Internicola | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Internicola

So, where the hell are all the Rutgers fans? Usually 10 minutes don't go by before something like this is unchallenged. This was more than 48 hours ago.

RU is having a tough recruiting year. They lost their head coach and were forced to hire as a replacement a failed dimwit because of money constraints. They lost almost their entire staff and had to hire on the cheap with mostly fired incompetent BC coaches. As has been well documented, the new staff has gotten throttled trying to recruit NJ this year. And of course, relegation has taken a toll as well.

All the momentum from a strong class last year is gone.

They are reduced now to taking players like this, a basketball player who hasn't played football in 3 years.

Linkage

Are you all spending a week together in Seaside Heights? Who's turn is it to patrol the internet, looking for sleights?

Storm damage? DNSChanger?
I'm worried something terrible has happened to all the RU fans :oops:

So, where the hell are all the Rutgers fans? Usually 10 minutes don't go by before something like this is unchallenged. This was more than 48 hours ago.

Are you all spending a week together in Seaside Heights? Who's turn is it to patrol the internet, looking for sleights?

Storm damage? DNSChanger?
I'm worried something terrible has happened to all the RU fans :oops:

I was just near Seaside. Didn't see too many scarlet letters, but I never do...so who knows?

RU is having a tough recruiting year. They lost their head coach and were forced to hire as a replacement a failed dimwit because of money constraints. They lost almost their entire staff and had to hire on the cheap with mostly fired incompetent BC coaches. As has been well documented, the new staff has gotten throttled trying to recruit NJ this year. And of course, relegation has taken a toll as well.

All the momentum from a strong class last year is gone.

They are reduced now to taking players like this, a basketball player who hasn't played football in 3 years.

Linkage
Loss of momentum -- at this time last year, Rutgers had 8 commits; this year, same point, 14. You can debate track athletes turning into football players, but they have done OK in numbers -- despite turnover in staff.

At this time last year, Marrone had 12 commits; this year, 7. Hope we can find some momentum this week. We wouldn't need to discuss the RU recruits if we had some commits of our own.

Loss of momentum -- at this time last year, Rutgers had 8 commits; this year, same point, 14. You can debate track athletes turning into football players, but they have done OK in numbers -- despite turnover in staff.

At this time last year, Marrone had 12 commits; this year, 7. Hope we can find some momentum this week. We wouldn't need to discuss the RU recruits if we had some commits of our own.

Well he is being discussed because supposedly we offered ... of course all it takes is one comment about recruiting NJ and the whole thread just went in the wrong direction ... not that this kid is even from NJ ... but hey ... who cares LOL

They have quantity this year but not quality. There has been a major dropoff in quality.

The reason they had relatively few commits early last year was because there were involved with a lot of 4 star type recruits that were not deciding until late in the recruiting process. They waited for them and landed their fair share of them.

Most of the best players from NJ have already verbaled elsewhere or eliminated RU. They can't do what they did last year and are being forced to load up on projects and 2 and 3 star type recruits.

They have quantity this year but not quality. There has been a major dropoff in quality.

The reason they had relatively few commits early last year was because there were involved with a lot of 4 star type recruits that were not deciding until late in the recruiting process. They waited for them and landed their fair share of them.

Most of the best players from NJ have already verbaled elsewhere or eliminated RU. They can't do what they did last year and are being forced to load up on projects and 2 and 3 star type recruits.

Tomcat is spot on, if you read the RU Rivals board there are some posters who are sounding the alarm despite the spin from most of them. For Flood this literally could end up being a make or break year, with a relatively easy OOC save for Arkansas RU could have an 8-4 type of year which he desperately needs because as Tomcat noted RU has been throttled in NJ this year by Penn State and a host of others.

Tomcat is spot on, if you read the RU Rivals board there are some posters who are sounding the alarm despite the spin from most of them. For Flood this literally could end up being a make or break year, with a relatively easy OOC save for Arkansas RU could have an 8-4 type of year which he desperately needs because as Tomcat noted RU has been throttled in NJ this year by Penn State and a host of others.

8-4? lol you're not as optimistic as most of their posters who are projecting 10-2 minimum.

8-4? lol you're not as optimistic as most of their posters who are projecting 10-2 minimum.

LOL with that OOC schedule they should be 4-1 at the worst. There catching a huge break with WVU gone because they havent beaten them since 93 or something crazy like that. The key games for them will be Pitt, South Florida, and Uconn. I dont see them beating Lville or Cincy if Cincy can get anything out of the QB position. Id like to say we will win but I want to see where we are injury wise after our gauntlet of an OOC.

LOL with that OOC schedule they should be 4-1 at the worst. There catching a huge break with WVU gone because they havent beaten them since 93 or something crazy like that. The key games for them will be Pitt, South Florida, and Uconn. I dont see them beating Lville or Cincy if Cincy can get anything out of the QB position. Id like to say we will win but I want to see where we are injury wise after our gauntlet of an OOC.

To Tulane, Howard and Kent State: RU nation has one message for you...

149090919025_FIU_v_Rutges.JPG

will be very interesting to see how they do - there will be growing pains with an all new staff, but with their usual joke of a D1 schedule they will have some time to try to work out the kinks. SU has completely outplayed them every year since DM arrived, so I expect that to continue this season - just need a decent OL to emerge.

they still have a few past classes that were pretty good.their class this year looks more like ours have been.last years class for them would be hard to duplicate,given the coaching changes.i believe we need to crush them this year in order to re-establish in nj. if we are even that interested

they still have a few past classes that were pretty good.their class this year looks more like ours have been.last years class for them would be hard to duplicate,given the coaching changes.i believe we need to crush them this year in order to re-establish in nj. if we are even that interested

No doubt they have some talent there, I think if your looking at it from an SU fan perspective there is a small worry that maybe Flood is a better gameday coach then Schiano and could turn this into a pretty big year for RU based on there OOC and the overall weakness of the BE. That being said there QB situation is still a mess there RB's dont scare anyone and with Sanu gone who are they going to throw to when things get tight? As for us, our D has been great against Rutgers since Marrone took over we have really done a nice job against whatever offense they were running. However, save for the first game in the Dome our offensive performances against RU have left a lot to be desired especially in the passing game. I hope we can actually put up a couple touchdowns this year.

OK -- I buy that (without Schiano, RU may be losing the very best NJ prospects to top programs), but they are getting their numbers -- and several of those guys look a lot like the ones on our list.

The real question is how are we doing, with Marrone in his 4th year -- how many 3 star and 4 star recruits are we engaged with (almost no one from NJ)? If we have a flood of interest from GA, FL, Ohio, Michigan, NYS that would be fine . . . .

OK -- I buy that (without Schiano, RU may be losing the very best NJ prospects to top programs), but they are getting their numbers -- and several of those guys look a lot like the ones on our list.

The real question is how are we doing, with Marrone in his 4th year -- how many 3 star and 4 star recruits are we engaged with (almost no one from NJ)? If we have a flood of interest from GA, FL, Ohio, Michigan, NYS that would be fine . . . .

Its funny you should ask ... we have a recruiting database on this site (although a few updates are needed) that keep track of this very thing you ask ...

No doubt they have some talent there, I think if your looking at it from an SU fan perspective there is a small worry that maybe Flood is a better gameday coach then Schiano and could turn this into a pretty big year for RU based on there OOC and the overall weakness of the BE. That being said there QB situation is still a mess there RB's dont scare anyone and with Sanu gone who are they going to throw to when things get tight? As for us, our D has been great against Rutgers since Marrone took over we have really done a nice job against whatever offense they were running. However, save for the first game in the Dome our offensive performances against RU have left a lot to be desired especially in the passing game. I hope we can actually put up a couple touchdowns this year.

Yep and their offensive line is still a mess to. Plus a true freshman placekicker.

While the defensive personnel (and what they did last season) suggest they should have a stout defense, they are breaking in new coaches back there. New DC, new LB, new DL, etc, new schemes and new style. Flood has said he's going to continue the same defensive approach as Schiano but saying and doing are two different things. Schiano is a very good DC and his personality rubbed off on his defense.

Also, who the hell knows how Flood can manage an entire program. Schiano was a micro-manager. People say its going to be a refreshing change that with Schiano now gone Flood's looser style and non micro-managing will alone produce better results. Could be the complete opposite though. He could be Gump reincarnated; we've seen loose non-mircomanaging styles up close.

Its funny you should ask ... we have a recruiting database on this site (although a few updates are needed) that keep track of this very thing you ask ...

Yes -- of course. And using that info (or the Scout site) you can see that SUTomCat's remarks directed to RU apply to our wish lists as well. We are off to a slow start. Hope it turns soon.

Yep and their offensive line is still a mess to. Plus a true freshman placekicker.

While the defensive personnel (and what they did last season) suggest they should have a stout defense, they are breaking in new coaches back there. New DC, new LB, new DL, etc, new schemes and new style. Flood has said he's going to continue the same defensive approach as Schiano but saying and doing are two different things. Schiano is a very good DC and his personality rubbed off on his defense.

Also, who the hell knows how Flood can manage an entire program. Schiano was a micro-manager. People say its going to be a refreshing change that with Schiano now gone Flood's looser style and non micro-managing will alone produce better results. Could be the complete opposite though. He could be Gump reincarnated; we've seen loose non-mircomanaging styles up close.
very good points. flood unlike gump, is not new to the players he has been there a long time. ru defense should be excellent i doubt anything changes there scheme or otherwise. i am counting on our o-line and nassib and the receivers---i for some reason have discounted our run game. i also hope our defense has stepped up. i just don't see any durable credible running backs on our team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom