Interesting quote by Frank | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Interesting quote by Frank

we were down 20, scored 11 to get back in the game and were 0-4 from 3 in that streak, then we had the F1, missed a FT and the shot that followed and what could have been 7-8 pt game and lots of energy was followed by another 11 min stretch of not making any open shots.

but again you cant have more TOs than makes in a half and expect any good things when so many TOs were just us being bad.

I mean he can’t say too much about the players. They were better than us tonight maybe but he can’t say they are better than us period. He’s not going to be like Robinson shoots better than me. Nickiel Alexander is going lotto while Tyus will be lucky to go late 2nd. Etc etc.

Also Frankie would do very well if he got to play for a foul every possession and make the refs call it coach. He already gets a ton of steals he’d get way more in a system like Buzz or Pitino play. Both years he’s been a starter he’s had no backup and has to be super careful not to mention plays in a zone.

Honestly, this was probably Frank throwing a subtle jab at the VT players. Player for player, we're better than they are but they had a good gameplan that won't work next time.

I don't disagree with the jab, if that's what it was. The VT players were not overly impressive and haven't been impressive over the last few years.

Honestly, this was probably Frank throwing a subtle jab at the VT players. Player for player, we're better than they are but they had a good gameplan that won't work next time.

I don't disagree with the jab, if that's what it was. The VT players were not overly impressive and haven't been impressive over the last few years.

I don't think I agree with this. I'd take Robinson over Howard in a New York minute.

I don't think I agree with this. I'd take Robinson over Howard in a New York minute.

Me too. I just wouldn't take any of VT's other 4 starters over ours, as flawed as ours are.

JB basically tossed the towel into the ring when he brought in buddy and carey with time on the clock.

we call those mop up minutes. i'm sure jalen carey was thrilled to run with the scrubs. curious that buddy was able to play minutes and get over his atrocious shooting woes but jalen is too iffy turnover wise to play.

we call those mop up minutes. i'm sure jalen carey was thrilled to run with the scrubs. curious that buddy was able to play minutes and get over his atrocious shooting woes but jalen is too iffy turnover wise to play.
Neither played before the outcome of the game was 99.99% certain.

He certainly did. I was wondering if people were still discussing the Va Tech game I was so confused.

Unfortunately were in the #fakenews age in sports where people can outright lie and people actually believe it. Unreal.

You guys are right, Carey did play in the first half. My brain is fried. I was thinking about the second half and when they played.

To be fair, I don't think the announcers acknowledged he was on the court in the first half or barely did.

If you listen to the full interview he sounds like a very mature young man who also said our coaches did a great job scouting but it’s tough when you have just 1 day.

Absolutely.

However, the one thing he said at the end though about "hopefully seeing them again," I'll say no thank-you. I don't want to see any team that puts that kind of hounding ball pressure on Frank. Typically, he doesn't play well when this happens and he immensely struggles with his handle and generally has more turnovers, etc. in these type games. Additionally, it seems against these hounding ball pressure teams, we really struggle to get into our offensive sets, or any semblance of one.

Absolutely.

However, the one thing he said at the end though about "hopefully seeing them again," I'll say no thank-you. I don't want to see any team that puts that kind of hounding ball pressure on Frank. Typically, he doesn't play well when this happens and he immensely struggles with his handle and generally has more turnovers, etc. in these type games. Additionally, it seems against these hounding ball pressure teams, we really struggle to get into our offensive sets, or any semblance of one.

Except he didn’t struggle against their ball pressure unless you’re saying the turnover where he got mugged was struggling.

Except he didn’t struggle against their ball pressure unless you’re saying the turnover where he got mugged was struggling.

Okay. Maybe, just as you thought "you were seeing things" relative to Frank/anyone getting a hand in Robinson's face the other night, I'm seeing things myself in regards to his ball handling struggles that game. His ball handling struggles does not have to be simply turnovers, it can also be relative contributors to not getting our O into solid offensive sets, etc. Are you saying the turnover where he got called for a carry was the mugging event?

Last edited:
Okay. Maybe, just as you thought "you were seeing things" relative to Frank/anyone getting a hand in Robinson's face the other night, I'm seeing things myself in regards to his ball handling struggles that game. His ball handling struggles does not have to be simply turnovers, they can also be relative to getting our O into solid offensive sets, etc. Are you saying the turnover where he got called for a carry was the mugging event?

No

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom