Is posting down? | Syracusefan.com

Is posting down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adk(roc)CUSE

All Conference
I'm someone who does not frequent he boards as much in the off season but when basketball season (or football) rolls around I am a junkie. I probably hop in to check on the board 15-20 times a day to see if there are any new threads or posts on created threads. Because I am checking so frequently perhaps my perception is a bit skewed. On game day the threads and post seem to be the norm but on non game days it seems like there is less? I've noticed that I have not seen some board members in awhile as well. Marsh for example. I always used to look forward to his threads on what ever college games might be going on that night and his Big East/ACC tournament pairing updates. I have not seen him in quite some time. As I said earlier perhaps it's just me and it seems there are less posts because I pop in so often during the day and night compared to the off season, and to expect new topics all the time is unrealistic. Any thoughts?

Go Cuse

Probably. There really isn't that much to talk about this year. This team just isn't all that exciting.

Up or down, exciting or not Syracuse basketball is always a passion of mine. A passion that I like to discuss and hear others discuss. It seems like the board, and board members who dont frequent anymore shared that opinion. Again, posting may not be down. Just a feeling I have.

I’m new. Been here about 2 years. I’m not naming names but there were a number of very interesting and informed people that got frustrated with some folks here. They mentioned they were frustrated with having to deal with a lot of nonsense and personal attacks. I miss their input but understand. I think you can find most on the pay site but never been there myself

1. The pay side members simply are not participating as much - instead they lord over us all with their fancy fonts, paid memberships and secret society information!

2. The team is rather dull at the moment - plus, people have gotten better about shouting, yelling, having hot fiery takes and don't really discuss topics. It's sort of fun on the OT board if you use it to entertain yourself, however, as it bled over here, I think it just alienated some people that enjoyed the more subtle/clever humor. It's sort of like ESPN...Dan Patrick era type, vs. whatever goes on there now with all the who can shout louder debate types.

3. The recruiting forum takes some topics away from the main board - so you may want to venture over there a bit. It's lively as well.

1. The pay side members simply are not participating as much - instead they lord over us all with their fancy fonts, paid memberships and secret society information!

It’s well established that non pay-side posters are less attractive physically, and while pay-siders speak in a well-educated manner, non pay-side posters tend to use lowbrow expressions like "Oh Yeah" and "C'mere a Minute.

Up or down, exciting or not Syracuse basketball is always a passion of mine. A passion that I like to discuss and hear others discuss. It seems like the board, and board members who dont frequent anymore shared that opinion. Again, posting may not be down. Just a feeling I have.
Sometimes it's a case of life priorities shifting, but some posters clearly got tired of navigating the board politics and the baggage that goes along with it. Crazy as it sounds, some just want to discuss SU basketball without worrying about the name of the poster, how many likes, whether their positive-negative ratio is acceptable, etc.

Are any of the moderators able to weigh in as to weather posting is actually down?

I had no idea there was a pay site. What is its purpose? Can anyone explain seriously how it works?

I guess I will never get a serious reply. I am thinking maybe there is no pay site but who knows!
Why do you think im not being serious. its not like you have to pay it all at once. it happens during BoostTheCuse

I'm posting a lot less and find this place to be virtually unreadable after a loss. Not entirely happy with the direction of the program over the last 5 regular seasons now, but there's only so many ways to say "xyz is ______" over and over again.

The optimism and excitement on the football side is exponentially more fun.

I will accept all payments for access to the pay site. :rolleyes:

Seriously there used to be a paysite about 15 years ago but it’s been long gone.

It is unfortunately true that many good posters either post much less or don’t post at all because of either the attack level that can pervade many discussions or the multiple off topic diversions within threads.

I had no idea there was a pay site. What is its purpose? Can anyone explain seriously how it works?

The only person who might be able to actually explain the inner workings of the pay site is a former poster known simply as Bjorn. Many here believe that was a code name. He disappeared several years ago under highly mysterious circumstances but is believed to be presently residing at the Ecuadorian embassy in London. Seek and you shall find.

Relative to other anonymous boards this board is well moderated and generally on point. I mean it’s not focused on metaphysics or eschatological questions, it’s football and basketball mostly. In the main it serves it’s purpose very well I think.

I guess I will never get a serious reply. I am thinking maybe there is no pay site but who knows!
Now I’m confused. I actually thought there was a blog provided by a radio show guy( name forgotten) who would give more insight and info privately and members are asked to not disclose some things. I thought it was a buck a month. I really don’t know now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom