Invoices are posted | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Invoices are posted

Meh. We don’t know what the value is due to Covid. Lots of fans didn’t turn out and a % was due to Covid hassle or concerns. I’d bet more fall into this category than “we stink!” - still a great value compared to other programs

I had extra tickets in 2019, the year we were supposed to be good. I couldn't give them away, even before it was known that we stunk.

The problem is there are so many empty seats. i can give up my season tickets and get individual games in similar seats and save money. There is no fear of being left out as no one else is coming in to steal them. Maybe I am a few rows back, but it isn't a huge difference.

I can go to Louisville (season opener), Purdue (potentially ranked), NC State (potentially ranked), and Notre Dame for under $500 or pay $650 to also get Wagner, UVA, and FSU. Now if my section actually filled up I would have no choice but to take the $650 option. But that isn't the case. Heck I could probably get those three games for under $150 on the Stubhub and have all 7 games for under $650.

For football there is a major supply problem which will keep ticket prices low. Raising prices doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I had extra tickets in 2019, the year we were supposed to be good. I couldn't give them away, even before it was known that we stunk.

The problem is there are so many empty seats. i can give up my season tickets and get individual games in similar seats and save money. There is no fear of being left out as no one else is coming in to steal them. Maybe I am a few rows back, but it isn't a huge difference.

I can go to Louisville (season opener), Purdue (potentially ranked), NC State (potentially ranked), and Notre Dame for under $500 or pay $650 to also get Wagner, UVA, and FSU. Now if my section actually filled up I would have no choice but to take the $650 option. But that isn't the case.

For football there is a major supply problem which will keep ticket prices low. Raising prices doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Yup thinking about giving up my tickets for the first time in forever…

I can find cheaper seats and better views and I don’t have to commit to a whole season

This was botched by Syracuse…

You have some sections that just saw a 80% or more increase and some sections s had a 0% increase.

That’s the unacceptable part…

I think if you look at what the did as a whole they did a pretty good job..

they fixed the previous screwed up pricing in the lower end zone bowls..
they adjusted choices to the sidelines for people who wanted that view
they expanded the premium lower bowl sideline 50ish pricing a small bit on the far side

very few areas took big hits and to me going from 125 to 225 is not a big hit just bad pricing before which no one complained about getting a huge discount for year after year. you are paying 1/2 what most places would charge for that even after the increase.

you want to get in cheap you can
you want to get in for a bargain you can and you have tons of choices
you want to pay bigger bucks you can.
and if you want the prime seats it went up $100-125 after sitting flat for awhile. $100 over 7 games so $15 a ticket.

Yup thinking about giving up my tickets for the first time in forever…

I can find cheaper seats and better views and I don’t have to commit to a whole season

This was botched by Syracuse…

You have some sections that just saw a 80% or more increase and some sections s had a 0% increase.

That’s the unacceptable part…

Notre Dame is the only risk. But if you get individual tix before they go on sale to the general public, you would be fine. The other games are easy to find under face value.

I think if you look at what the did as a whole they did a pretty good job..

they fixed the previous screwed up pricing in the lower end zone bowls..
they adjusted choices to the sidelines for people who wanted that view
they expanded the premium lower bowl sideline 50ish pricing a small bit on the far side

very few areas took big hits and to me going from 125 to 225 is not a big hit just bad pricing before which no one complained about getting a huge discount for year after year. you are paying 1/2 what most places would charge for that even after the increase.

you want to get in cheap you can
you want to get in for a bargain you can and you have tons of choices
you want to pay bigger bucks you can.
and if you want the prime seats it went up $100-125 after sitting flat for awhile. $100 over 7 games so $15 a ticket.

It is not bad (too low) pricing if there are plenty of empty seats in the section. These pricing changes are just rearranging the deck chairs. People will move sections. Those seats are not worth $225. Most places do not have a bad product and a stadium too big for its fan base. So you cannot compare.

Any section that sells well is under priced. Any section that doesn't sell well is over priced.

Games will look bad this year on TV with silver on the sidelines and people in the end zones / upper deck where the cameras are not.

The sidelines in the upper deck are really out of whack. If you are in the last few rows of A, you can move back and save $150 for a similar view. If B you can move to C and save $150. If D you can move back and save $175.

It would be a PIA but they should have separate pricing lower vs upper premium. You cannot have 4 price levels in the same section with huge gaps in between prices. If A vs B was $75 vs $150 then it would make more sense. Or if D vs non premium were $50 instead of $175!

SU is giving people incentive to spend less. They should be enticing to spend more.

I think they are skewed by location here compared to other stadiums.. yea if i was at the old meadowlands and sitting upperdeck low rows vs the top it was a big deal.. but in the dome row 10 vs row 30 not much at all. Other than a few more steps to the seat the view is fine. the people in the lower bowl some took a $100 hit for that view but still its cheap at $225 for many who want to stay there. People like Bees to a huge hit and since the majority of people sit on the sidelines thats where most of the price hike happened.

I think they are skewed by location here compared to other stadiums.. yea if i was at the old meadowlands and sitting upperdeck low rows vs the top it was a big deal.. but in the dome row 10 vs row 30 not much at all. Other than a few more steps to the seat the view is fine. the people in the lower bowl some took a $100 hit for that view but still its cheap at $225 for many who want to stay there. People like Bees to a huge hit and since the majority of people sit on the sidelines thats where most of the price hike happened.

$225 is a great deal for a mediocre team that makes Bowls every year and wins over 50% of their home games. It is an awful deal for a team that has made 4 Bowls the last 17 years and just went 1-4 vs P5 teams at home.

$225 is a great deal for a mediocre team that makes Bowls every year and wins over 50% of their home games. It is an awful deal for a team that has made 4 Bowls the last 17 years and just went 1-4 vs P5 teams at home.
only if the only value in going to a see game is if they win.

so how good has Kansas been? check out those prices..

FSU has been way down for most of the decade.. those $225 tickets here are $325. those sideline tickets are $750 in the lower bowl.

SU has been under market pricing and still is but instead of way under we are just slightly under now.

People may go to the secondary market and pay over price for a certain game, but they won’t pay that price for seven games. Basketball works the same way.

FSU has been way down for most of the decade.. those $225 tickets here are $325. those sideline tickets are $750 in the lower bowl.

SU has been under market pricing and still is but instead of way under we are just slightly under now.
Incorrect

Those are state schools that have large loyal fanbases. SU is a small private school. Even when SU is good we struggle to get 75% capacity.

Wake and Vandy have cheaper tickets than us. That is a better comparison.

Edit

Also getting 1000 people at $125 is better for the program than getting 750 people at $225. Having an extra 250 people engaged and creating a bond with the program (future ticket sales / merchandise), buying concessions, and creating a greater home field advantage more than offsets the extra cash. It also helps sell advertising having more people in the Dome. Additionally it creates a smaller barrier for entry for new fans.

Obviously if there is a high retention rate in the section, going to $225 is a no brainer. But if people are moving sections, or not renewing then it is a big mistake.

Last edited:

Can you really compare SU prices to state school prices?

However, I think the prices overall are a bargain. It's nuts that Bees, who has been a loyal supporter of SU since Mel Eggers was in diapers, saw such a large increase. My seats increased 53% from last year. I go to one or two games a year and buy the tickets to support the team. I was already considering dropping them as grabbing some on stubhub would be a breeze anyway for the game(s) I wanted to attend. There is no way could I justify the price this year as my kid graduates in May with his masters and I'll be in Syracuse even less often than before. As I mentioned somewhere else, I was able to move over a section and up two rows and spend only $265 for the pair. No brainer at that price point.

Can you really compare SU prices to state school prices?

However, I think the prices overall are a bargain. It's nuts that Bees, who has been a loyal supporter of SU since Mel Eggers was in diapers, saw such a large increase. My seats increased 53% from last year. I go to one or two games a year and buy the tickets to support the team. I was already considering dropping them as grabbing some on stubhub would be a breeze anyway for the game(s) I wanted to attend. There is no way could I justify the price this year as my kid graduates in May with his masters and I'll be in Syracuse even less often than before. As I mentioned somewhere else, I was able to move over a section and up two rows and spend only $265 for the pair. No brainer at that price point.
does it matter if its a state school if its only selling 40-50% of its seats? Kansas seats 47K so pretty much what the dome does. They have higher prices for worse seats and sell less tickets.

does it matter if its a state school if its only selling 40-50% of its seats? Kansas seats 47K so pretty much what the dome does. They have higher prices for worse seats and sell less tickets.
I agree. A team that has trouble filing it stadium shouldn't raise prices. If we continue to raise prices to Kansas levels, we will sell even less seats.

I still feel like there should be a 3rd option for those who don't or can't afford the $99-$125 seats but still want to contribute. For $50 you get to decorate the mannequin of your choice online and the University will place it in the stadium in one of the empty seats. All season long. Win-win. For the super low price of $20 you get a blow up doll instead, but you can't take it home at the end of the season.

I still feel like there should be a 3rd option for those who don't or can't afford the $99-$125 seats but still want to contribute. For $50 you get to decorate the mannequin of your choice online and the University will place it in the stadium in one of the empty seats. All season long. Win-win. For the super low price of $20 you get a blow up doll instead, but you can't take it home at the end of the season.
Can you take it home during the season?

so they say that some of the ticket is tax deductible. that would mean only if you file long form now and have a large number of deductions to get past the new limits?
Yes but it was always like that. Only if you itemized did you get to take the deduction.

Yes but it was always like that. Only if you itemized did you get to take the deduction.
It helped back in the day. For the last 5 years, or so, this is no longer a deduction for most of us.

I love our end zone seats. It can suck a bit for short running plays toward the opposite end zone, but it's great for seeing routes develop all over the field.
What routes? I thought routes weren’t in the playbook.

I still think it was a miss by the school on the Dome renovation when it comes to seating. They should have converted the bleachers to actual seats. It would have reduced capacity, but it would have made fans more comfortable, leading to a better overall experience and potentially increasing demand. Reduce capacity (lower supply), increase demand (better experience for the fan), justifies a higher price.

At a minimum they should have done it on the lower level.

AA5F3F02-CCDD-4FEC-B5FB-A52CDEB37720.png

Last edited:
I still think it was a miss by the school on the Dome renovation when it comes to seating. They should have converted the bleachers to actual seats. It would have reduced capacity, but it would have made fans more comfortable, leading to a better overall experience and potentially increasing demand. Reduce capacity (lower supply), increase demand (better experience for the fan), justifies a higher price.

At a minimum they should have done it on the lower level.

View attachment 213484

Simply put, the money just wasn’t there.

Plus the daunting task of relocating a lot of season ticket holders

Ultimately they will switch to this I am sure

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom