Is posting down? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Is posting down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
to mandate that a poster has to login and write something positive after a win instead of choosing to enjoy the win in his/her own way is the definition of controlling. I spend enough time looking at my phone so if I’d generally rather enjoy a beer on my couch after a win and catch some other games I guess I have unresolved issues. I didn’t realize that pattern of behavior is unheard of.

You're obviously welcome to enjoy wins however you want but with that comes to the realization that some people may not take you as seriously when you're always being negative. I think we all have people like that in our lives. At a certain point, it just becomes tiresome when someone has nothing good to say and you don't want to listen to it anymore.

Last edited:
to mandate that a poster has to login and write something positive after a win instead of choosing to enjoy the win in his/her own way is the definition of controlling. I spend enough time looking at my phone so if I’d generally rather enjoy a beer on my couch after a win and catch some other games I guess I have unresolved issues. I didn’t realize that pattern of behavior is unheard of.

Hahaha is this serious? Who cares how you choose to enjoy a SU win just stop with the constant negativity. Some of it's called for but you would find a way to complain about a sunny 70 degree February day in Syracuse.

You're obviously welcome to enjoy wins however you want but with that comes to the realization that some people may not take you as seriously when you're always being negative. I think we all have people in that in our lives. At a certain people, it just becomes tiresome when someone has nothing good to say and you don't want to listen to it anymore.

An inherent flaw of human nature. It's why they say if a person has a good experience at a restaurant, hotel stay, or what have you, they may tell one or two people about it vs. a bad experience and they'll tell the world. :)

Last edited:
Hahaha is this serious? Who cares how you choose to enjoy a SU win just stop with the constant negativity. Some of it's called for but you would find a way to complain about a sunny 70 degree February day in Syracuse.

See, the problem with 70 in February is it tricks us all into thinking “we’ve made it”. Then when we get the inevitable March storm that dumps 3 feet of snow on us, it feels like that much more of a setback.

See, the problem with 70 in February is it tricks us all into thinking “we’ve made it”. Then when we get the inevitable March storm that dumps 3 feet of snow on us, it feels like that much more of a setback.

Ha, 70 in February, or 92 degrees in the dead of summer in Syracuse. Isn't it bred in all of us Syracuse folks to complain about something, at least to some extent. People complain in Syracuse in the summer that it's too frigging hot after 3 straight days of 90 degrees, etc. I just laugh, and say to them come on down to Charlotte where it's like that for 3 straight months. :)

You're obviously welcome to enjoy wins however you want but with that comes to the realization that some people may not take you as seriously when you're always being negative. I think we all have people in that in our lives. At a certain people, it just becomes tiresome when someone has nothing good to say and you don't want to listen to it anymore.
That's why there is an ignore button. Instead they prefer to complain about the complainers. Do you not see the irony?

1548969089267.png

That's why there is an ignore button. Instead they prefer to complain about the complainers. Do you not see the irony?
You seem to be confusing "complaining about the complainers" with challenging the complainers, which are two different things, in my opinion. And it seems to me many of the more prolific complainers here do not like to be challenged; as a result, some have moved on to other pursuits, or other places where their negativity is more welcome, and that's fine.

You seem to be confusing "complaining about the complainers" with challenging the complainers, which are two different things, in my opinion. And it seems to me many of the more prolific complainers here do not like to be challenged; as a result, some have moved on to other pursuits, or other places where their negativity is more welcome, and that's fine.

Spot on.

A far bigger irony -- after grandstanding about one's board-related free speech right to complain indiscriminately -- is then talking out of the other side of one's mouth about others exercising their free speech right to respond.

Last edited:
Spot on.

A far bigger irony -- after grandstanding about one's board-related free speech right to complain indiscriminately -- is then talking out of the other side of one's mouth about others exercising their free speech right to respond.
Free speech should not include attacking other posters - it’s where I’d draw the line. Everyone has their own opinion on where that line is apparently.

By the way, if serial or repetitive dialogue is the issue then this place will quickly become a ghost town. If only original or unpatterned thoughts are deemed acceptable, then everyone is guilty of rehashing the same variety of talking points. People just don’t want to believe that they, too, are contributing to this manufactured “problem”.

The program is mired in arguably one of its toughest stretches in the last 40 years. Take away all the criticism and calls for accountability and there won’t be much left to say.

Last edited:
Free speech should not include attacking other posters - it’s where I’d draw the line. Everyone has their own opinion on where that line is apparently.

By the way, if serial or repetitive dialogue is the issue then this place will quickly become a ghost town. If only original or unpatterned thoughts are deemed acceptable, then everyone is guilty of rehashing the same variety of talking points. People just don’t want to believe that they, too, are contributing to this manufactured “problem”.

The program is mired in arguably one of its toughest stretches in the last 40 years. Take away all the criticism and calls for accountability and there won’t be much left to say.

That's the thing -- nobody is attacking YOU. They are reacting to the positions you express.

In your zeal to play the victim card, you mistakenly attribute it to ad hominem attacks. You expressed earlier in this thread that you think it is about people reacting to those without "likes" and "names" and "likes to post ratios," when in fact it is all about the ideas you are expressing.

Me pointing out that the viewpoint you were expressing was clueless isn't the same as calling you stupid, which is how you're trying to spin in.

Others -- including myself -- have expressed this repeatedly to you in this thread, but it doesn't appear to be sinking in. When you post reactionary, negative, or controversial viewpoints -- don't complain when it gets a negative visceral reaction in response. You are free to post whatever you'd like, and express whatever opinions you'd like [within the rules of the site]. And others are free to respond to you in kind.

Doing so isn't "attacking" you, nor is it about your likes to posts ratio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom