Is the proverbial shoe about to drop on college basketball royalty? | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Is the proverbial shoe about to drop on college basketball royalty?

Isiah Whitehead got $37k while at Seton Hall. Plus his HS coach, who went with him to Seton Hall as assistant coach got a $9,500 loan. Unclear if Seton Hall is directly involved or just an agent who paid off Whitehead so he would represent him when he entered the draft. Either way, that situation just reeked of slime. Wow. No wonder JB got away from Whitehead. That confirms my faith in JB.

Briscoe was another guy we ran to the hills from and for good reason.

Sorry, Jay. No. I want all these people gone from college basketball (and football, for that matter) and in a professional league at some level. I want every school following the D-3/Ivy model of money for athletes.

Completely agree with this sentiment. Get the non-profit educators back into educating and out of running professional sports and entertainment concerns.

I’m sure you are right. Many, if not most, think the NCAA is this entity that grew out of the earth and which is responsible to no one. They view it like it’s a quasi-Government organization like the TVA.

They really don’t grasp that reports to the College presidents and it serves their interests.

Talk about the fox being in charge of the henhouse.

It's just like the NFL and Kraft...

Whitehead took the money and signed with another agent. He's lucky it wasn't an agent from Utica he pulled that on, someone like Denzel in "Man on Fire" would have his shooting hand taped to a steering wheel. Haha.

Briscoe was another guy we ran to the hills from and for good reason.

Blue Chips has been playing alot on Showtime recently. I can't help but see JB in Noltes shoes and honestly puts some context to general tones by JB when talking about other programs.

What the latest report on the college basketball corruption case means for Kentucky

UK Coach John Calipari released the following statement Friday morning: “I have no relationship with Andy Miller or any of his associates. Neither my staff nor I utilized any agent, including Andy Miller or any of his associates, to provide any financial benefits to a current or former Kentucky student-athlete. We will cooperate fully with the appropriate authorities.”

Lying sack of you know what. Throw the book at him/UK and Dook the hardest please!

I enjoyed the Nerlens Noel info in that article too but more than likely Cal had no knowledge of that either.
You left out the last line!

“All my payments to players went through the Bank of World Wide Wes.”

Kentucky is as blue blood as you can get they have been put on probation.
A loooong time ago. Probably will never happen again. Too much money at stake. If enough blue blood schools are implicated, NCAA will just revise the rules.

Do kids in Junior hockey get paid from their teams?
I always wondered if Junior hockey players in Canada got anything as I know its like SEC football in the South in Canada.
Around 500$/month stipend.

Sean Miller apparently was on a wire tap and said that they needed to pay 100k to secure DeAndre Ayton signing with them this past year. SHEEESH... buh bye Arizona

He HAS to be gone...if he survives this I give up
1.gif

He has to been gone tonight and Ayton ineligible.
These 3000 hours of recordings should scare the crap out of coaches.
Bruce Pearl, Andy Enfield, Sean Miller, Kevin Willard, Bruce Underwood be afraid.