Interesting Tidbit on tickets | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Interesting Tidbit on tickets

i'm compelled to make this point everytime it comes up. the amount of traffic has a little something to do with the the amount of people.

there's no traffic in syracuse, the place should be packed! never mind that there's no traffic in syracuse because there are no people in syracuse

People use parking and traffic as an excuse to not come. They also use the age of the Dome and the metal benches as excuses. All of those excuses are utter crap, is my point.

People use parking and traffic as an excuse to not come. They also use the age of the Dome and the metal benches as excuses. All of those excuses are utter crap, is my point.

And my real point is that there are many fanbases that don't need ice cream socials and pony rides to get them to come to a game.

No, you use it as an excuse for why boston fans are so great. attendance was good in Boston even there was a lot of traffic due to the millions of people in Boston who could go to games! there's no traffic in oneonta, maybe they should have a pro team, it would be a piece of cake for people to go. you guys hear a couple syracuse people gripe about the traffic and you extrapolate it way too far. there aren't that many people and the product stinks. lousy product in a small market and the marketing gurus instead try to read everyone's mind.

There are easier ways to fill the Dome, like running buses and doing more advertising in Binghamton, Watertown, Utica, Rochester, Buffalo and Albany. We've never done a great job of that. Plus let's get bus service going from area malls like they do for the Fair.

There were several TV and radio ads for the RU game on the air in ROC last week. Almost as much air time as Billy, Matt, and Caroline.

No, you use it as an excuse for why boston fans are so great. attendance was good in Boston even there was a lot of traffic due to the millions of people in Boston who could go to games! there's no traffic in oneonta, maybe they should have a pro team, it would be a piece of cake for people to go. you guys hear a couple syracuse people gripe about the traffic and you extrapolate it way too far. there aren't that many people and the product stinks. lousy product in a small market and the marketing gurus instead try to read everyone's mind.

Nope. My point is that people in other markets care more about certain teams than CNY cares about Orange football. That's it.

CNY clearly cares a lot about SU hoops, because people make the effort to pack the Dome in the dead of winter.

And the whole thing was a question to Bees about what SU could do more to attract these fans who clearly don't care.