Interviews with several coaches have taken place | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Interviews with several coaches have taken place

I bet you wrote an article that said Gerg had no chance at the job in early 2005. See what your evil power can do??!
I still remember when that hire was announced. It was like Bart Simpson hoping that Marge got him the video game he wanted for Christmas, only to see it was actually Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge, and trying to feign excitement.

Frankly, I think Oregon's success has more to do with Phil Knight than Scott Frost, a late-comer to an already successful program. The idea that frost will turn us into Oregon sounds like a fantasy.

That ain't happening, we just hope he can coach and recruit well enough to help Syracuse join the 21st century when it comes to college football. Top 25-30 would be a nice start.

Frankly, I think Oregon's success has more to do with Phil Knight than Scott Frost, a late-comer to an already successful program. The idea that frost will turn us into Oregon sounds like a fantasy.

I don't think that the majority here think that Frost will turn SU into Oregon east. He will bring the Oregon offense.

That ain't happening, we just hope he can coach and recruit well enough to help Syracuse join the 21st century when it comes to college football. Top 25-30 would be a nice start.
Yeah, I don't think anyone is expecting us to morph into Oregon. But definitely a more open, exciting offense is a nice start.

SWC75 said:

We should wait until a hire is made before we start building our straw men. ;)

I want an offense guy. I'd rather lose a game 52-45 than 17-10. High scoring games can help put fannies into the seats, and that is one thing that we need now.

I disagree. Next Straw Man up.
Reporting for duty:

scarecrow-wizard-of-oz.jpg

I remember when MacPherson was hired.

"WHO???"

Maybe it will be another "none of the above" situation.

If we can't be great, at least be entertaining. Entertaining will still draw fans while Frost builds up the right kind of recruiting classes.

Of course we're all acting like this is a done deal, which also might be fantasy.

You think Dave Warner will turn this place into Michigan St.?

If we win 52-45, I'll be happy. If we lose 52-45, I'm going to be pissed about the defense.

Even some of our opponents (fans) have noted that we have forfeited one of the only advantages we possess -- an indoor home environment in a southern conference where we can market ourselves as wide-open offense. It's time to correct that.

Please let that be recognized with this hire. We may not immediately get all the athletes we would like, but even a whiff on success in this format will, I believe, allow us to pull athletes we can not even imagine at this low ebb.

But, there are two clear frontrunners. I have to assume that Babers is the other candidate on campus, along with Frost, this weekend.
Concerns: Babers hasn't unpacked his bags since 1985, do we really want someone here for a year before he moves on? Frost, I don't see an eastern connection, plus no HC experience. Unless the dome goes into a reno for 2 years, I'd go Frost.

Yeah that's unfair to people who like the first idea. We could fall well short if Oregon and still be very happy with the hire

I know nothing special... I think it was page 3 of this thread plane from Portland landed at 5 am