Iona 89, Maryland 63 | Syracusefan.com

Iona 89, Maryland 63

I feel bad for all the MD fans that were saying "thank god bball season is here".

Wow - I know Iona is decent, but an ACC team should not be losing to a MAAC team by 26 points.

They only have 7 scholarship players at the moment. Two are out until at least January, Peshon Howard and a big dude.

Maryland looked really bad in that game.

Iona has some decent mid major road games coming up (at Denver, at Richmond, at William and Mary, at Hofstra, at Vermont), but based on what they showed in Puerto Rico against Purdue, Western Michigan and Maryland, they could have a very good record this season. I know a lot of people think highly of Glover and MoMo but Machado is the key to that team. In his three games this season he has 11 assists, 15 assists and then came back with 15 more assists against Maryland. Could you even imagine if Scoop had anything near those stats.

ACC is not going to be challenging outside of duke and north carolina... Maybe wake forest will show up every couple of years but it's doubtful. What will be challenging is the ACC refs that won't let Syracuse and Pitt play real basketball.

I feel bad for Smokefree. :rolling:

Iona is a good team this year, they would give us a good game.

ACC is not going to be challenging outside of duke and north carolina... Maybe wake forest will show up every couple of years but it's doubtful. What will be challenging is the ACC refs that won't let Syracuse and Pitt play real basketball.

Florida St. will be a legit #3 ACC squad this year. Returning most of a sweet 16 team. I think ACC ball will fit SU's style fine. Pitt's neutral zone trap inspired clutch and grab tactics, not so much.

Shoulda joined the MAAC instead
It's almost like two years ago when (was it Bleacher Report?) had us as the #2 team in the state behind Siena:rolling: We went on to be #1 in the country that year :rolling::rolling:couchburn

It's almost like two years ago when (was it Bleacher Report?) had us as the #2 team in the state behind Siena:rolling: We went on to be #1 in the country that year :rolling::rolling:couchburn

Bleacher Report, a top notch destination for unintentional comedy.

The Terrapins were clearly distracted by the Kickline.

ACC refs that won't let Syracuse and Pitt play real basketball.
Pitt

real basketball

What did I just read?

What did I just read?

Funny, ever since Pittsburgh beat us for the Big East championship in 2001, I've been pretty certain that their program destroyed basketball as I know it. At least once each subsequent winter, that idea has been reinforced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom