Interviews with several coaches have taken place | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Interviews with several coaches have taken place

Bees said only 2 are interviewing today and they aren't Frost and Babers only 1 of them are on todays interview list. I assume that is Frost. Very interested who else is getting the interview today.
Your assumption would be correct

He's better than his predecessor - he did inherit a better situation though.
...and his current recruiting class is rated low because, to date, there are only 11 commits.

Btw, the BG roster is full of Florida recruits. I wonder how many he inherited -vs- recruited?

You think Dave Warner will turn this place into Michigan St.?

I think he's an SU grad with experience recruiting in the east who has been successful as a QB coach and OC. He's a Frost who makes more sense here.

I think he's an SU grad with experience recruiting in the east who has been successful as a QB coach and OC. He's a Frost who makes more sense here.

Other than running a pro style offense and never been even mentioned for a HC job other than here there's no difference.

He's a career position coach. There's nothing in his career path that says P5 HC. What evidence is there that Warner is any kind of recruiter.

John Reagan is more prepared, and I wouldn't want him other than OC/OL.

SWC75 said:

Who runs a pro-system. No thanks.

There is very little SU-Warner connection at this point. He graduated in 1982, and spent a year or two on Coach Mac's staff as a GA. He really has not been around SU since then. And the great majority of his coaching career has been spent outside the East.

Too bad...such a short life.

GIF-breaking-bad-cry-devastated-faint-OMG-shocked-surprised-Walter-White-GIF.gif

So its not money or continuing an effective offense. It's about geography

Millhouse said:
So its not money or continuing an effective offense. It's about geography

Anyone who has spent an hour in Syracuse should be strongly considered.

That's why I'm Dalai Lama or bust!

Well, maybe G Love with Special Sauce as his OC.

Anyone who has spent an hour in Syracuse should be strongly considered.

That's why I'm Dalai Lama or bust!

Well, maybe G Love with Special Sauce as his OC.
Well, he already has the paraphernalia
Dalai Lama SU - 2.jpg

Other than running a pro style offense and never been even mentioned for a HC job other than here there's no difference.

He's a career position coach. There's nothing in his career path that says P5 HC. What evidence is there that Warner is any kind of recruiter.

John Reagan is more prepared, and I wouldn't want him other than OC/OL.

The same thing could be said of Frost, except for the pro style offense. And if a pro-style offense works, who will complain about it?

And I didn't bring up Warner's name. That was in the article that started the speculation and also listed Frost, who seems to me to be Warner with more hype because he's at Oregon. One difference is that Warner helped build up the offense at Michigan State, (which has split with Oregon the last two years and done it without Phil Knight). Frost inherited the Quack attack from others who created it.

Frost inherited the Quack attack from others who created it.

That's not entirely fair. Frost was on the staff for all but one of Kelly's year's at Oregon, coaching the receivers. He isn't the architect of the offense, but he certainly played a hand in the success of those offenses under Kelly. And then he broke all of Kelly's offensive records in his first couple years as the OC.

That's not entirely fair. Frost was on the staff for all but one of Kelly's year's at Oregon, coaching the receivers. He isn't the architect of the offense, but he certainly played a hand in the success of those offenses under Kelly. And then he broke all of Kelly's offensive records in his first couple years as the OC.

Exactly if we only give credit to the original architect of a certain offense then that eliminates a ton of guys from ever being a head coach. He has continued what Chip started and has done it quite well