cincy has missed a TON of wide open 3 pointers tonight. It has nothing to do with the defense at all. Last nights wide open 3's went down, tonight's wide open 3's do not. simple as that.

Cincy has missed a TON of wide open 3 pointers tonight. It has nothing to do with the defense at all. Last nights wide open 3's went down, tonight's wide open 3's do not. simple as that.
Yea but Ville focused on stopping them from the start which never allowed Cinci to get in rhythm.

No we didn't play good defense last night. But several of cincy's 3s in the first half tonight were just as uncontested as those they had last night. 0-9 tonight vs 9-11 last night.
They had their game of the year last night plain and simple. hats off to them, I guess.

Someone slips and falls down every 5 seconds...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom