Is it true the new Purdue coach... | Syracusefan.com

Is it true the new Purdue coach...

Cuseregular

Hall of Fame
was at least somewhat dismissive of Syracuse because "they haven't played anyone yet" or words to that effect I just heard a podcaster infer? Bad enough for locker room chalk board material or is the dude blowing it up a bit beyond what he meant and without context? Anyone see this?

Last edited:
Confused Girl.gif

we’ve opened with similar foes and haven’t had the same rankings so he can dismiss it all he wants. We’re gonna smash them

Hope you are right!!!

Let's Do Orange!!!

If it was us that opened the season losing to one of the better G5 programs then playing and winning a P5 road game we'd be saying the same things. Not sure why they scheduled 3 tough ones I guess Fresno was the only school they could find willing to go there with no return game. I know they had a home and home with Nevada a few years back and opened the season with an great Thurs or Friday night game in Reno.

If it was us that opened the season losing to one of the better G5 programs then playing and winning a P5 road game we'd be saying the same things. Not sure why they scheduled 3 tough ones I guess Fresno was the only school they could find willing to go there with no return game. I know they had a home and home with Nevada a few years back and opened the season with an great Thurs or Friday night game in Reno.
I have yet to see anyone on this board be ok with a loss to a G5, that is not to say it hasn't happened but if we lost to a G5 then I think the sentiment would be different in terms of season outlook.

For those that didn't watch, to summarize the Purdue coaches response to the question was basically we played who was on our schedule and we did our job. Said it was hard to know the small differences in the offense this year were because that is how Beck will call the offense or if it was opponent related. Defensively he brought up Rocky's 3-3-5 stack and how he brings pressure 50% of the time. Nothing but complimentary to Syracuse.

Last edited:
was at least somewhat dismissive of Syracuse because "they haven't played anyone yet" or words to that effect I just heard a podcaster infer? Bad enough for locker room chalk board material or is the dude blowing it up a bit beyond what he meant and without context? Anyone see this?
In chalkboard language,"somewhat dismissive" means: "they think you're chit".

Last edited: