Is the proverbial shoe about to drop on college basketball royalty? | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Is the proverbial shoe about to drop on college basketball royalty?

Sean Miller apparently was on a wire tap and said that they needed to pay 100k to secure DeAndre Ayton signing with them this past year. SHEEESH... buh bye Arizona

Wow. Miller is done.

sean-miller-shirt.jpg

Millers response months back...what a snake throwing Book under the bus. YOU directed him to deal with the money you ass

“I was devastated to learn last week of the allegations made against Emanuel Richardson,” Miller said in a statement released by the school. “I have expressed to both (Arizona president) Dr. (Robert) Robbins and our athletic director Dave Heeke that I fully support the university’s efforts to fully investigate these allegations. As the head basketball coach at the University of Arizona, I recognize my responsibility to not only establish a culture of success on the basketball court and in the classroom, but as important, to promote and reinforce a culture of compliance.

“To the best of my ability, I have worked to demonstrate this over the past eight years and will continue to do so as we move forward.”

Rob Murphy named.

Everyone is going to get this. Just a matter of what happens
He only was named as someone that Dawkins had a meeting with because Murphy thought he had an NBA player. I have no idea whether anything shady went down, and it's obviously not good to be associated with Dawkins at all, but on face value, if you think you have an NBA player, contacting an agent for him isn't necessarily out of the ordinary.

Sean Miller apparently was on a wire tap and said that they needed to pay 100k to secure DeAndre Ayton signing with them this past year. SHEEESH... buh bye Arizona
Do you have a link? Is this confirmed?

Any coaches who know they are involved in this need to quit right now. Otherwise they are compounding this fraud and will be open to personal lawsuits by any team or player that can prove they have been harmed by them. If these suits go before juries, they will be bankrupted.

Cue up Dandy Don Meredith regarding Miller.. turn out the lights, the party’s over...

haven't read every post since this thread exploded today so someone may have already covered this, but based on what I read in the article and what I know about the NCAAholes, this is how I see it playing out...

there will end up being 3 traunches of violators. the 3rd and lowest will be the "free meal" guys who received some kind of meal or minimal "payoff" which is a technical violation but nothing really substantial at the end of the day. I expect those schools to get short-term probation at worst.

next tier are the schools where is there is no direct connection to the money from the coaching staff and plausible deniability that anyone on the staff knew anything about it. those payments were from agents with the hope/expectation of the agent signing the player as a client. these should be treated as "lack of institutional control" under the same guise that the coaches should know everything and are ultimately responsible for everything in the program...but they wont be. I expect these schools to take a hit, but less than they should get (and substantially less than we got)

the highest level of violators are the Bowen class, the ones where money was given in order to steer a player to a certain school. these programs should be hammered but I expect they wont be because that list will prob include the likes of UK.

the determination of who is on that top tier wont be found in the financial ledgers but will come from the cooperative testimony of the Millers of the world.

AZ, welcome to "Bowen Class"

would you like peanuts before we take off?

Coach K said the Carter thing is settled. BS. What do you think they were having lunch for, to cut a deal for crying out loud. K needs to step down before the game tomorrow.