Is Gus gone? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Is Gus gone?

Gotta love a couple of the blondies on there begging him to; as well as miami and fsu fans on Gus' twitter.

Or guys pretending to be hot girls that LOVE football and follow recruiting religiously.

Kid won a state championship at quarterback, throwing up big dual threat statistics - total fluke.
2012 was his freshman yr, a new spread offense was added in the weeks prior to the season and having 2.5 QB's in front of him had nothing to do with it.

Coach P would start him tomorrow!

I think his year at Milford brought him back down to earth... better competition and realization that his passing skills might not cut the muster at D1??

http://www.milfordacademy.org/players-abroyld.html

Straight from Gus...
Young_King@GodsGiftGUS
Smh I didn't even de-commit!

So now do we have to start a new thread that says stories of Gus decommitting untrue?

I wouldn't blame him from de-committing just out of spite.

Well, he just changed his photo and removed the Syracuse reference.

Just hope Syracuse sends their full coaching contingent down to see Gus for an in-home.

AE getting vocal now is why its never a good idea to bash a kid until (at least) the ink is dry.

Speaking of twitter - I've noticed HOG fans all over Cooper twitter basically begging him to still visit this weekend. Gotta love a couple of the blondies on there begging him to; as well as miami and fsu fans on Gus' twitter.

I got into a "conversation" with a hog fan. He called me a dumb*ss for having the audacity to suggest we've had better receivers over our history (Marvin Harrison, Art Monk vs. ?) and that we had a better season than they did (2-6 in SEC with a loss to Rutgers. No win as good as WVU or Ville).

Drinking that sweet SEC tea down there. Bringing up Loiusvilles destruction of Florida really got them going.

Yep... Twitter just gave an excuse why is "de-committing" now...

We have 9 days, let's see what happens..

Or guys pretending to be hot girls that LOVE football and follow recruiting religiously.

That's the creepiest thing I've heard in a long time.

and did you see the tweet from somebody telling him to take the Syracuse stuff down? it's ed like that that's beyond comprehension - although the poster could be anybody.

Victor Candela@VPCandela
@godsgiftgus dude take down the syracuse jersey pic & remove references to cuse from ur profile.Have fun down in FL when they get sanctioned

and did you see the tweet from somebody telling him to take the Syracuse stuff down? it's Tristaned like that that's beyond comprehension - although the poster could be anybody.

Victor Candela@VPCandela
@godsgiftgus dude take down the syracuse jersey pic & remove references to cuse from ur profile.Have fun down in FL when they get sanctioned
This is absolutely repulsive. Whoever felt it necessary to tweet to Augustus this nonsense, grow up. I'm sorry your 7th grade gf broke your heart and you've never recovered. Therefore it's necessary for you to slam a 17 year old over something you thought to be true.

I'm not saying it was anybody who comes to this site or not, but the fact that any looney with a computer can have outright access like this to somebody, an adolescent no less, and throw a temper tantrum is mind boggling. Maybe I'm overreacting right now, but I find it amazing that some middle aged mouth breather can have an impact on our recruiting. And don't tell me this doesn't have an impact bc it drew a response.

and did you see the tweet from somebody telling him to take the Syracuse stuff down? it's Tristaned like that that's beyond comprehension - although the poster could be anybody.

Victor Candela@VPCandela

I saw that too. I don't blame him for changing his twitter pic. Who needs that kind of harrassment.

Kid won a state championship at quarterback, throwing up big dual threat statistics - total fluke.
2012 was his freshman yr, a new spread offense was added in the weeks prior to the season and having 2.5 QB's in front of him had nothing to do with it.

Coach P would start him tomorrow!
When you can't figure out what your routes and assignments are on a field how are you going to read a college defense? And don't even try to compare high school football in New York to BCS football. You're better than that.

This is absolutely repulsive. Whoever felt it necessary to tweet to Augustus this nonsense, grow up. I'm sorry your 7th grade gf broke your heart and you've never recovered. Therefore it's necessary for you to slam a 17 year old over something you thought to be true.

I'm not saying it was anybody who comes to this site or not, but the fact that any looney with a computer can have outright access like this to somebody, an adolescent no less, and throw a temper tantrum is mind boggling. Maybe I'm overreacting right now, but I find it amazing that some middle aged mouth breather can have an impact on our recruiting. And don't tell me this doesn't have an impact bc it drew a response.

A "former" visitor.

So the coaching staff leaves, the two things he cited as reasons why he committed in the first place have not changed, yet he is considering decommitting, lol.
Wouldn't the coaching staff be considered part of the "family", especially when it's your potential position coach and the OC?

I agree with this 100%. I think that even positive posts/tweets to recruits are unnecessary. Maybe the recruits might enjoy being shown the love or what have you, but all in all I'd really like to just have 'Cuse fans let the recruiters do the recruiting.

OE, he's still considering us.
According to a writer who directly quoted Gus yesterday, that is not the case. Gus was also quoted as saying that Miami & FSU were his top two.

I understand that Gus is now saying that he hasn't decommitted, which might be a courtesy to the SU staff. I am not arguing this one way or the other just reporting what was reported from someone who talked with GE.

cant blame gus. he committed and was coming here. coaching staff changes. that changes everything. although miami doesnt make sense, i have respect for a kid who was committed to cuse at one time and changed his mind for a good reason, that isn't being courted by a bigger name school.

cant blame gus. he committed and was coming here. coaching staff changes. that changes everything. although miami doesnt make sense, i have respect for a kid who was committed to cuse at one time and changed his mind for a good reason, that isn't being courted by a bigger name school.

I tried figuring this out, but ended up getting a headache . . . . .

Rivals pulled the story and Gus is listed as a committment again.

According to a writer who directly quoted Gus yesterday, that is not the case. Gus was also quoted as saying that Miami & FSU were his top two.

I understand that Gus is now saying that he hasn't decommitted, which might be a courtesy to the SU staff. I am not arguing this one way or the other just reporting what was reported from someone who talked with GE.

I don't know if he has or hasn't decommitted, but I do know writers twist things and sometimes outright lie..

he hasnt decommitted i read on TOS that us fsu and miami are all even at this point and the writer who spoke to him spoke to him after this rivals story