interesting article on Rak and DC2 | Syracusefan.com

interesting article on Rak and DC2

By Donna D.

Link

I would love for them to RS BMK
I don't like the idea of RSing BMK. BMK is a true center and a quality backup. SU wants either Rak or DC2 to be able to play PF. Very few teams would have the 6'9" beef at PF that SU might be able to throw out there. That is the ideal situation, and in that ideal situation you would want a backup center and that would be BMK. It could be like having RJ and AO and having a backup center.

Secondly, I like the idea of Obokoh coming here. If Obie comes here, I would prefer he RS for his frosh year while BMK is a senior. Then the beat could go on for the best quality depth at center SU has ever had.

And third, are our memories really that short that we have forgotten about the possibility of one of our centers having some late season difficulties? This isn't our 5th guard, this is our 3rd center we're talking about (jr BMK >>> fr Riley). And our junior BMK could start for about half the Big East teams this year. I know this quality depth concept is relatively new at SU, but please, now that we are finally getting it lets not take it away preseason.

If someone gets hurt you can always pull the RS and BMK will be practicing with the team the whole time anyway. It's not like Riley who was a rookie in 2010 BMK can play but he didn't put on any weight this summer I would like to see him take a year to gain muscle. James and CJ are going to eat up most of the minutes at forward so there will be plenty of minutes at center for both Rak and CJ. Lastly RSing BMK doesn't prevent us from taking Obokoh who seems to be more of a project than BMK was and may need more than a RS year to get ready.

Cool article. It sounds like they will get a lot of time on the floor together and apart. JB thinks they can both play the 5 or the 4, but I'm still a little concerned about these guys getting out and covering the wing.

However, I am very excited about the rebounding potential, the potential-to-dominate that I see in Coleman, and the nastiness these two will bring to the paint. Bring the nasty!

If someone gets hurt you can always pull the RS and BMK will be practicing with the team the whole time anyway. It's not like Riley who was a rookie in 2010 BMK can play but he didn't put on any weight this summer I would like to see him take a year to gain muscle.
I don't really see Baye gaining much muscle weight, maybe 10 pounds at the most.

I don't really see Baye gaining much muscle weight, maybe 10 pounds at the most.

I'm not sold on the idea of Baye RSing only if Rak and DC2 prove that they can play 25mins a game each, but if they can why not RS Baye? I don't want him to kill a year of eligibility if he is only playing mop up minutes.

Waiting for Bees, Jake, Orangeyes, cto, someone to chime in and say no way Baye will redshirt.
I can't see it.

Yeah, I don't see Keita redshirting. We're going to need him.

We may be in the very enviable position of being able to run waves of quality forwards and centers at the opponent.

I'm not sold on the idea of Baye RSing only if Rak and DC2 prove that they can play 25mins a game each, but if they can why not RS Baye? I don't want him to kill a year of eligibility if he is only playing mop up minutes.
You don't want to RS Baye because you want the team to be able to play either Rak or DC2 minutes at the PF. If that happens, as SU fans hope, then there are minutes for BMK. If you could get 15-20 minutes of DC2 and Rak out there together that would mean you would have 55-60 minutes of time to account for out of the bigs. In that case SU would need BMK.

SU has just positioned itself to reap the benefits of a year invested in training a McD AA center to play PF. DC2 and Rak together on the floor has the potential of being a matchup nightmare for other teams. What are they going to do when SU comes at them with two McD bigs on the floor at the same time. I think that will be the very first dilemma teams will face. By RSing BMK you would be eliminating/severely reducing that stategic weapon from JBs arsenal. Why would you want to limit that possibility?

You don't want to RS Baye because you want the team to be able to play either Rak or DC2 minutes at the PF. If that happens, as SU fans hope, then there are minutes for BMK. If you could get 15-20 minutes of DC2 and Rak out there together that would mean you would have 55-60 minutes of time to account for out of the bigs. In that case SU would need BMK.

SU has just positioned itself to reap the benefits of a year invested in training a McD AA center to play PF. DC2 and Rak together on the floor has the potential of being a matchup nightmare for other teams. What are they going to do when SU comes at them with two McD bigs on the floor at the same time. I think that will be the very first dilemma teams will face. By RSing BMK you would be eliminating/severely reducing that stategic weapon from JBs arsenal. Why would you want to limit that possibility?

I don't want them on the floor together that many minutes. I think CJ and James on the floor together is more dynamic on offense and both of them are great at the wings if the zone. I like the option of playing DC2 and Rak together but 10mins is enough for me and that is primarily for rebounding. The reason I would not RS Baye is if DC2 and Rak weren't ready for 25mins each a game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom