Interviews with several coaches have taken place | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Interviews with several coaches have taken place

I'm really hoping for Frost and not Babers. The recruiting aspect REALLY scares me with DB. It can be argues that Frost is starting off behind the 8 ball, being from the Pac NW region of the country, but I think his name recognition and association with Oregon (coupled with hiring the proper assistants with NE ties) can attenuate any of those concerns.

But the way these things tend to go, it may not be either guy.

How about shiano as special teams coach? Just stick him in a dark room and only let him out during practice.

just noticed that as well. He's job hunting...wants to be added to whatever staff comes here. Hope he sticks.

What are your thoughts Jake. Who do you think will be the next coach?

Mark Hudspeth

I am shocked he is on the list. The Cajuns vacated all their wins in 2011 with Hudspeth running the show. I would think Coyle would steer clear of anyone with major violations on their record

PhatOrange said:
Don't you know that recruits will line up to play for him at Syracuse? And don't worry that he doesn't play defense, nobody should care about that fact either.

You guys and the defense...

Babers can get thru a MAC interview by saying I'll get you 600 yards and 45 points, so even though you can't afford any D staff for me, I'll outscore opponents.

His interview with Coyle would go a little differently.

And it's not like Syracuse played any defense this year anyway.

Recruiting, I have no idea how that will go, I leave that to you guys.

He dropped out. Or so I thought.
Yep...I just looked it up. Dropped out after his Jr year to pursue comedy. Wise career choice ;-)

Chip said:
You guys and the defense... Babers can get thru a MAC interview by saying I'll get you 600 yards and 45 points, so even though you can't afford any D staff for me, I'll outscore opponents. His interview with Coyle would go a little differently. And it's not like Syracuse played any defense this year anyway. Recruiting, I have no idea how that will go, I leave that to you guys.

BC has the best defense in college football.

3-9.

I probably just jinxed things. I wrote up an article to have ready as soon as an announcement is made. I've officially put all of my eggs into a single basket.

If this one falls through, that's my bad guys.

I probably just jinxed things. I wrote up an article to have ready as soon as an announcement is made. I've officially put all of my eggs into a single basket.

Cough frost cough

You hear something?

Nothing new. Just the momentum continuing in that direction.

jekelish said:
I probably just jinxed things. I wrote up an article to have ready as soon as an announcement is made. I've officially put all of my eggs into a single basket. If this one falls through, that's my bad guys.

Just sell your piece to a blogger for the school that hires Frost. :)

Is your favorite winter character Santa or Jack Frost?

I bet you wrote an article that said Gerg had no chance at the job in early 2005. See what your evil power can do??!