Inside the Dome | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Inside the Dome

Well, while WHOSE HOUSE? OUR HOUSE! has technically been done elsewhere - I’m sure that if we took that and ran with it, the fans would 144% be into it.

While it has worked, and will continue to work as long as WE keep it going, we cannot “take off and run with it” in a marketing sense as it is owned by another university.

What are the long term traditions? Why didn't the crowds back in the 50s and 60s when we were good do anything that carried on to today? Any oldtimers want to weigh in?
From one 60's oldtimer: the Saltine Warrior, cannon after scores, fraternities, sororities, and dorms sitting together, a card section that would create pictures/words (for you young whippersnappers, think a placard version of "Cameron Crazies"), now politically incorrect chants that were takeoffs on Pitt. :p

So last year. It’s all about Old Town Road, now!
its not even last year.. my kid was watching baby shark garbage endlessly 6 years ago. I was baffled to see people start doing it last year like it was a new craze. Made me want to dive head first off the 3rd tier.

its not even last year.. my kid was watching baby shark garbage endlessly 6 years ago. I was baffled to see people start doing it last year like it was a new craze. Made me want to dive head first off the 3rd tier.
The one nice thing about getting old is that I had never heard of this until I saw it at the Dome last year. :p

I know which side of the field Millhouse and I are sitting on.
I’ve advocated for an ORANGE! ...MEN! call and answer chant before. This is way better than the C-U-S-E thing and it doesn’t matter if the university doesn’t approve.
Even better, our new Chancellor could reinstate the OrangeMEN and OrangeWOMEN instead of the incredibly stupid, politically correct ORANGE. Acknowledging that we have both men and women athletes like other schools do is appropriate. Besides I hate being called an fruit! :mad:

It was touched on in the last page, but safe standing and a wall similar to what they have in Dortmund would be awesome. Getting rigs to set up student Tifos would also be pretty unique in the NCAA too.

(I know we wouldn’t need 24K for it though...)

They played it during the Louisville game and it was LIT
Im at every game. I witnessed that embarrassment. Do us all a favor and stop saying LIT going forward.

Maybe low hanging and obvious, but why not “King in the North!” and other GoT themes. Can’t say it’s another school’s.

This
Dwight FreeneyBlue.png

It was touched on in the last page, but safe standing and a wall similar to what they have in Dortmund would be awesome. Getting rigs to set up student Tifos would also be pretty unique in the NCAA too.

(I know we wouldn’t need 24K for it though...)
25,000 crazed fans, jumping up and and down -all on a single level- looked pretty cool. Seems they choreograph a bunch of stuff, too. We don't have the single terrace, but we ARE right on top of the players. If only we had 25,000 crazed drunk fans ...ohh wait ...

I was at a ManCity game in April. Very cool. Lots of signing, and everyone sang.
No pop tunes, just team songs.
There was a "Let's go City" chant, as well.

O-R-A-N-G-E ORANGE!!!!!

(Chanted in the same cadence as the iconic E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES! cheer heard everywhere in Philadelphia).

Is there a Soccer / NFL / NHL tradition from another team that you guys haven't tried to rip off yet?

Maybe we should play "Shipping Up To Boston" before every kickoff, and "Chelsea Dagger" after every score?

Is there a Soccer / NFL / NHL tradition from another team that you guys haven't tried to rip off yet?

I have no problem with stealing a tradition if it works and is not to cliche' , Standing and clapping was practiced by the Lobos before we did it. Just come up with something to work the crowd into a frenzy. I doubt it will be to difficult on days like Sept 14th 2019. the Holy Cross type games a little more challenging.

I was at a ManCity game in April. Very cool. Lots of signing, and everyone sang.
No pop tunes, just team songs.
There was a "Let's go City" chant, as well.
A lot of deaf people in attendance?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom