?

• Poll choice...

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Poll choice...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

stuckinbig11

All American
today. My older son grew up a Syracuse fan, went to Wisconsin for grad school and became a Badger fan, and is now the faculty rep for the basketball team at UNC-Asheville. As it is my Spring Break, my wife and I are in Asheville visiting and playing with our two granddaughters. Our son had an invitation for the party today, so we all went, despite the predictions that UNCA would be paired with Syracuse. I kept a low profile in deference to my son's tenure-track status and perks he gets a faculty bball rep, but nobody there gives them much of a chance, so it was not difficult to stay quiet.

I have not read much here yet about the picks, but my strongest reaction was: How in hell did Michigan State get a No. 1 ?

I forgot to add that a guy on the UNCA bball staff (behind the scenes staff) is an SU grad. He got a lot of ribbing but made the politically correct statement that he hoped UNCA would win. I was going to approach him after the party, but decided against it.

today. My older son grew up a Syracuse fan, went to Wisconsin for grad school and became a Badger fan, and is now the faculty rep for the basketball team at UNC-Asheville. As it is my Spring Break, my wife and I are in Asheville visiting and playing with our two granddaughters. Our son had an invitation for the party today, so we all went, despite the predictions that UNCA would be paired with Syracuse. I kept a low profile in deference to my son's tenure-track status and perks he gets a faculty bball rep, but nobody there gives them much of a chance, so it was not difficult to stay quiet.

I have not read much here yet about the picks, but my strongest reaction was: How in hell did Michigan State get a No. 1 ?

Wow Doug, talk about a small world. So I take it you didn't pull out the pictures you took a week ago;). Congratulations to your son.

Wow Doug, talk about a small world. So I take it you didn't pull out the pictures you took a week ago;). Congratulations to your son.
I did not have my camera, which still has the Hardwood Banquet photos on it, with me, as I had no reason to take pics. Even if I had it, I would not have wanted anyone to destroy it.

Doug... Great story. I agree with Cherie. Would have been funny if you had shown them the pix of you with Scoop and Rak from last Sunday night.

I thought only I wound up in the middle of such crazy "small world" stories.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom