Inside Lacrosse Recruit Rankings 2018-19 | Syracusefan.com

Inside Lacrosse Recruit Rankings 2018-19

Rest of Top 100 is listed here -

Inside Lacrosse - Rankinglist

35. Graham Blake | A | Marin Catholic High School | Syracuse
39. Camden Hay | A | Victor High School | Syracuse
52. Marquez White | M | Poway High School | Syracuse

All 8 of the Terps 2020 early recruits are in Inside Lacrosse's top 60.
5 of Syracuse's 2020 early recruits are in Inside Lacrosse's top 60.
One can see how ER can hurt a team.

Dartmouth Twitter has posted a photo of the top 100 incoming freshmen:
Griffin Cook is #25

Jeez Leveandowski fell farther then Matt Patricia and the Lions.
Precipitous drop but noticed Zawada rose . These rankings tend to get the top twenty five or so right , beyond that a few hundred unranked kids can be as good or better than a ranked one but simply has not frequently attended and be seen much at all these pay for play events. Might as well hand UNC or UVA the title every year if you go off these.

I'm not worried about JJ kids good he just had to adjust to the level of competition at IMG. He's gonna be fine. Can't teach his speed. Next year he'll be back up. Zawada is way too high at 37. These ratings only can tell you so much.

Curious as to why you are down on Zawada? I am by no means an expert but thought he looked good on the tape that I saw and it seemed like he performed well in big games for the Hill. Thanks for the insight.

can anyone blow that up to actually read it?

Yeah. I did it on firefox.
You need to go to the twitter post. Right click on the image of the top 100, then click on "view image" from the menu. Then press "Ctrl" and "+" to increase the size of the image, till I could barely read it.
As you see I listed Cook as #25.

I guess we can be sad together, as the Terps highest ranked recruit for 2019 is Logan McNaney at #43. The Terps do have 6 guys in the top 100. Still, as you and I know, our teams need some top guys to fight at the top.

Ty Xander is apparently rating some guys outside the top 100 as 4 star recruits. If you click on the Syracuse team page:
Syracuse-2019 - College Team | Inside Lacrosse
You will notice that he also considers Harrison and Donnelly as 4-star recruits for 2019. Ty Xanders does seem to name a large number of 4-star recruits beyond the top 100, Danny Maltz and Ryan Syracusa are both 4-star recruits for the Terps.

I sort of a note a little prejudice against Long Island in the rankings these day. While certainly there are a lot of good players around the country, still if you get a top guy from Long Island, particularly from a skill position like attack, FO, or goalie, that is still pretty good.

Zawada was just named the mvp of that prep school tournament that featured large numbers of top recruits for 2018 and 2019. Including many in the top 20. It honestly seems almost all of the guys they really hype up are from those prep schools. He has elite speed but it is also coupled with excellent finesse and finishing ability due to some experience in the indoor game and learning the Canadian style of play at the Hill Academy. He should be way higher than 37 and certainly not lower than that. Come on now.

I guess we can be sad together, as the Terps highest ranked recruit for 2019 is Logan McNaney at #43. The Terps do have 6 guys in the top 100. Still, as you and I know, our teams need some top guys to fight at the top.

Ty Xander is apparently rating some guys outside the top 100 as 4 star recruits. If you click on the Syracuse team page:
Syracuse-2019 - College Team | Inside Lacrosse
You will notice that he also considers Harrison and Donnelly as 4-star recruits for 2019. Ty Xanders does seem to name a large number of 4-star recruits beyond the top 100, Danny Maltz and Ryan Syracusa are both 4-star recruits for the Terps.

I sort of a note a little prejudice against Long Island in the rankings these day. While certainly there are a lot of good players around the country, still if you get a top guy from Long Island, particularly from a skill position like attack, FO, or goalie, that is still pretty good.

I try not to pay too much attention to what Ty Xanders thinks or where he rates a kid that he may only see once or twice - easy to fall in love with a kid who has great stats. Almost no one has done a better job collecting 4 and 5 star kids in recent years than Virginia and they haven't had a decent team since 2012. No identity. Guys like Dylan Donahue get branded as mediocre coming out of high school by the 'experts' all the time.

The question really is whether their particular skill set, character, style of play, demeanor, etc is a good fit for your program?

Or, In my case, what does Tillman really think of his recruits, or in your case what does Desko really think of his recruits?
Did Tillman get enough of the recruits he really wanted? If Tillman thought one of his recruits was a top 20 type guy, while Ty Xanders had him out at #50, who would care about Ty Xanders.
Unfortunately, Tillman and Desko don't make their views public.

On big difference between now and 10+ years ago, is there is a lot more video up on the internet of recruits, allowing one to make up his own opinion on recruits.

Or, In my case, what does Tillman really think of his recruits, or in your case what does Desko really think of his recruits?
Did Tillman get enough of the recruits he really wanted? If Tillman thought one of his recruits was a top 20 type guy, while Ty Xanders had him out at #50, who would care about Ty Xanders.
Unfortunately, Tillman and Desko don't make their views public.

On big difference between now and 10+ years ago, is there is a lot more video up on the internet of recruits, allowing one to make up his own opinion on recruits.

Although Xanders give us a good bench mark he is only as good as the tournaments he attends and the games he sees. I also believe he is often biased based on the clubs many of these kids play. However, I do believe that some of these rankings are legit.

We seem to have guys every year that go from unnoticed to big contributors to Cuse. Wasn't Joel White a walk on? What about Salcido? Kevin Rice told me several years that the only reason he was recruited was because they were scouting Donahue and thought he could be good. Maybe all of these are diamonds in the rough but I believe our coaches do have the ability to develop talent.

I've been able to see many of 19's play. Although I don't believe this class is as deep as others I do believe we have some players that we could be talking about years from now. FWIW: I've never seen Rosa, Aviles, or Stirpe play

I personally believe Zawada is going to be difference maker; JJ's speed can't be coached and he has a wicked shot from deep; Donnelly has an incredible lax IQ and a great finisher; Lee is a huge presence down low and has great footwork; Clary is a ground ball machine, will take on anyone and is just a Blue Collar player that just scraps; and Page is an absolute beast that I believe will end up playing close.

We also have a few good goalies in this class. Harrison looks great and is very athletic. Ulmer is also crazy athletic. Both have potential to to be incredible goalies.

What I don't see in this class are any solid FOGO's. Regardless of my thoughts you just never know these guys hearts and how hard they'll work when they get to Cuse.

Although Xanders give us a good bench mark he is only as good as the tournaments he attends and the games he sees. I also believe he is often biased based on the clubs many of these kids play. However, I do believe that some of these rankings are legit.

We seem to have guys every year that go from unnoticed to big contributors to Cuse. Wasn't Joel White a walk on? What about Salcido? Kevin Rice told me several years that the only reason he was recruited was because they were scouting Donahue and thought he could be good. Maybe all of these are diamonds in the rough but I believe our coaches do have the ability to develop talent.

I've been able to see many of 19's play. Although I don't believe this class is as deep as others I do believe we have some players that we could be talking about years from now. FWIW: I've never seen Rosa, Aviles, or Stirpe play

I personally believe Zawada is going to be difference maker; JJ's speed can't be coached and he has a wicked shot from deep; Donnelly has an incredible lax IQ and a great finisher; Lee is a huge presence down low and has great footwork; Clary is a ground ball machine, will take on anyone and is just a Blue Collar player that just scraps; and Page is an absolute beast that I believe will end up playing close.

We also have a few good goalies in this class. Harrison looks great and is very athletic. Ulmer is also crazy athletic. Both have potential to to be incredible goalies.

What I don't see in this class are any solid FOGO's. Regardless of my thoughts you just never know these guys hearts and how hard they'll work when they get to Cuse.

Joel White was an Under Armour AA. Rated #29 by IL.

Curious as to why you are down on Zawada? I am by no means an expert but thought he looked good on the tape that I saw and it seemed like he performed well in big games for the Hill. Thanks for the insight.
Zawada was just named the mvp of that prep school tournament that featured large numbers of top recruits for 2018 and 2019. Including many in the top 20. It honestly seems almost all of the guys they really hype up are from those prep schools. He has elite speed but it is also coupled with excellent finesse and finishing ability due to some experience in the indoor game and learning the Canadian style of play at the Hill Academy. He should be way higher than 37 and certainly not lower than that. Come on now.
Fellas I'm sorry for the confusion I love Zawada me saying he was ranked too high I'm saying it like 37 is higher than 1 I think he's the best player in 2019. I think he should be rated at least in the top ten. My bad rereading it I see how it made it seem I didn't like him.

You learn something every day! I read an article where he talked about being a walk on at Cuse a year or so back.
I know he slightly considered walking onto the basketball team. He and Triche used to go at it in high school. White certainly held his own. Kid was an athletic freak.

Interesting to hear that from Kevin. He ended up a top 50 kid (48), maybe he was bumped after he committed? Apparently he was a very good soccer player too and could have played D1. That recruiting class was well rounded although not a lot of the talent developed. Rice was by far the best player, and an all-timer. Be great to be able to find those diamonds more often!

2011 Men's Power 100 Freshmen Rankings

15. Thomas Grimm, Attack/Midfield, Carthage (N.Y.), Syracuse
18. Bobby Wardwell, Goal, Shenendehowa (N.Y.), Syracuse
23. Mike Daniello, Attack, John Jay-Cross River (N.Y.), Johns Hopkins (transferred to cuse, never played)
32. Matt Walters, Midfield, Haverford School (Pa.), Syracuse
38. Brandon Mullins, Defense, Coppell (Texas), Syracuse
48. Kevin Rice, Attack, Skaneateles (N.Y.), Syracuse
52. Ralph D'Agostino, Defense, Immaculata (N.J.), Syracuse
62. Bobby Tait, Defense, Germantown Academy (Pa.), Syracuse
76. Brenny Daly, Midfield, McDonogh (Md.), Syracuse
99. Mike Messina, Midfield, Aquinas Institute (N.Y.), Syracuse