Is our defense really that bad? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Is our defense really that bad?

Im not in the mood to dive into stats right now so ill throw out my bare bones opinion.

We are playing complimentary football. Our offense is methodically driving the field, holding onto the ball for quite some time and putting points on the board.
When our offense is consistently doing that our defenses #1 priority should be dont give up big plays for points, bend dont break, hopefully they make a mistake, tighten up in red zone. No need to take big risks.
If we end up behind by a couple scores im sure plans will change.
Im not a genius but thats what I see.
I will be watching for adjustments when I think they are needed, we will see how it all plays out.
* We need to tackle better thats for sure.
**Losing our Defensive QB was quite the loss and i think our coaches did a great job adjusting.
I also think our scheme has bits of hiding weaknesses, not just the complimentary football theory.
complementary was Babers, and we saw how that worked out when it wasn't capitalized on. Fran is capitalizing on some points, but got some other issues with coaches stepping up to assist.

complementary was Babers, and we saw how that worked out when it wasn't capitalized on. Fran is capitalizing on some points, but got some other issues with coaches stepping up to assist.
Babers knew that he needed a defense that took chances bc his offense struggled...Also complimentary. Complimentary is a good thing. Fran preaches complimentary.
I agree there is capitalizing going on!

Babers knew that he needed a defense that took chances bc his offense struggled...Also complimentary. Complimentary is a good thing. Fran preaches complimentary.
I'll give you a complementary meal for the burger and fries we paid for attending any game from MCD.. I'm sorry food and stuff is what our season tickets have paid for... as 200-300 level is not equal in the dome from the 100 person tickets for that compared to what had as an AWAY team at Vegas. That is another story... but...

Complementary offense and defense is a huge difference, and we don't have them complementing each other at all.. Especially now when we got O/D teams doing also special teams recently, as the primaries just suck on them all. Meeks and Pena on punt returns FYI... Whats next...

I agree there is capitalizing going on!
“Complimentary” is a good thing as long as the compliments are sincere.

“Complementary,” a different word, seems to be a much more contentious topic.

hungrychuck
Yea thanks. Its amazing how the little things make you think more as the years fly by.
Im sure you got my drift.
Compliments to you sîncerely.

Would you like to add anything of value to this thread? Or just your pretty red sharpie to remind me of my aging, deteriorating braîn?
I partake în some message boards with topics i am înterested in to keep my mind active and engaged. I fînd other peoples însights and opinions interesting.
Id rather read jibberish that could lead me to some sort of conclusion than correctiôns of my work.
I aînt got that kînda time.

Last edited:
I'll give you a complementary meal for the burger and fries we paid for attending any game from MCD.. I'm sorry food and stuff is what our season tickets have paid for... as 200-300 level is not equal in the dome from the 100 person tickets for that compared to what had as an AWAY team at Vegas. That is another story... but...

Complementary offense and defense is a huge difference, and we don't have them complementing each other at all.. Especially now when we got O/D teams doing also special teams recently, as the primaries just suck on them all. Meeks and Pena on punt returns FYI... Whats next...
Oh ok. Cool. Who knows whats next? Hopefully our Defense continues to give up less points than our offense scores. My compliments to the complementary football.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom