Inside the Dome | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Inside the Dome

To do it right you need designated section people to lead and start cheers off coordinating the sections. People train easily so over time it will be automatic.

It would be cool, with input, advice and participation of the tribe, to use a traditional Gana'dagwëni:io'geh chants

Last edited:
I’ve advocated for an ORANGE! ...MEN! call and answer chant before. This is way better than the C-U-S-E thing and it doesn’t matter if the university doesn’t approve.

Last edited:
Iceland

That would be amazing to do before players take the field.

But can’t see it happening.

Too many opponents fans to disrupt. And we serve alcohol.

Maybe for a basketball game.

Would be cool though.

Does having a bunch of forced chants make for a better atmosphere? I don’t think so. I’m good with “let’s Go Orange!” Why do we need 5 different chants? They killed off other cool things that used to be done, like the tomahawk chop on kickoffs. Maybe just bring back things that are actual traditions, instead of trying to force new ones.

Otherwise, I think the Dome upgrades can improve the atmosphere if they use things right. They should be able to come up with a great entrance.

It’s really tough to start a new tradition/cheer without it being corny.
Stealing other schools chant and starting it here will pretty much guarantee it feels inauthentic.
We need something original and cool.

Please not Thunderstruck. It’s a tired song. If we’re going older, there are better songs, but I don’t want to derail the thread.

Orangejet I would rather see the band go all “Show Band” style like the HBCUs and crush a battle of the bands.
How about this song instead. Perfect lyrics anyway.

Does having a bunch of forced chants make for a better atmosphere? I don’t think so. I’m good with “let’s Go Orange!” Why do we need 5 different chants? They killed off other cool things that used to be done, like the tomahawk chop on kickoffs. Maybe just bring back things that are actual traditions, instead of trying to force new ones.

Otherwise, I think the Dome upgrades can improve the atmosphere if they use things right. They should be able to come up with a great entrance.
So, once something has been done, nothing new can be done in it's place?
All traditions have a start.

It’s really tough to start a new tradition/cheer without it being corny.
Stealing other schools chant and starting it here will pretty much guarantee it feels inauthentic.
We need something original and cool.
Like clapping before the first basket? Stolen.

The crowd should just do the wave the entire game
Stolen.
I always preferred the reverse wave. Everyone starts by standing, then sits and rises section by section.

Well, while WHOSE HOUSE? OUR HOUSE! has technically been done elsewhere - I’m sure that if we took that and ran with it, the fans would 144% be into it.

On the way out of the Camping World Bowl and hanging out afterwards, I screamed what little was left of my voice hoarse by leading
WHOSE HOUSE?
OUR HOUSE!!
cheers with all the Cuse fans walking by.

And at this point, they kinda gotta happen organically and with a reason.

Just telling people “hey, we’re going to yell this and it will be really cool!” isn’t gonna work.

“Whose house, our house” could take off because there’s a reason for it.

Since most of our stuff is stolen ideas anyway, let’s just play this after TDs, play it right through the XP and end it on the kick.

If every 18 & 19 year old isn’t up and dancing the whole time, well I just give up...

My boys are 16 and 14. They love that song. But they also pretty much live, breathe and play hockey.

Since most of our stuff is stolen ideas anyway, let’s just play this after TDs, play it right through the XP and end it on the kick.

If every 18 & 19 year old isn’t up and dancing the whole time, well I just give up...

From a 21 year old, be prepared to just give up

What are the long term traditions? Why didn't the crowds back in the 50s and 60s when we were good do anything that carried on to today? Any oldtimers want to weigh in?

This post made my weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom