Interviews with several coaches have taken place | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Interviews with several coaches have taken place

But, there are two clear frontrunners. I have to assume that Babers is the other candidate on campus, along with Frost, this weekend.

Jekelish you are pretty plugged in on the recruiting side of things. Babers had a terrible recruiting class is that a pause for concern? Who would you give the edge to as far as recruiting goes? I assume on the recruiting trail Frost would have more of a name factor than Babers?

The ability to recruit above your perceived position in college football should be included. If Baber can't get us top 40 recruiting classes here it should be a red mark.

Jekelish you are pretty plugged in on the recruiting side of things. Babers had a terrible recruiting class is that a pause for concern? Who would you give the edge to as far as recruiting goes? I assume on the recruiting trail Frost would have more of a name factor than Babers?
Whoever it is has to be a proven recruiter

Honestly, it's hard to really say as far as I'm concerned. Of course Frost lands bigger recruits, he's at Oregon, Babers is at Bowling Green. Much, much easier to recruit to Team Nike than to a MAC team in the middle of nowhere.

I'm fine with either one, really. I mainly just want it to be Frost because I want my prediction to be correct. Ha.

I still think Frost gets the first offer, but might be holding out for a higher profile gig. We'll see soon enough. I fully expect to hear something this week.
I think you will be correct and Frost will get the first offer, but I think it is no better than 50-50 he takes it.

Honestly, it's hard to really say as far as I'm concerned. Of course Frost lands bigger recruits, he's at Oregon, Babers is at Bowling Green. Much, much easier to recruit to Team Nike than to a MAC team in the middle of nowhere.

Right now he has the 104th ranked class nationally that is after his offense put up a monster year. That is my major major concern and problem with Babers. I understand that it is the MAC but still that isnt very good. You don't have a concern about his recruiting??

As a Baylor alumnus, my hope is that we hire Babers. He's a head coach with proven experience and can instantly bring a potent offense to the Hill. He's on the east coast so he should have some recruiting ties in places where Syracuse may be interested in. The recruits will come. See Baylor. It's ridiculous what they are pulling down there. It can happen to Cuse too.

Also, and this is probably irrational but:

Frost almost assuredly would change the S&C Program to one similarly used by Nike and Team USA whereas Babers would probably maintain status quo

I never heard he was in Syracuse radar until I saw his name mentioned in the Thamel recap, he seems like he could be a good fit as well at a school so what similar to SU, seems to have risen pretty fast, though I see nothing spectacular about the offense

Right now he has the 104th ranked class nationally that is after his offense put up a monster year. That is my major major concern and problem with Babers. I understand that it is the MAC but still that isnt very good. You don't have a concern about his recruiting??

Don't you know that recruits will line up to play for him at Syracuse?

And don't worry that he doesn't play defense, nobody should care about that fact either.

Don't you know that recruits will line up to play for him at Syracuse?

And don't worry that he doesn't play defense, nobody should care about that fact either.
Two of the biggest concerns I have

That's why I am a Frosty SOB

Do they have any connection?
None that I can think of. Don't see where their paths might have crossed in their careers, either, other than just in passing at AFCA conventions or something.