Is it allowed as a Syracuse fan to say JB is awesome but our offensive system sucks? | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Is it allowed as a Syracuse fan to say JB is awesome but our offensive system sucks?

One thing that was clear to me, the UConn kids wanted the game more than our kids did. yes, they shot the ball out of their butts, but the effort was greater on their end in my opinion. You have to bring it every game.

They certainly looked a step quicker all night long.

One thing that was clear to me, the UConn kids wanted the game more than our kids did. yes, they shot the ball out of their butts, but the effort was greater on their end in my opinion. You have to bring it every game.

I hate to question effort, but I agree. And that's what drives me crazy. I can handle losing but it really bothers me when we get outhustled.

So teams don’t have nights where they are more energetic?
On this one you are IMO completely wrong. Poor defense can happen in individual games and you can still be an elite defense.
Our guys can play poor defensively in single games and the D is still elite. That would be a fluke in what I am saying.
Teams shooting 57% from 3 against our D is a fluke IMO. It won’t happen often.
I really don’t get your point.

If a team shoots 57 percent from three when we are playing well on defense, that’s one thing. Statistical outliers happen. It is what it is. But that’s not what happened last night.

A fluke is a chance occurrence. The whole team coming out and playing piss poor defense and letting a small team out rebound them is not a chance occurrence. There’s a reason for it.

I don’t think if we won I would feel good about this offense being NC good.
Howard is going to help and I think we will be a top 25 team I just don’t see us beating as big a contender as the hype coming into the year due to this offense.

This is where I've been since last spring. It's awesome that Battle came back, he's an easy kid to root for, but it was crazy talk to think that SU was a top-ten team right off the bat. Carmelo Anthony's not on this team. We know what the offense will be this year and next year, and we know what the limitations are.

Feel like everything just works smoother on O with Marek in the game at the 4 or the 5. He just makes the right play and never forces anything. I hated watching him sit on the bench for the 1st 12 minutes or whatever it was last night. Also think Hughes thinks he's an Alpha and took some selfish shots towards the end that were early in the shot clock and dumb.

I'm not usually critical of Boeheim's personnel decisions but I continue to be confused by his 180 on the traditional "start the cerebral glue guy, bring Mr. Instant Offense off the bench" strategy this season. Seems like a no-brainer to let Dolezaj get into a rhythm and then send in Hughes, Joseph/Scoop/Waiters -style, as a high-energy reserve.

Obviously the injury situation has created a lineup problem, but I wouldn't have guessed that this would be part of it since Hughes is apparently strictly a 3.

Is that okay? Are we as fans allowed to respect JB and believe his lack of changing the offense is a problem?
After these last March runs this decade it’s undisputed his D works.
I don’t even bother questioning it.
His D will be fine.
Somebody on the staff needs to be given this task of developing a system on offense that is all ISO heavy.
We don’t recruit the 1 and done athletes that have the NBA skills to rely on ISO ball to be effective.
Are we allowed to respect JB but believe this?

I have absolutely nothing productive to add so I will just say this:

OP making some bold claims about JB’s D. And how would they know such details unless...yep, Alsacs is Julie B!

Einhorn is Finkle!

Just look at the stats of these games.
Our offense is so jump shot dependent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors