IPF Update | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

IPF Update

Equipment, although I am sure it will not be needed cause HCSS is going to channel his inner Schwartzwalder and have the boys put it up by hand for spring practice #hardnosed #drive rivets by hand #kungfu;)

Resize_0220141702-03_01.jpg

Last edited:
I couldn't figure out if this was more equipment or our OLine and DLine training in snow banks as the rain made things kind of blurry. #IfrigginlovedaCUSE I hope I was able to contribute in some small way. GO CUSE; TOOT PUKIE DUKE!

Resize_0220141704-00_01.jpg

Last edited:
I couldn't figure out if this was more equipment or our OLine and DLine training in snow banks as the rain made things kind of blurry. #IfrigginlovedaCUSE I hope I was able to contribute in some small way. GO CUSE; TOOT PUKIE DUKE!

View attachment 8229
Not sure, but it could be Acosta and Adam demnstrsting for the O line and TEs.

Thanks for the photos.

Equipment, although I am sure it will not be needed cause HCSS is going to channel his inner Schwartzwalder and have the boys put it up by hand for spring practice #hardnosed #drive rivets by hand #kungfu;)

View attachment 8228

HCSS has gotten some ideas from the Amish influx to the area, this is going to be a good old fashioned barn raising.

Ate at Cheesecake Factory last night. Waited 97 minutes to be seated. Was well freaking worth it. Had a few drinks at the bar with the wife while we waited. They said it usually takes 3 months before things settle down to normalcy when they open a new Cheesecake Factory. I was talking to the manager.
I used to wait 90 minutes to get a seat at the Atlanta Fish Market. Nowadays, if I wait that long I am going to be too drunk to eat.

$14 million? Isn't that cheaper than ours? Looks like a decent facility.

I like the idea of a four-lane straightaway and some jumping pits. Track improvements at Manley can't come soon enough; would be nice to have a couple temporary amenities of that sort in the football building.
Ours was announced as a $17 million facility. The square footage for ours is in the 102K range, the specs for their facility are in the 90K range.

Ours was announced as a $17 million facility. The square footage for ours is in the 102K range, the specs for their facility are in the 90K range.

Thanks, Tom.

I guess our labor costs are a little higher and we'll have a couple interior rooms to add to the price.

Wish SU was putting a track inside the IPF as the Manley configuration is awful for both sprints and distance (not to mention no space for jumps/throws). ACC meet was at Clemson and looked like a real nice facility.

Caught this in a lax article from Dave:

A $13 million indoor football practice facility currently under construction on the campus of Syracuse University will offer relief next year for the Orange men’s lacrosse team in the form of a full-length field protected from the weather and immune to basketball season. In the meantime, John Desko’s team is slipping on thin ice.

http://www.insidelacrosse.com/news/...cuse-cornells-transition-and-occs-streak-line

(I've made my thoughts about Desko's whining about not having a full field indoor practice facility known on the lax board.)

A $13 million indoor football practice facility currently under construction on the campus of Syracuse University will offer relief next year for the Orange men’s lacrosse team in the form of a full-length field protected from the weather and immune to basketball season. In the meantime, John Desko’s team is slipping on thin ice.

http://www.insidelacrosse.com/news/...cuse-cornells-transition-and-occs-streak-line

(I've made my thoughts about Desko's whining about not having a full field indoor practice facility known on the lax board.)
But will that improve faceoffs & ground balls?

Good.

If the lacrosse program isn't grateful for Manley, let them fight for time in the IPF and convert Manley back to the best indoor athletics facility in Upstate.

Good.

If the lacrosse program isn't grateful for Manley, let them fight for time in the IPF and convert Manley back to the best indoor athletics facility in Upstate.
I expect the lax teams to have regular access to the IPF until the end of the hoops season or the start of football Spring practice.

Manley is used by all of SU's field teams. I would be surprised to see Manley re-converted to an indoor track facility in the near term.

Noticed that for the last home basketball game, the turf on backcourt area where food and drinks are sold and many people congregate before games was left uncovered.

Very unusual. I am guessing it was left this way to allow the lacrosse teams to practice on a full field. Hope no one spilled anything on the turf while it was completely exposed for that game...

I expect the lax teams to have regular access to the IPF until the end of the hoops season or the start of football Spring practice.

Manley is used by all of SU's field teams. I would be surprised to see Manley re-converted to an indoor track facility in the near term.

I'd be surprised, too, but I've heard rumors.

Noticed that for the last home basketball game, the turf on backcourt area where food and drinks are sold and many people congregate before games was left uncovered.

Very unusual. I am guessing it was left this way to allow the lacrosse teams to practice on a full field. Hope no one spilled anything on the turf while it was completely exposed for that game...

I thought the same thing when I saw it but then I turned on the local news channel and saw it being covered with dirt for the Monster Jam this weekend

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom